View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:20 am

Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 dabrism beat 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: dabrism beat
Ubar02 wrote:
Well now soumillon has dropped the ride and frankel is favourite to take it up. Said he and the horse didn't have any chemistry. Actually he's just a rubbish jockey.

awful jockey

Tue May 22, 2012 8:28 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

I think awful may be going a bit too far...

If he is awful then what words are left for Peslier? He's a whole new level of terrible. But even he looks like Lester Piggott when you look at american jockeys.

Tue May 22, 2012 8:37 pm
Handicapper

anubisrich wrote:
I think awful may be going a bit too far...

If he is awful then what words are left for Peslier? He's a whole new level of terrible. But even he looks like Lester Piggott when you look at american jockeys.

Can't agree Calvin Borel has given some of the best rides i've ever seen at Churchill Downs (Street Sense anyone!) Probably because the others were going 7 wide round the turn but not the point!

Tue May 22, 2012 10:04 pm
Selling plater

wow lads, just wow, dont take this the wrong way but to be fair some of ye are talking complete and utter rubbish here, the most ridiculous point of all is saying that soumillion is a terrible jockey, he is a world class jockey, the proof is there look at his retainers in france and dubai, do you really think that these people who have been involved with the industry for a lifetime and have an endless bank balence would have a sub standard jockey, no chance, when he goes to singapore or hong kong is the first man to get a ride in a group 1 race. next point barry geraghty is the single best jump jockey riding, he keeps it simple and if he is on the best horse on the day he wins, its not a coincidence that hendersons horses have improved drastically since he took over from mick fitzgerald. on the topic of jump racing CS ride in that hurdle race was inspired, the other jocks were asleep they get away with it most days of the week but it just goes to show the difference between ordinary and world class jockeys. my third and final point is about american jocks, ye are saying there crap, why? because they are not as strong and stylish as british and irish jockey in particular, its an unfair comparison. its a completely different style of racing over there, those jockey have a stopwatch in their head, they are unbelievable judges of pace, as are aussies, the good americans and aussies are on a par with everyone apart from johnny murtagh and frankie who have mastered both the art of strength in the saddle and brilliant judgement of a race. an honourable mention to richard hughes, pat smullen and kieran fallon too.

Well thats my rebuttal/rant over feel free to respond :)

Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:32 pm
Handicapper

The monkey off the PG Tips advert could have guided most of his winners home. Just my attempt at banter. Don't take it too seriously. Insomnia, its 00.42 here and I can see at least another 2 or 3 hours sat in front of my PC after 9 hours on the beer watching that rediculous result in the Oaks!!! Gonna stick a pin in from now on!

Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:16 am
Group 1 winner

Finalfurlong wrote:
The monkey off the PG Tips advert could have guided most of his winners home

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:40 pm
Reply to topic   [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3