View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:47 am

Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Frankel 147 
Group 1 winner

Post Frankel 147
highest rated horse of all time by timeform

Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:55 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Frankel 147
5th performance over 140 is the unbelievable stat.

Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:03 pm
Group 1 winner

Insane! Didn't even have to pull the whip! Next stop 150!

Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:20 pm
Group 1 winner

no stopping him and if he excels at further timeform like that he will go through 150

Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:52 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Hoping in the Sussex he really opens the taps. Shame it's not a straight course. I think on the basis of that he would beat BC over any distance they were going a good pace and he was cantering when they were flat to the boards, and he still didn't open him up fully, and on softish ground 11 lengths clear he was 0.69 seconds outside the course record. To put it into perspective, he's rated over 10lb higher than her. Also, check out the official frankel website, has videos of all his races including the legendary maiden with nathaniel that also contained one of the runners in the ascot gold cup colour vision, that you can't see anywhere else. To watch te maiden you have to go onto race record and click on the maiden.

Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:01 pm
Group 1 winner

That win was incredible deserves the high rating.

Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:43 pm
Group 3 winner

Running in the Sussex is pointless, he should be running in the Eclipse, fair play going for the Queen Anne but its time to step up now.

Seems Cecil is pretty much set on the Sussex, Juddmonte and Champion. For me, I would rather have an Eclipse, an extra 1m2 Group 1 than another Sussex. And I really want him to go for the BC Classic but Cecil is disgusted with the idea. :lol:

Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:17 pm
Group 1 winner

DocHay wrote:
Running in the Sussex is pointless, he should be running in the Eclipse, fair play going for the Queen Anne but its time to step up now.

Seems Cecil is pretty much set on the Sussex, Juddmonte and Champion. For me, I would rather have an Eclipse, an extra 1m2 Group 1 than another Sussex. And I really want him to go for the BC Classic but Cecil is disgusted with the idea. :lol:

I agree with you, would prefer to see him go for eclipse, who's he got left to beat and what has he got to prove over a mile, that way he'd get 3 1m2 races. However, I don't think he should go for BC, imagine of the trip over was awful and he got beaten on the dirt would be a horrible end to a great career.

Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:30 pm
Group 1 winner

Who's going to compete with him at 10f? It's already going to be a match race vs Bullet Train in the Juddmonte, I'd be shocked if anything rated over 100 even bothered to turn up. So You Think is going to stud and Ballydoyle wouldn't take the risk on him getting beaten by 15 lengths anyway. So that leaves Carlton House? Already there are morons suggesting he has beat nothing in his career so far. There is more competition at a mile than there is at 10f. Literally, who is there? Cirrus Des Aigles? He'd be off the bridle before halfway.

He should drop to 6f if they want to challenge him.

And there is absolutely no way they should send him to compete on dirt. This is a British thoroughbred, not some mangy mud lover. The Prince doesn't need the money.

Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:16 pm
Group 3 winner

You might be right rich, in dreamworld, you would have Frankel, So You Think, Cirrus Des Aigles, Camelot and maybe even the french filly Golden Lilac in the Eclipse, throw in Nathanial and Carlton House and you would have a serious race.

If he was mine he would be ruinning against Black Caviar on Saturday, but he would aslo have ran in the Derby last year and he would also be going for the Arc and the BC Classic, and not for the money! Its good to beat the Americans on their own dirt and let them know how bad their horses are.

One things for sure, if he was my horse you would know exactly how good he was and if he was limited by distance in any way :lol: As it stands, we know he is one of the best milers ever, im in no position to say any horse is the best ever, hes the best ive seen at a mile, but I still have Zarkava and Sea The Stars as my out and out best horses because they done it from 1m to 1m4, that counts for alot to me. The minute Frankel does it at 1m2 the way we all expect him to then he will go to number 1 in my book, and surely that is all Cecil is worried about. 8)

Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:40 am
Group 3 winner

hey man im american..not all our horses our bad :D

Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:48 am
Group 1 winner

If he was mine he'd be in the breeding barn making me millions.

But if I was forced to race him I'd go with the Sussex Stakes because a day out at Goodwood is fantastic and they treat owners really well, then the Juddmonte for a hack around and comfortable win then finish with a demolition of the Arc.

I've seen what they do to dirt tracks in American G1 races to get better times and I certainly wouldn't risk such a great stallion prospect on a greyhound course.

Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:56 am
Selling plater

Ubar02 wrote:
Hoping in the Sussex he really opens the taps. Shame it's not a straight course. I think on the basis of that he would beat BC over any distance they were going a good pace and he was cantering when they were flat to the boards, and he still didn't open him up fully, and on softish ground 11 lengths clear he was 0.69 seconds outside the course record. To put it into perspective, he's rated over 10lb higher than her. Also, check out the official frankel website, has videos of all his races including the legendary maiden with nathaniel that also contained one of the runners in the ascot gold cup colour vision, that you can't see anywhere else. To watch te maiden you have to go onto race record and click on the maiden.

Outside the course record? So other horses have gone faster? It's a shame the owners won't show him off to the world and travel.

Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:49 am
Group 1 winner

Believe it or not, in the uk times are not the basis of a horses performance. However to have been just outside the course record, with a bit in hand, 11 lengths clear on softish going is an incredible perform acne. I will be incredibly surprised if the ground remains soft if black caviar breaks the course record. And whilst he could go abroad, he has no need to. We have the best racing in the world, that's why horses come here to race. And he has enough international form lines anyway. Beat canford cliffs, who beat goldikova, who beat the best of Americas milers for nearly four years running. Beat excelebration who has won a group 1 in Europe. Beat immortal verse, best miler in France who had also beaten goldikova. And as a matter of fact he has now beaten the ascot gold cup winner as well.

Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:06 am
Handicapper

While I've never really agreed with Timeform ratings it's hard not to say that Frankel shouldn't be rated as high as he is. I think I've watched the replay of that race about 15 times and get goosebumps every time he starts to pull a gap on the field.

Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:46 am
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next