View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:36 pm

Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Opinions on the Gold Cup 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Opinions on the Gold Cup
keithbeaky wrote:
Big Bucks will never go chasing again

i no mate
would be some story though

nearly had a heart attack when VLV was cruising 1 out

seen her in navan several times didnt honestly think she was capable of that

most terrfied i have ever been watching a race well in saying that geordieland taking on yeats 2f out comes close now that was squeaky bum time

Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:59 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

really??? i honestly never worried about VLV at any point. Racing throws up funny results sometimes, especially at cheltenham, but there was no way that horse was going to beat Big Bucks up that hill

Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:55 pm
Group 1 winner

It's a really interesting point that we have been spoilt with staying chasers, because we very much have in the last 10 years or so. I think it could turn out to be quite a sad and poignant Gold Cup this year because it could prove to be Kauto's last race, I would be pleased in a way but also really saddened. It will be the end of an era with Denman and Master Minded retired and no-one seemingly from PN or anyone else to fill their boots.

I can't wait until next season when some of these really good looking novices are tested against their elders. I think judging by the way he jumped and travelled Sprinter Sacre would have won the Arkle, Queen Mother and the Gold Cup this week, it was immense. Apart from Time For Rupert I wasn't impressed with the way anything jumped in the Gold Cup, Long Run has definitely regressed. I'll look forward to how he does next season when he's a bit older, I hope he can recover to somewhere near his best; he's a lovely looking horse.

Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:48 pm
Group 1 winner

If Long Run comes back next year better than ever ( I Still have to be convinced he has regressed) and the Gold Cup is as weak as people might say the 12/1 for him to win the Gold Cup will surely be nowhere near his actual price come next march?? Got to remember this year only Kauto has beat him before gold cup so with no Kauto and he goes same prep route and he stays unbeaten next year l suspect nearer 2/1 again

Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:02 pm
Group 1 winner

Sir Des Champs and Sprinter Sacre the 2 new chase stars will beat Long Run in the Gold Cup next year.

Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:51 am
Group 1 winner

Sir Des Champs and Bobs Worth could be serious contenders. Id be interested in Grand Crus as well. I still cant believe that was his running. Scu said he wasn't the same horses as he was in the Feltham or the run at Cheltenham last year. Sprinter Sacre wouldn't stay the King George let alone the Gold Cup and is likely to win the Queen Mum as he wants.

Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:50 am
Group 1 winner

I think Sir Des Champs is a star in the making, very talented horse.

Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:28 pm
Group 1 winner

Sprinter Sacre will win at least one King George - do you really think he will stay at 2 mile for all his career, that would be naive. Everything about that horse suggests he will be a world class 3 miler in time

Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:36 pm
Group 1 winner

well kuato star started his career at 2miles in chases in fact mate he was 2/1 fav in the queen mother when he fell in 2006

SS is a very young horse and i think he will easy stay 3m+ in time

Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:20 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Kauto Star is and was a completely different animal who was always going to be a Gold Cup horse, looking back Nicholls wouldn't have ever gone for the Queen Mum. Check where Best Mate started as well. A lot of 3m chasers start off at 2m over hurdles, especially the classier types. Sir Des Champs is only running over 2m4/5 this season but is a Gold Cup horse next season. A lot of the time it will take too much out of a young horse to run over 3m in a Grade1. Thats why hardly any horses come out of the RSA that well.

Sprinter Sacre wouldn't stay the Gold Cup in a horse box and is the speediest 2m chaser since Moscow. He wont ever win a King George. Im not sure what suggests he will be a 3m chaser in time?

Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:42 pm
Group 1 winner

keithbeaky wrote:
Kauto Star is and was a completely different animal who was always going to be a Gold Cup horse, looking back Nicholls wouldn't have ever gone for the Queen Mum. Check where Best Mate started as well. A lot of 3m chasers start off at 2m over hurdles, especially the classier types. Sir Des Champs is only running over 2m4/5 this season but is a Gold Cup horse next season. A lot of the time it will take too much out of a young horse to run over 3m in a Grade1. Thats why hardly any horses come out of the RSA that well.

Sprinter Sacre wouldn't stay the Gold Cup in a horse box and is the speediest 2m chaser since Moscow. He wont ever win a King George. Im not sure what suggests he will be a 3m chaser in time?

Have to say I agree 100% with that.

Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:52 pm
Profile WWW
Handicapper

The Giant Bolster 10/1 for the King George next season can't wait for the opening of the market on betfair going to lay that one to the account reads £0

Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:44 pm
Handicapper

keithbeaky wrote:

I agree with this too, certainly with the Gold Cup.

Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:17 am
Group 1 winner

I completely forgot about Sir Des Champs. I'm looking forward to seeing him next season, I just hope he doesn't get too many runs on bottomless ground next season and they save him for the big English races. So few horses seem to train on in Ireland, personally I think it may have something to do with the awful ground they race on most season. But maybe someone with more Irish racing experience could correct me if I'm totally off the mark...

I doubt Sprinter Sacre will be a King George horse, and certainly not a Gold Cup horse. But he is only young and it is a lovely horse so who knows, only time will tell. I just can't wait for next season to see him out again.

I can't believe The Giant Bolster is only 10/1 for the King George, that's a crazy price considering what he is!!

On another note what do people think about Hunt Ball in the Betfair Bowl? I think he's interesting but I seriously think it might be a step too far with him, he's another I'm going to keep my eye on next season just to see how to goes against seasoned, 'better' chasers. (better is in italics because I don't think the likes of Synchronised are better but Synchronised has won a Gold Cup...)

Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:09 pm
Handicapper

I cant believe that they have left Synchronised in the National. Given the record of horses after they have run in the Gold Cup there is no way hell that Synchronised could win the national. He would have to be one of the greatest horses ever known and he would definitely be a lay for me!

Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next