View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:07 am

Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Camelot only 123 
Handicapper

Post Re: Camelot only 123
Word is the Golden Rose Gr1 over 7f and the Caulfield Guineas Gr1 over 8f. Also a small word being thrown around that he might be having a crack at the Cox Plate. Being a Waterhouse colt I don't think his undefeated streak will matter that much to her (he won't damage his stud career by losing) so a lot is possible. I for one would love it if she sent him to the Cox Plate.

Last edited by TysonM on Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:43 pm
Group 1 winner

will keep an eye out for him cheers

Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:44 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Not a proper triple crown- only 2yo. Still looks a nice horse though I believe all the races were 6f? Britain no longer has a 2yo 'triple crown' after they moved the dewhurst and middle park onto the same day, though no horse has attempted it anyway. What's the australian 3yo triple crown? Personally I was gutted to hear about I'll have another, if he'd won history could have been made- first time horses on both sides of the Atlantic had won triple crowns in the same year.

Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:45 pm
Handicapper

Ubar02 wrote:
Not a proper triple crown- only 2yo. Still looks a nice horse though I believe all the races were 6f? Britain no longer has a 2yo 'triple crown' after they moved the dewhurst and middle park onto the same day, though no horse has attempted it anyway. What's the australian 3yo triple crown? Personally I was gutted to hear about I'll have another, if he'd won history could have been made- first time horses on both sides of the Atlantic had won triple crowns in the same year.

Yeah I think they call it the Juvenile Triple Crown (also known as 'The 2yo Grand Slam'). The 2yo Triple Crown he won here consists of: The Golden Slipper 6f (1200m), The ATC Sires Produce 7f (1400m) and The Champagne Stakes 8f (1600m).

The 3yo Triple Crown down here is: The Randwick Guineas 8f (1600m), The Rosehill Guineas 10f (2000m) and The AJC Australian Derby 12f (2400m).

Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:11 pm
Group 1 winner

Oh so they were different distances. They're the same distances as the three 2yo g1s for colts over here, but for some reason I don't think any horse ever went for all of them-maybe the gap between races was too short.

Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:27 am
Handicapper

Ubar02 wrote:
Oh so they were different distances. They're the same distances as the three 2yo g1s for colts over here, but for some reason I don't think any horse ever went for all of them-maybe the gap between races was too short.

The Slipper and the Sires are 1 week apart and the Champagne is 2 weeks later. That's a real good effort, but I'm thinking with our flat track's it's easier for the horse to back up quickly.

I'd say it's probably harder on the horse over there with the undulating courses if the gaps are as small as they are over here.

Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:55 am
Group 1 winner

TysonM wrote:
Ubar02 wrote:

The Slipper and the Sires are 1 week apart and the Champagne is 2 weeks later. That's a real good effort, but I'm thinking with our flat track's it's easier for the horse to back up quickly.

I'd say it's probably harder on the horse over there with the undulating courses if the gaps are as small as they are over here.

In 2010, the last time it was in a format that allowed horses to run in all 3, the middle park(6f at Newmarket) was first, 15 days later was the dewhurst(7f at Newmarket) and last was the Racing Post trophy(8f at Doncaster) just 7days later. You occasionally got horses trying the dewhurst middle park double(e.g dream ahead in 2010) but I don't think horses ever tried for the dewhurst and racing post or middle park racing post. I think 2yos are probably more important in Australia as well as having much larger prize money than over here for 2yo races, and over here trainers try to save them for 3 and upwards, where the bigger money is.

Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:25 pm
Handicapper

Ubar02 wrote:
In 2010, the last time it was in a format that allowed horses to run in all 3, the middle park(6f at Newmarket) was first, 15 days later was the dewhurst(7f at Newmarket) and last was the Racing Post trophy(8f at Doncaster) just 7days later. You occasionally got horses trying the dewhurst middle park double(e.g dream ahead in 2010) but I don't think horses ever tried for the dewhurst and racing post or middle park racing post. I think 2yos are probably more important in Australia as well as having much larger prize money than over here for 2yo races, and over here trainers try to save them for 3 and upwards, where the bigger money is.

There is definitely a big emphasis on having a good 2yo career down here. Pierro has only had 6 starts for 6 wins but already has A$2.95 million in prize money. Big thanks of course goes to the Golden Slipper for which the winner gets just over A$2 million.

Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:37 am
Group 1 winner

Yes over here in britain the most prestigious 2yo race, the dewhurst has a total purse of £300,000 and the richest 2yo rce in britain(and I believe in Europe) is the tattersalls millions 2yo trophy run at Newmarket, for horses sold at the October yearling sales at tattersalls, with prize money of £500,000. Compare this to the golden slipper with a total purse of just under £2.3 million and the difference is clear. However, as the tattersalls millions is a series of races that also goes on into a horses 3yo career as well, having a good horse bought from the sales can be very desirable, and some trainers like Richard Hannon aim to clean up in the races.

Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:54 am
Reply to topic   [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8