View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:01 am

Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Oaks & Derby! 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Oaks & Derby!
Frankel been protected?? Does Usain Bolt protect himself by not running over 400/800m??? You talk about one of the best horses to have ever lived like it's useless, why not protect that legacy, just because he hasn't won different races over different distances doesn't make Camelot any worse or any better than him. Ballydoyle have thrown the kitchen sink at Frankel and not got close, and they never will! Maybe the performances of Sea The Stars and Frankel have lessened the admiration for a great horse as we have been so lucky to be blessed with 3 all time greats in 3 seasons. Camelot is a great horse at the moment, but he's going to have to do it in the King George, St Leger or Arc to really cement his place in history as an all time great so we'll see.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:57 am
Group 1 winner

quelesprit wrote:
i have to say i thought camelot was a special horse the day i saw him break his maiden, showed an effortless turn of foot that day but im afraid i cannot take this horse seriously as a potential all time great when his connections are running away from frankel, i would love to see a triple crown winner but in my opinion if there was no frankel there would be no st leger, call me cynical but........

This is a stupid comment as Paul has already said, they will most likely end up racing frankel anyway. However I have to disagree with what he also said that they are protecting frankel, last year they were letting him prove himself as the greatest miler and also preserving him for this year. Remember they took on the horse who was at the time the best miler in the world, and they have said they would be happy to race BC. If Camelot were only to race in 3 year old races this year ( Irish derby and st leger) would you call that protected? I doubt it. However I do hope he faces older horses and stays in training as a 4 year old. Rant over.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:22 am
Group 1 winner

Nick Frankel is a sensational horse i am not criticizing the horse how could anyone do that he is totally awsome
he is almost a miricle horse i would not hear a word against him.

i am critical about his connections who knows frankel could have destroyed them in the derby last year his sire was one of epsom's greatest
winners (Galileo) but we will never no

at the moment Frankel is unproven over further and in the Juddmonte he will have to step up 2 & half furlongs in trip he is unproven at these distances
i expect him to dominate at further but he is unproven there is no doubt that his connections have been protective of Frankel certainly when it comes to trip
he should have at least gone to the breeders cup last year and performed at a global event he would have hammered them in the mile

Ballydoyle have thrown everything at him over a mile well zoffany & excellerbration Roderick O'connor is basicly all they have thrown at him so far
excelerbration is not in frankel's lge even though he is a quality horse

Usain Bolt plans to try the 400 metres in the next OLympics after london (michael johnson told him he would be even beter over 400m)
and he also dominates at 2 distances 100 & 200

Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:28 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Ubar02 wrote:
quelesprit wrote:
i have to say i thought camelot was a special horse the day i saw him break his maiden, showed an effortless turn of foot that day but im afraid i cannot take this horse seriously as a potential all time great when his connections are running away from frankel, i would love to see a triple crown winner but in my opinion if there was no frankel there would be no st leger, call me cynical but........

This is a stupid comment as Paul has already said, they will most likely end up racing frankel anyway. However I have to disagree with what he also said that they are protecting frankel, last year they were letting him prove himself as the greatest miler and also preserving him for this year. Remember they took on the horse who was at the time the best miler in the world, and they have said they would be happy to race BC. If Camelot were only to race in 3 year old races this year ( Irish derby and st leger) would you call that protected? I doubt it. However I do hope he faces older horses and stays in training as a 4 year old. Rant over.

he wont be kept in training he is already on next years Coolmore Ireland roster for 2013 he will replace his dad Montjeu

Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:30 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

I thought they wanted to make history?? All they can see is the breeding fees lighting up their eyes! The Bolt comment wasn't to be taken literally, it was just an example. I hope they go to the Leger and win because I think stepping down to 1m2f will be a big mistake, and with SYT still about I don't see them doing that. I'd go for the Arc if I was them, 3yo contingent doesn't look too great and the older horses that will be in opposition aren't up to the likes of Zarkava, STS and Workforce, but then they have St Nic Abbey, but I don't believe SNA is good enough for an Arc so why not take Camelot if as you say the speed figures were better and they rate him higher. I personally can't wait to see Nathaniel back racing!

Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:06 am
Group 1 winner

nick_driver wrote:
I thought they wanted to make history?? All they can see is the breeding fees lighting up their eyes! The Bolt comment wasn't to be taken literally, it was just an example. I hope they go to the Leger and win because I think stepping down to 1m2f will be a big mistake, and with SYT still about I don't see them doing that. I'd go for the Arc if I was them, 3yo contingent doesn't look too great and the older horses that will be in opposition aren't up to the likes of Zarkava, STS and Workforce, but then they have St Nic Abbey, but I don't believe SNA is good enough for an Arc so why not take Camelot if as you say the speed figures were better and they rate him higher. I personally can't wait to see Nathaniel back racing!

