View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 4:22 am

Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
 Camelot 2000 guineas chances 

Will he be a clear winner or down in the pack?
Winner 43%  43%  [ 10 ]
Placed 39%  39%  [ 9 ]
Well down in the postitions 17%  17%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 23

Camelot 2000 guineas chances 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Camelot 2000 guineas chances
Which fillies do u have in mind nashwan

Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:38 am
Group 1 winner

Have to agree there are a lot of good fillies around, lyric of light looks smart unfortunately now injured gamilati, lightening pearl etc.

Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:57 am
Group 1 winner

i would prefer Camelot went the derby trial route i am abit anxious about the guineas

if Aidan believes that camelot can win the guineas then i would expect him to be his only entry
if Camelot is there with 2 or 3 Ballydoyle team mates what message does that send out

would not surprise me though if he souped up in the giuneas even saying that i have not and prob will not back him for guineas

also publicly Aidan has said very little about the horse but he is mega mega exicited about Camelot and so are the staff at Ballydoyle

i think Power is a decent horse he beat dragon pulse so his form is solid

right now it does look a weak race

Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:43 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Most Improved is still lame so will be withdrawn today.

As far as I'm aware they will run just Camelot and Power.

Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:58 pm
Group 1 winner

Power should run a very big race

Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:30 pm
Group 2 winner

HurricaneRun wrote:
Which fillies do u have in mind nashwan

Ok for a start & i dont like to say this because i dont like Coolmore but they have one of the best fillies this year in Maybe then they have Wading then from the rest theres Mashoora french filly Lyric of light theres Firdaws & Discourse.
It will be interesting to see these Fillies at a 1m against the Colts i just think the 3yo Colts are very poor this year except for Camalot & Power

Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:14 pm
Group 1 winner

fair point. I am looking forward to seeing them race because until they do, we don't really know whether they are as good as is being touted. I think Trumpet Major looked quite good last week and even though he may not be anything special, he could easily improve on that and run some big races this year.So far though it seems as though O'Brien has some big races there for the taking if his horses live up to expectation. I remember the year he did the guineas double with virginia waters and footstepsinthesand (2005 i think), at big prices - odds would suggest he is going to follow that up this year. If he does, you can see Camelot and Maybe/Wading being strong candidates for the Epsom Classics as well, so is anyone here thinking he could be on for a sweep of the classics?? Has it even been done before?

Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:18 pm
Handicapper

I wont be backing Camelot at the price it is and i think its a wide open guineas. Nothing really stands out this year and i dont think its the best bunch of 3yo colts iv ever seen. Dont know how many Montjeu horses have won this sort of a race over a mile if any? My instinct is that something will beat it and il prob end up betting on Top Offer or Born to Sea. Surely Trumpet Major is not good enough. I know it won the craven well but it beat nothing. Will be there for the guineas and will decide on the day.

Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:23 pm
Handicapper

If it does happen to win the Guineas then i think we could have another special horse like Sea the Stars because to me its gonna be better over further being by Montjeu. I think out of the lot that this horse is the one who could be something a bit special. I think O Brien knows if it can win this then the skys the limit.

Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:45 pm
Group 1 winner

Frankel2012 wrote:
If it does happen to win the Guineas then i think we could have another special horse like Sea the Stars because to me its gonna be better over further being by Montjeu. I think out of the lot that this horse is the one who could be something a bit special. I think O Brien knows if it can win this then the skys the limit.

i agree no surprise there though :lol:

Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:27 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

No reason why camelots form should be any more acceptable than trumpet major, trumpet major has much more solid form as a two year old and has form to show he has trained on to three, the way he won the craven would suggest there is yet more to come. Also what's to say another derby winner won't apper on the scene as a three yer old, pour mou for example didnt do much at two, neither did workforce.

Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:34 pm
Handicapper

Ubar02 wrote:
No reason why camelots form should be any more acceptable than trumpet major, trumpet major has much more solid form as a two year old and has form to show he has trained on to three, the way he won the craven would suggest there is yet more to come. Also what's to say another derby winner won't apper on the scene as a three yer old, pour mou for example didnt do much at two, neither did workforce.

Just the way it travelled and went past them like they were standing still. Just think trumpet major is too exposed. Im just expecting something to be too good for it and will be surprised if it won. O Brien is obviously not worried about anything or he wouldnt go the guineas with it. He must think he has the best horse over a mile. I just think it was a weak dewhurst last year and they finished all too bunched up for my liking. Have to think there is something better. Just my opinion

Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:17 pm
Group 1 winner

Trumpet major has a solid 3 year old performance whereas we are judging Camelot by a 2 year old performance against some low class horses, I would rather take trumpet major as two yer old form can be irrelevant e.g lujain. Also you have to remember RPT is not the guineas two year old race it is the derby two year old race so I suspect he will not be quick enough.

Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:16 am
Group 1 winner

Coolmore have left 3 horses in the Qipco British 2000 Guineas, they are Camelot, Furner's Green, and Power.

Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:58 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

No guesses as to who is the pacemaker, obviously the horse I've never heard of before!

Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next