View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 7:35 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210  Next
 DAILY DISCUSSION 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: DAILY DISCUSSION
pjrhodes1970 wrote:
I often get to chat to the people behind the scenes at Ballydoyle and Coolmore
And i don't think he was the horse i was told he was.

Undoubtedly a top class racehorse but not the horse of a generation in saying that he was the best middle distance
horse Aidan has trained since High Chaparral in 2002

The injury was genuine 100% i was told on Tuesday War Command had retired to stud & was already at Coolmore
& this story was being held back to be revealed on the morning line Then the vet said that Australia had no chance of
being ready for Ascot so they pulled the plug.

For me missing the Arc was the wrong decision still cant get my head round it

He will be hugely popular at Coolmore with breeders here they are already forming a queue.

I think flat racing is not as good as it use to be because most of the big guns are more interested in stud value than the actual racing value. It's not about seeing who's best but what a horses worth when they retire, I think Aussie was a 1m4 horse that was never given the chance to show how good he was at that distance ( not sexy enough) because 1m -1m2 is worth more at stud. I think that's why I prefer US flat racing because there's a lot less bull crap.

Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:18 am
Group 1 winner

Milers are worth more at stud than Derby horses? I know nothing about breeding but find that hard to believe.

Australia wasn't a Derby horse imo, thats why he didn't run in the Arc as he wouldn't have stayed. Ok he won the Irish Derby which is a very stiff 12f but it was a mickey mouse race. Its a shame he wont be at Ascot as he would have been beaten again.

Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:55 am
Group 1 winner

keithbeaky wrote:
Milers are worth more at stud than Derby horses? I know nothing about breeding but find that hard to believe.

Australia wasn't a Derby horse imo, thats why he didn't run in the Arc as he wouldn't have stayed. Ok he won the Irish Derby which is a very stiff 12f but it was a mickey mouse race. Its a shame he wont be at Ascot as he would have been beaten again.

What u got to show is u 1m4 horse has pace so u got to run them over less. Another thing I hate when people say things like a horse has to much pace to go further well that's what makes good horses great because they have that extra pace it's not a burden to have it, u can have both.

I disagree Keith about the 1m4 distance for Aussie because he never had the chance to prove it, and that's the sad thing about flat racing these days. I think if Frankel had been a Coolmore/godolphin horse they would have packed him of straight to stud at 3.
The only good thing to flat racing at the moment and that is the new Arabs seem to want to race their horses longer, that might change in the future.

Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:20 am
Group 1 winner

Australia didn't stay the Irish Champion Stakes. Id say 10f was his optimum distance. Some horses do have too much pace to go further. Taghrooda was the best 12f horse in the UK or Ireland this season. She was in season for the Yorkshire Oaks.

Frankel had to be raced on, you may be right about some operations retiring, but I think most would have raced him at 4 because he had the chance to be that much better after he had learnt to race and settle properly. A true great. The Queen Anne was insane!

Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:46 am
Group 1 winner

When's the british champions day coming back to Newmarket? Heavy, soft in places for end of year championship races, whilst its good atm at Newmarket? 3 big name defections today due to heavy ground, to me it just seems ridiculous to be running 'championship races' on this ground, which they are increasingly becoming less of due to defections

Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:38 pm
Group 1 winner

Ubar02 wrote:
When's the british champions day coming back to Newmarket? Heavy, soft in places for end of year championship races, whilst its good atm at Newmarket? 3 big name defections today due to heavy ground, to me it just seems ridiculous to be running 'championship races' on this ground, which they are increasingly becoming less of due to defections

The Uk Flat Season Has an Anticlimactic Feel to it With Most of this season stars missing it Schedule re shake needed
It cant compete with the Arc or Breeders Cup Meetings and it looks like the Irish Champions Weekend even had a stronger look to it
Royal Ascot is the British Champions week if not in name.

This Day looks very weak indeed something needs to be looked at Hosting it at Ascot at this time of year is ridiculous purely a financial
decision.

Been to Newmarket a few times and the facilities are ok but nothing like at other major racecourses around the world
or even some others in UK.

Does it really deserve a Champions day the main grandstand is small compared to its competitors so i can understand
going to Ascot but not at this time of Year.

Ascot should spend money on tarp for the whole course.

Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:02 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
Ubar02 wrote:

The Uk Flat Season Has an Anticlimactic Feel to it With Most of this season stars missing it Schedule re shake needed
It cant compete with the Arc or Breeders Cup Meetings and it looks like the Irish Champions Weekend even had a stronger look to it
Royal Ascot is the British Champions week if not in name.

This Day looks very weak indeed something needs to be looked at Hosting it at Ascot at this time of year is ridiculous purely a financial
decision.

Been to Newmarket a few times and the facilities are ok but nothing like at other major racecourses around the world
or even some others in UK.

Does it really deserve a Champions day the main grandstand is small compared to its competitors so i can understand
going to Ascot but not at this time of Year.

Ascot should spend money on tarp for the whole course.

I don't know about Irish Champions having a better look to it but its certainly no worse than this one, it has a far better timeslot without a doubt. British Champions Day can't move due to those other meetings, and at this time of the year Newmarket has the best ground in the country. Yes, the grandstand could have be a lot better in terms of watching the races for the average racegoer, I think the facilities are quite good asides from that though. But, it should have been a lot better than it is now, they spent a lot of money on it, £15m I think which could have gone a long way, but sold out to corporates, but they can still get 20,000 in there, which is similar to BCD attendance at Ascot atm, and they could put more temporary stands on the other side of the track if necessary. Plus Newmarket is the fairest track in the country, all they need to do is make sure the track is not too wide and put the stalls on the far side, not the centre.

Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:18 pm
Group 1 winner

What a bunch of hypocrites.

Joey rides Aussie on the outside and it's a awful ride and yet Ryan does it on Australia and it's a wonderful ride.

Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:20 am
Group 1 winner

Joey is not liked simple as that Moore is adored

to be fair he has had a few bad rides this season Joey

Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:19 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

pjrhodes1970 wrote:

It is only because he was given the job only because of who he is, and not down to his talent.

There are many, many jockeys better than Joseph O'Brien that are riding at the moment. I could easily reel off 15 or so.

Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:27 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

ghostzapper74 wrote:
What a bunch of hypocrites.

Joey rides Aussie on the outside and it's a awful ride and yet Ryan does it on Australia and it's a wonderful ride.

Not at all.

Moore judged the pace of the race perfectly, unlike O'Brien in the Irish Champion who panicked and did not realise they had gone very, very fast. If Moore had waited and not gone wide he would not have won. If Joey had waited and not panicked he most likely would have won the Irish Champion. Big difference. Moore is peerless.

Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:12 am
Group 1 winner

pjrhodes1970 wrote:

This would be the worst imo.....

http://www.racinguk.com/news/article/30 ... s-at-ascot

Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:13 am
Group 1 winner

Glad the result stands, gutted for toast though

Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:06 am
Group 1 winner

Fantastic news that Wesley ward is planning on sending hootenanny and sunset glow to the guineas next year- could be a great showdown against gosdens colt

Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:19 am
Group 1 winner

Ubar02 wrote:
Fantastic news that Wesley ward is planning on sending hootenanny and sunset glow to the guineas next year- could be a great showdown against gosdens colt

Yes Hootenanny will be aimed at the Guineas he will run a prep in the Transylvanian in April
All depends on how he winters the new g1 3yo sprint at Royal Ascot is also in consideration for him

Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:33 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210  Next