would winning the first triple crown in 42 years not be making history it would be a 'monumental achievement'
Montjeu has left a massive hole on the breeding side he has produced 4 derby winners including the last 2
so you cant blame them for sending him to stud to replace his dad racing is a money game i dont particually like it
but that has been the fact since day one Coolmore are a Breeding operation and that comes first and pays the bills & without Coolmoore
there would have been no frankel lets not forget that
as i say i would love horses to stick around alot longer but it always seems that its horses who have failed that are kept in training
st nic for an example after his Guineas failure & yeats is a great example if he was not injured and won the derby i would not have seen
my favorite all time horse winning at ascot 4 times in a row moments i will never forget.

i have to respect Frankels connections for keeping him in training they deserve great credit for doing that and makes 2012 so special

lets agree on this we are blessed right now in the last 3 to 4 years we have been spoiled rotten
this season could be the greatest
Black Cavair Frankel Camelot just does not get any better than that

Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:22 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
would winning the first triple crown in 42 years not be making history it would be a 'monumental achievement'

As others have said, the St Leger is pretty much a weak G2 these days, as it's usually contested by future stayers who are not up to being top class at 1m4f. I agree that it would be nice for them to put "triple crown winner" next to his name, but winning a Guineas/Derby/Arc is far more impressive these days... to do the Guineas/Derby double against your own age group, then to go on and prove you're the best middle distance horse in Europe against the older horses is a lot more impressive than winning a stayers' race against a very weak crop of 3yos.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:34 am
Group 1 winner

panther wrote:
pjrhodes1970 wrote:

As others have said, the St Leger is pretty much a weak G2 these days, as it's usually contested by future stayers who are not up to being top class at 1m4f. I agree that it would be nice for them to put "triple crown winner" next to his name, but winning a Guineas/Derby/Arc is far more impressive these days... to do the Guineas/Derby double against your own age group, then to go on and prove you're the best middle distance horse in Europe against the older horses is a lot more impressive than winning a stayers' race against a very weak crop of 3yos.

Sixties icon was a decent horse conduit won 2 BC turfs and look at sea moon, 2nd in the BC turf with improvement to come so I hardly think you can call it a weak stayers race. Also, in reference to another point made on here, nathaniel in my opinion is going to be a let down this year, he was very lucky to win the king George as the best horse in the race fell and hampered st nic, and workforce was not at his best and hung left at the end. Also he was receiving a massive amount of weight and I don't think he will be good enough to carry the extra weight this year, especially after his champion stakes run where he was getting a lot less weight.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:52 am
Group 1 winner

Who are the more highly regarded horses Sixties/Conduit/Sea Moon or Sea The Stars/Zarkava/Workforce?? That's the point we're trying to make! It's not weak but it's certainly got nothing on the quality of the Arc in the current climate.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:14 am
Group 1 winner

nick_driver wrote:
Who are the more highly regarded horses Sixties/Conduit/Sea Moon or Sea The Stars/Zarkava/Workforce?? That's the point we're trying to make! It's not weak but it's certainly got nothing on the quality of the Arc in the current climate.

IMO The Arc is the best race in the world and takes some winning but Camelot can aim for both

Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:43 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
nick_driver wrote:

IMO The Arc is the best race in the world and takes some winning but Camelot can aim for both

Thing is it is three weeks so he can do the double. Only concern would be Nijinsky. However he could instead aim for champion stakes over 1m2, about 5 weeks for that. However he could have a relatively easy race in the leger so who knows?

Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:24 am
Group 1 winner

The Arc is the championship race now. The market speaks volumes and the St Leger/Triple Crown is a bit of a gilded lily. As an achievement the Triple Crown is just beating your generation, which this year appears to be quite an easy task. To be honest I thought the same of Sea The Stars after he won in the Derby, I thought the 3yo crop were poor (and they were) but he came out and he destroyed the Arc field with a devastating turn of foot. I thought a lot of Zarkava before her Arc but having stuck to her age/sex group she came out and blew away a quality Arc field.

How many have even attempted the Triple Crown since Nijinsky?

You can’t criticise Frankel for not going to the Derby unless you criticise Black Caviar for not going to the Arc either. I don’t even think Frankel should be stepped up to 10f. He’s the best miler of all time.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:48 pm
Group 1 winner

Agree with Rich about Frankel but i hate how everyone calls others scared for 'avoiding frankel'

Why doesnt he step down or up in trip to face the other superstar?? Why should they be at the disadvantage!?

Instead of criticising or thinking hypothetically why cant we accept these horses for what they are:

Black Caviar the sprint sensation
Frankel the greatest miler of all time
Camelot - outstanding 3yo for whom the sky appears to be the limit
Sea The Stars - THE greatest of all time

Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:00 pm
Group 1 winner

HurricaneRun wrote:
Agree with Rich about Frankel but i hate how everyone calls others scared for 'avoiding frankel'

Why doesnt he step down or up in trip to face the other superstar?? Why should they be at the disadvantage!?

Instead of criticising or thinking hypothetically why cant we accept these horses for what they are:

Black Caviar the sprint sensation
Frankel the greatest miler of all time
Camelot - outstanding 3yo for whom the sky appears to be the limit
Sea The Stars - THE greatest of all time

i agree with you hurricane

Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:42 pm
Profile WWW
Group 3 winner

Nick thats twice now you have put Workforce in the same sentence as Zarkava and Sea The Stars. Dont let it happen again :wink:

Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next