View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:23 am

Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Camelot 2000 guineas chances 

Will he be a clear winner or down in the pack?
Winner 43%  43%  [ 10 ]
Placed 39%  39%  [ 9 ]
Well down in the postitions 17%  17%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 23

Camelot 2000 guineas chances 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Camelot 2000 guineas chances
pjrhodes1970 wrote:
he is a 12f horse he is a freak to do what he has done dont think about the win just look how far back he came from he was brilliant

He came from far back and did enough. It was a very good win, but not brilliant, but he showed that he has the potential to be brilliant over further (Frankel's win last year was brilliant; Camelot's win today was nowhere near that). I'm still unconvinced by Joseph O'Brien in the big races though. He's not the best jockey in the world, but if he's on top of the best horses he will usually win; however, I will not be surprised at all if he costs them a few big wins this year as well.

Sat May 05, 2012 4:05 pm
Group 1 winner

keithbeaky wrote:
I take it you don't rate Camelot?

I do rate him very highly. If you read my posts I think he has the potential to be brilliant over 1m2f/1m4f, and he will no doubt be the champion 3yo in Europe this year, but I won't be 100% convinced that he's a superstar until he romps home in the Derby, as I would really have expected him to win by a few lengths today.

Last edited by panther on Sat May 05, 2012 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat May 05, 2012 4:08 pm
Group 1 winner

Camelot did well to come from that far back and on the going, but certainly no Frankel.

Sat May 05, 2012 4:09 pm
Group 1 winner

I forget how many Derby horses win the Guoneas by 5, there's been too many.

Sat May 05, 2012 4:16 pm
Group 1 winner

Still wasn't worth backing at 2/1. I would have been logging it had I been on.

Sat May 05, 2012 4:22 pm
Group 1 winner

keithbeaky wrote:

You're missing my point completely, but never mind. The only thing I commented about on your post was that they said he was a freak, and I commented that they also said that about So You Think, until they were proved wrong. I actually think there is a very good chance that Camelot will become a freak (he certainly looks like he will be a lot better than SYT), but I won't be 100% convinced of that until I've seen him in the Derby, as I actually wasn't as convinced as I expected to be today.

Also, your post doesn't really makes sense. If he was a freak, he would be doing things that very few had done before; not what many had done before.

Sat May 05, 2012 4:23 pm
Group 3 winner

anubisrich wrote:
Still wasn't worth backing at 2/1. I would have been logging it had I been on.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

2/1 about the Champ against a weak Guineas field, cmon now

Sat May 05, 2012 4:25 pm
Group 1 winner

Think he will be more of a 1m2 horse, but my two horse to watch out Tomas potential challengers are noble mission, who has improved with every run, and Michelangelo, close second in a listed stakes on debut run to a horse I think could prove to be very good. Camelot is a beautiful specimen of a horse, opposite end of the spectrum to frankel, love the way he holds himself and as soon as he got out it was clear he would win, but I think I saw the real champ there today, the legendary Frankel.

Sat May 05, 2012 6:12 pm
Group 1 winner

Very disappointed however with top offer and power, 2nd and 3rd last, but thought trumpet major put in a good performance.

Sat May 05, 2012 6:15 pm
Group 1 winner

Just wondering, I'd anyone on here has an inside line with coolmore, would you be able
To find out whether they would consider the leger with him if he wins the derby?

Sat May 05, 2012 8:26 pm
Handicapper

Result Roll On Maybe the Mara Now for the Double

Best horse in the race Won how he picked up was great

Roll on the Derby

Whos Gonna Stop Him

Sat May 05, 2012 8:33 pm
Group 1 winner

Ubar02 wrote:
... whether they would consider the leger with him if he wins the derby?

I obviously can't speak for Coolmore, but I'd be shocked if they went for the St Leger just three weeks before the Arc.

Sat May 05, 2012 8:45 pm
Group 1 winner

panther wrote:
Ubar02 wrote:

I obviously can't speak for Coolmore, but I'd be shocked if they went for the St Leger just three weeks before the Arc.
From what I saw today he looked like he would be best over 1m2 do I don't think the arc will be the main target, but rather the champion stakes( which should be returned to Newmarket) against Frankel. And also the ground 'concerns' were a load of rubbish, even before the race I could see he had an action that would be suited by softer going.

Sat May 05, 2012 9:48 pm
Group 1 winner

Ubar02 wrote:
panther wrote:
Ubar02 wrote:

From what I saw today he looked like he would be best over 1m2 do I don't think the arc will be the main target, but rather the champion stakes( which should be returned to Newmarket) against Frankel.

I guess they will wait to see how he goes over 1m4f in the Derby, but if there are no concerns about that trip I would have thought the Arc would definitely be preferred to the Champion Stakes, especially if Frankel is going for that race and they are both still unbeaten at that stage.

Sat May 05, 2012 9:56 pm
Group 1 winner

panther wrote:
keithbeaky wrote:

You're missing my point completely, but never mind. The only thing I commented about on your post was that they said he was a freak, and I commented that they also said that about So You Think, until they were proved wrong. I actually think there is a very good chance that Camelot will become a freak (he certainly looks like he will be a lot better than SYT), but I won't be 100% convinced of that until I've seen him in the Derby, as I actually wasn't as convinced as I expected to be today.

Also, your post doesn't really makes sense. If he was a freak, he would be doing things that very few had done before; not what many had done before.

You mean all the RP winners who went on to win the Guineas?

Sun May 06, 2012 1:01 pm
Reply to topic   [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next