View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:19 pm

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Dawn Approach bought by Godolphin 
Group 1 winner

Post Dawn Approach bought by Godolphin
Godolphin has bought a majority share in Royal Ascot winner Dawn Approach who is unbeaten in four starts.

The two-year-old New Approach colt, ready winner of the Group Two Coventry Stakes from 21 rivals on June 19, will remain in training with Jim Bolger in Ireland this year.

He will be aimed at the top end-of-the-season races, such as the Group One Goffs Vincent O’Brien Stakes (formerly the National Stakes) at the Curragh on September 15 and the Group One Dubai Dewhurst Stakes at Newmarket on October 13, both run over seven furlongs.

Dawn Approach will race in Godolphin’s colours and a decision about his three-year-old career will not be made until much later in 2012.

His debut came at the Curragh on March 25 in a five-furlong maiden, which he won in good style, and then he was an easy victor of a Naas conditions race over an extra furlong on May 16.

Dawn Approach stepped up in class in the Listed Alfred Nobel Rochestown Stakes on June 4, also at Naas and over six furlongs, and won decisively by two and three quarter lengths.

He progressed again in the Coventry Stakes, running on well to score by three quarters of a length and more from a strong field.

New Approach, winner of the Investec Derby in 2008, has his first crop of two-year-olds this year and they have already made a tremendous impact.

Besides Dawn Approach, the stallion is responsible for two more Royal Ascot winners, Newfangled who was impressive in the Group Three Albany Stakes and Godolphin’s Tha’ir who drew clear of his rivals in the Listed Chesham Stakes.

New Approach, who was trained by Jim Bolger, stands at His Highness Sheikh Mohammed’s Dalham Hall Stud in Newmarket.

Simon Crisford, the Godolphin racing manager, commented: "We are delighted Dawn Approach will race for Godolphin and look forward to seeing him run at the highest level throughout his career.

"It is fantastic how well New Approach has started his stallion career and Dawn Approach appears to have inherited many of his qualities".

Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:46 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Dawn Approach bought by Godolphin
They are going to go all out to get the good 2yo's after the poor horses they've been wasting their money on over the last few years!!

Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:47 pm
Group 1 winner

Godolphin buy good horses, their trainers just seem to ruin many of them. I don’t know anything about the Godolphin training regime but the only horses that seem to do well out of it are the hardy types which suggests to me they just send them out and gallop them hard with none of the attention to detail that other trainers give.

Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:08 pm
Handicapper

I dont like Godolphin. All they do is buy everyone elses horses,cant they produce any of their own or buy the right ones at tattersalls? My least favourite owners

Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:39 pm
Handicapper

I hope something comes out from a top owner that is better. Then they wont be able to get their hands on their horses

Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:45 pm
Handicapper

And may i say for as long as they have been in the game aside from Dubai Millenium they havnt threatened to have a horse to equal any of the all time greats. Juddmonte and Ballydoyle produce way better and even Aga Khan.

Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:48 pm
Group 1 winner

That's a shame, hope he goes to bin suroor, at least he won't be guaranteed to get injured then.

Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:24 pm
Group 1 winner

i dont think he could have gone to a worse owner

dont get me wrong the sheik ploughs alot of money into racing all over the world including UK & Ireland
in fact without him british racing would be in a fine mess i think he also saved the morning line if i remember correctly

but there record of buying horses is nothing short of awfull i hope jim keeps him there training wise he will have a good chance of being top class
well he already is a top class 2yo
if bin suroor or the other one get hold of him oh well i think that could be curtains for him as a classic 3yo maybe being a little harsh there :P

at least when his missus bought New Approach she had good sense to keep him away from SBSuroor

Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:04 pm
Profile WWW
Handicapper

Princess Hayas horses are his are they not? Its just they race in her colours and John Gosden has them all. Id be pissed off if he came along every season and took his best horses from my stable. Wasnt that why Henry Cecil fell out with him?

Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:30 pm
Handicapper

Godolphin havnt had good horses for years and are really struggling. In saying that Sheikh Hamdan hasnt as well and he used to have good ones every season.

Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:40 pm
Selling plater

Godolphin need to go back to using proper established trainers, the arab trainers are not experienced enough yet, maybe 20/30 years down the road they could compete but not now. Leaving him with Jim and there horses with Fabre are a big step in the right direction

Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:18 pm
Group 1 winner

Just to be clear, are you talking about 4 times champion trainer and 100+ G1 winning trainer Saeed Bin Suroor?

Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:34 pm
Group 1 winner

bin suroor has won over 167 g1s you cant call him unexperienced
and has been training since 1994

Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:46 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

This means godolphin now own all the royal ascot winning new approach horses.

Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:51 am
Selling plater

sorry i was referring to arab trainers in general, not just bin suroor i accept that hes not inexperienced but i do think he is a terrible trainer, i have no doubt that 9/10 lads drinking down at the local could train the winners he has given the resources he has had at his disposal

Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next