View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 11:09 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203 ... 210  Next
 DAILY DISCUSSION 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: DAILY DISCUSSION
ghostzapper74 wrote:
pjrhodes1970 wrote:
Treve is done she should have had a stone in hand over these

I bet Dettori had a :D on his face, see it's not my fault.

I hope they retire her now, but they might come out and blame the ground.

I'm still hoping Leading Light puts up a performance today and gets to go.

& Keep him away from Mosse

Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:18 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

ghostzapper74 wrote:
pjrhodes1970 wrote:
Treve is done she should have had a stone in hand over these

I bet Dettori had a :D on his face, see it's not my fault.

I hope they retire her now, but they might come out and blame the ground.

I'm still hoping Leading Light puts up a performance today and gets to go.

I got a few quid on Pallastor I think hes better than hes shown

Gray

p.s Joesh O'Brien like Jamie Spencer Bad Jockeys

Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:51 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 1 winner

What a steal by Kingscote on Brown Panther made other jockeys look bad lol again bad ride by O'Brien to far off the pace.

Gray

Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:59 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 1 winner

Take a bow Mr Kingscote , u rode them all to sleep.

The Fav was beaten a long way out, puzzling race.

Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:00 pm
Group 1 winner

Two of AOB's stables stars beaten this weekend, ironic given that he was talking about winning all 5 g1s this weekend. Personally I'm not surprised by Australia, it wasn't necessarily a poor ride or a better ride from Moore that won or lost the race, I just think Moore was on the better horse, who's also an improver. Australia hit the front at a similar time to York. The Grey Gatsby was ridden similarly to York. Mukhadram was slightly closer, but this could be because he had had a hard race before York. The race panned out much the same, except this time the Grey Gatsby closed him down, I think Australia's a horse who was ahead of the curve but isn't improving in line with the WFA scale, whereas the Grey Gatsby is. I believe he's overrated. Of the horses he beat at York two were older horses who are good but not vintage, and had both had a hard race at Ascot- Tagroodah also underperformed, I'd say due to the same race. The other horse he beat has improved markedly and beaten him this time. He's not a standout horse any more than any other G! winner.

Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:39 pm
Group 1 winner

Ubar02 wrote:
Two of AOB's stables stars beaten this weekend, ironic given that he was talking about winning all 5 g1s this weekend. Personally I'm not surprised by Australia, it wasn't necessarily a poor ride or a better ride from Moore that won or lost the race, I just think Moore was on the better horse, who's also an improver. Australia hit the front at a similar time to York. The Grey Gatsby was ridden similarly to York. Mukhadram was slightly closer, but this could be because he had had a hard race before York. The race panned out much the same, except this time the Grey Gatsby closed him down, I think Australia's a horse who was ahead of the curve but isn't improving in line with the WFA scale, whereas the Grey Gatsby is. I believe he's overrated. Of the horses he beat at York two were older horses who are good but not vintage, and had both had a hard race at Ascot- Tagroodah also underperformed, I'd say due to the same race. The other horse he beat has improved markedly and beaten him this time. He's not a standout horse any more than any other G! winner.

Predictable as usual Ubar

Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:12 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Leading Light in the Arc? No chance even if he'd won today.

Gatsby given a terrible ride at York. Never got to see if he was good enough that day. Maybe he wouldn't have troubled Australia that day anyway but would have been nice to find out.

Irish Leger weird race. The pack should have moved a long way out. But nice BSP on the winner :mrgreen:

Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:54 pm
Group 1 winner

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
Ubar02 wrote:

Explain why australia lost then? I don't believe it was JOB, he was ridden much the same as before

Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:15 am
Group 1 winner

Paul you might want to tell Aidan that Marvellous is a miler and Tapestry is a 12f horse. Think he's got his entries mixed up.

Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:26 am
Group 1 winner

keithbeaky wrote:
Paul you might want to tell Aidan that Marvellous is a miler and Tapestry is a 12f horse. Think he's got his entries mixed up.

Marvellous retired after the Irish Oaks along with bracelet

Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:32 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Marvellous should never have ran in any Oaks and Tapestry should be running over 12f. Really dont understand the placement of horses over the last 2-3 years.

Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:38 pm
Group 1 winner

keithbeaky wrote:
Marvellous should never have ran in any Oaks and Tapestry should be running over 12f. Really dont understand the placement of horses over the last 2-3 years.

Tapestry should have gone to France yesterday
Team were under pressure to support every ICW Race

Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:52 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Ubar02 wrote:
pjrhodes1970 wrote:
Ubar02 wrote:

Explain why australia lost then? I don't believe it was JOB, he was ridden much the same as before

UBAR even a 13 year old can do the maths (Not my words)

added to that Joey was unforgivably a pound overweight something the lads will find hard to accept or swallow
in fact he didn't get the rde on Ballydoyle horse yesterday Heffernan took the ride carrying 9 stone maybe the change is
already in motion

IMO your health comes first and killing yourself to do 9 stone is madness maybe this situation has now been put into perspective

Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:39 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Paul I'd have to disagree with that, I don't think it's as simple as that. It's doesn't take into account the lay out of the course, and sometimes it's better to go wide coming into the straight because u can get sling shot out of the corner. It's not simple math question.

Who came up with it.

People talk about it like it was the worst ride ever and to me it was just a so-so ride. If he rode like that at Chester then fair enough but Leopardstown is a wide open course and in championship races I've seen worse, one of the worst rides ever was Mike Smith on Zenyatta in the classic( it still Swear word me now) and his career survived.

I'm disappointed to hear about Richie McGrath, not a world beater but I rather liked him as a jock.

Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:52 pm
Group 1 winner

Whoever wrote that thinks he's clever yet uses awful analogies, doesn't know much about racing and says O'Brien might reach the same level as Moore. The article also doesn't take into account that Gatsby wasn't hugging the rail for the whole race, which makes the calculations a load of rubbish, and that's without questioning the accuracy of those.

How can it carry any credibility?

PS The Gatsby was given a worse ride at York than Australia was at the weekend.

Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:30 am
Reply to topic   [ 3136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203 ... 210  Next