View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 9:54 pm

Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Camelot 2000 guineas chances 

Will he be a clear winner or down in the pack?
Winner 43%  43%  [ 10 ]
Placed 39%  39%  [ 9 ]
Well down in the postitions 17%  17%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 23

Camelot 2000 guineas chances 
Selling plater

Post Re: Camelot 2000 guineas chances
i think with the ground being the way it is power would be one of the better choices running on this type of ground before and winning. if i was to bet id have power each way at the moment. i think camelot needs good ground to be honest.

Fri May 04, 2012 3:07 pm
Group 1 winner

I am not saying he won't win but the price on offer is probably the most ridiculous price I have seen in horse racing!! There is no possible explanation for Camelot being that short - even money now out to 6 or 7/4 with so many question marks over him, yet Black Caviar is even money for Ascot with all of that mind blowing form and proven speed behind her. I know which one i would rather have my house on.

Fri May 04, 2012 6:16 pm
Group 1 winner

He is too short, especially with the ground being an unknown and imo the ground more likely to "throw" up a result. Its going to be a very interesting race. If it ever stops raining it might be Top Offer who is the best of these at 1m, especially on a quicker surface.

Fri May 04, 2012 7:22 pm
Group 1 winner

Id like Camelot to be something special but tomorrow I will have to go ew on French Fifteen and Trumpet Major.

I like the price on Power and think he could go very well but I just feel as though something will out battle him in the final furlong

Fri May 04, 2012 7:45 pm
Group 1 winner

Power 14s is too good to turn down

Fri May 04, 2012 7:48 pm
Profile WWW
Handicapper

keithbeaky wrote:
bosra sham wrote:
keithbeaky wrote:
Thanks for your contribution.

Incidentally how many Guineas winners have your trained?

About the same amount as you I would imagine? :lol:

Still think he is terrible value in a very competitive Guineas.

I think 1994 was the last time a Racing Post Trophy winner came close to winning a Guineas and he really was a monster!!

If you watch racing you might notice Aiden quoting times and "data", hence my referral to them earlier. It was a bit of a joke, which obviously went over your head. I do like your definite opinion (pointing out the obvious), and on other threads classic after-timing. It is invaluable for us all here. We can all learn so much from you.

Example of my after timing please?

Fri May 04, 2012 7:58 pm
Handicapper

I think I will be going with Power as well. Some of that horses form blows the rest of them out of the water and the ground should be ok.

Difficult to weigh up the French horses, I was thinking of siding with French Fifteen but at the end of Pre Djebel I think the other one (name has completely gone! Aktaal/Abtaal?) looks to be closing with less urgings from the jockey. Im not too keen on Peslier either so that goes down as a big no on FF!

Fri May 04, 2012 8:30 pm
Handicapper

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
Power 14s is too good to turn down

where is it 14s paul? i can only see 10s/11s

Fri May 04, 2012 9:58 pm
Group 3 winner

Im not worried about the ground, should bring his stamina into play and although I do think he wants good ground, I dont think it will bother him. Im not jumping on the "worst price of all time" bandwagon either, I think if he goes 2/1 tomorrow, and its looking like there is a good chance of that, it will be a fair price. The two french colts look decent, Abtaal in particular, but he wont be allowed to cruise along on the front end and kick off a crawl tomorrow and im not convinvced he is top group 1 yet, I think if he was, he would have seen off French Fifteen in the trial after a perfect trip even given the fact he wasnt asked for everything, and a line through Learn suggests they have a bit to find with us anyway. Born To Sea could be anything still but the Killavullan form has been shot to pieces and I cant have him tomorrow, I think he will turn out to be a decent horse this season though. Trumpet Major is a Group 3 horse, cant have him winning a Guineas in a million years and Power dosent have the gears, likable horse that he is. Top Offer, potentially very nice horse, seemed to me as though they were keen to get a run into him and with soft ground being the reason for that not happening, he looks up against it and is easy enough to oppose on only his second start tommorow. Forget the rest.

Looking forward to seeing two very special animals tomorrow in Camelot and Union Rags and I will be all in on both to silence the doubters.

Fri May 04, 2012 10:52 pm
Group 1 winner

come on camelot

Sat May 05, 2012 6:51 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Well it is a beautiful morning here in Newmarket and I have the perfect weekend- two top class days of racing followed by a bank holiday. :D My pick for today, looking at the ground is Trumpet Major, but feel if he gets the distance Caspar Netscher will come close. What a days racing today- frankel first thing, his brother later in the day, the guineas, masked marvel and Melbourne cup winner dunaden, great weather.

Sat May 05, 2012 7:38 am
Group 2 winner

Got to be with ABTAAL 9/1 in the 2000 has his ground only Camelot to beat forget the rest

Sat May 05, 2012 8:52 am
Group 1 winner

Can't see abtaal winning hasn't got the strongest form.

Sat May 05, 2012 9:40 am
Group 1 winner

write power off at your peril nashwan he has solid form

Sat May 05, 2012 9:53 am
Profile WWW
Group 2 winner

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
write power off at your peril nashwan he has solid form

Yes he has good form on the ground but if Jim Goldie trained Power no one would even mention him.
All i want to see is a good race no trainers moaning after saying the ground never suited there horses or something else like that.

Sat May 05, 2012 10:19 am
Reply to topic   [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next