View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:18 am

Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Oaks & Derby! 
Handicapper

Post Oaks & Derby!
What do people think will win the two classics?

Tue May 29, 2012 8:16 pm
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Oaks & Derby!
Main Sequence for the Derby for me, unsure about the Oaks, but I'd plump for Vow if pushed.

Tue May 29, 2012 8:22 pm
Group 1 winner

camelot & kissed

Tue May 29, 2012 8:45 pm
Profile WWW
Handicapper

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
camelot & kissed

Who trains those two?........................Ah, oh yeah. lol :wink:

Tue May 29, 2012 8:51 pm
Group 1 winner

bosra sham wrote:
pjrhodes1970 wrote:
camelot & kissed

Who trains those two?........................Ah, oh yeah. lol :wink:

the same person that trained both guineas winners :D

Tue May 29, 2012 8:58 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Derby looks like a good race. I'm still in the camp that Camelot ain't that special but hope to be proved wrong. Bonfire looks talented and Main Sequence looks to have a lot in the tank. I personally think that Main Sequence has the stamina at this age to win.

Oaks looks alright, The Fugue dominated Twirl but the latter looks terrible. I don't like Vow's lack of experience, that's dangerous around Epsom. I think that Kissed may be utilised in an advanced role and could pull off a Dancing Rain off a slow pace otherwise Maybe looks like she'll appreciate the extra half mile and her experience will tell.

Tue May 29, 2012 8:58 pm
Group 1 winner

I'm taking on both Camelot and Maybe, both are absolutely ridiculous prices.

Tue May 29, 2012 11:56 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Derby- 1st Camelot, 2nd bonfire/main sequence disappointed to hear noble mission isn't running, thought he looked pretty good.
Oaks-1st Vow, 2nd The Fugue, really liked the way vow quickened and ran on at lingfield when pointed in te right direction, should be better now she has a few runs under her belt.

Wed May 30, 2012 7:23 am
Group 1 winner

Camelot (Joseph) & Astrology (Ryan Moore) may be the only two Ballydoyle horses for the derby
Imperial monarch could go to france on sunday (prix Du Jockey Club)

Wed May 30, 2012 9:07 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Vow still could show some greeness but they think she will handle the track as she is such a well balanced filly.

Wed May 30, 2012 10:24 am
Group 1 winner

Kissed will only run if there is an ease in the ground. the other 5 should go

Wed May 30, 2012 10:56 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

I've liked the look of Main Sequence each time he has ran and there was a lot to like about his performance in the trial at Lingfield. I backed him at 14s ew and am happy with the bet, although I obviously fear that Camelot will run away with it. I just hope to see Main Sequence travelling strongly round Tattenham corner because he should finish as strongly as any of them.

For the Oaks I would worry about Vow not being quite ready for it, I was put off by her run for home at Lingfield and I think she may lose the race for herself.

Kissed looked impressive in her run but doubt she will get the ground she wants and what did she really beat in that race.

Maybe's guineas run is quite hard to assess as the winner flopped badly and it was an obvious fluke to me - also the runner up ran a shocker next time out, yet the 4th went and smashed the Musidora - so I think Maybe is going to run a big race, she looked a top filly as a juvenile and is sure to relish the step up in trip but I, like The Duke, think that her price is outrageous!

I backed Coquet at Goodwood and may have a little ew on her in the hope she improves further for the step up to 12f.

Wed May 30, 2012 12:37 pm
Group 1 winner

I'd disregard the 1000 Guineas, For me I think Camelot will win the Derby but I will be e/w on Mickdaam, For the Oaks I'm already on Vow pretty big A/P and I'll have a little bit e/w on Betterbetterbetter.

Wed May 30, 2012 2:50 pm
Handicapper

Im on Vow and The Fugue in the oaks both ante post at big prices. Vow was very green on debut but still won cosily and green in the oaks trial and still won cosily. If she is fully tuned up and ready to go she will win. The Fugue was an eyecatcher in the Guineas as she'd only ever had 1 run and always looked like she was going to be a Oaks horse rather than a guineas. Hacked up in the Musidora beating a decent field.
As for the Derby im on Bonfire big ante post. The runs in England didnt look anything special but the way he ran in France suggested he was above average. Then that form was franked by French Fifteen in the 2000 so i think he holds very strong form and is over priced still now. Not that worried about Camelot as i think he is just a good horse and not a special one. Main Sequence is the one that does worry me.

Wed May 30, 2012 7:42 pm
Handicapper

The Derby market is a bit of a joke as far as I'm concerned, theres no doubting Camelot's ability but the odds are not a true reflection on what we've seen so far. Non of the horses have encountered Epsom before in an actual race and the odds on favourite has never run further than a mile. Only 2 horses have run over 12f and won, and Mickdaam won on boggy ground on a tight turning course, but only just. The second, Model pupil looks to have a lot more going for him in the future. Main sequence has to be the pick for me, proven over the trip, with a good turn of foot and unbeaten in 4 starts. Its just an unknown, as usual, as to what will handle the track. The only thing I will say is there's not likely to be many hard luck stories regardless of which horse prevails with only 9 runners in the field!

Thu May 31, 2012 10:21 pm
Reply to topic   [ 138 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next