View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:20 am

Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Opinions on the Gold Cup 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Opinions on the Gold Cup
Personally I have never rated Long run, always thought something will come out and beat him, looking forward to seeing if grands crus is as good as he is said to be next season, and as for synchronised I fancied him for the national before this and seeing how he ran it could be the perfect race for him. However, I think under geraghty long run would have had a better chance, though I do think he had it easy last year, with neither denman nor kauto at their best.

Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:10 pm
Selling plater

Just wish Kauto got round, regardless of everything else. He should definitely be retired now, I think he deserves it.
I remember all too well Beef Or Slamon lumbering around the track, a shadow of the horse he once was. Michael Hourigan was slated for not just retiring him once it became apparent that he was not competitive in his races and some feared the horse could die on course sooner or later.
A once in a lifetime horse like Kauto Star is entitled to dignity, however much connections want to go out with a win. If they bring him back for the King George in December and he breaks down, I don`t think that Clive Smith or PN can quite envisage the scale of the inevitable backlash.

Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:28 pm
Group 1 winner

Well I believe PN misjudged Kauto's recovery and it was ultimately because of his injury and not his age that he hurt himself in the race.

Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3