View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 10:46 am

Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
 AUSTRALIAN DISCUSSION 
Handicapper

Post Re: AUSTRALIAN DISCUSSION
One to keep an eye on for sure. Miracles Of Life (Not A Single Doubt x Dazzling Gazelle) is a tiny 2yo chestnut filly with a big turn of foot. Unbeaten in 3 starts she has a combined winning margin of 18 3/4 L. There was some doubting her ability after her first 2 wins came against weaker opposition in Adelaide but it was her most recent victory in the Blue Diamond Preview (Listed) at Caulfield on Saturday that showed, at the moment, she looks to have a bright future. Here are her 3 runs which I invite everyone to have a look at:

1st Start (won by 5.5L)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3vLB5Y-1Es

2nd Start (won by 9L)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38y_9g2n_vI

3rd Start (won by 4.3L)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5P77A-VcYo

Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:37 am
Handicapper

Most Joyful the full sister to More Joyous will make her debut this Saturday at Warwick Farm in a 1000m 2yo handicap

Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:33 pm
Handicapper

One of my (and probably a lot of others) favourites makes her return to racing this weekend. Welcome back

Taken from Herald Sun:

GUN apprentice Katelyn Mallyon makes her comeback with one ride at Bendigo on Saturday -- after being out for eight months that she says seemed an eternity.

"It feels to me like 100 years," Mallyon said.

"Other people say it seems like it's come around quick."

Mallyon survived a horrifying face-plant fall at Flemington in May in a heat of the Winter Championship.
She was put in an induced coma after suffering fractures in her back and face and spent weeks in a neck brace.
Her injuries forced her out of the last three months of the season, but in a remarkable feat, she held on to become the first female to win the Melbourne metro apprentices' title.

Mallyon, the most successful female apprentice in Victorian history, cautiously predicted she would pick up where she left off.
"There's no reason why not, though I'm going to be taking it pretty easy for the first few weeks," she said.

Mallyon's sole Bendigo ride is Tamtheel for David Hayes in an 1100m maiden race.
She said she hoped Hayes and traditional supporters such as Danny O'Brien would continue to back her.
Mallyon said there had been upsides to her enforced break.
"It gave me a chance to grow," the 18-year-old said.
"I was 48kg before the fall and now I'm more like 52-53kg.
"I've become a real gym junkie. Before I couldn't run for 10 minutes and now I'm running a half-hour every day. I feel so much stronger and fitter.
"I've spoken to jockeys like Glen Boss and they say you can never beat riding fitness and I'm mindful of that. I'm fit, but I know I'll get fitter once I start riding again.
"I've ridden in heaps of trials in the last few weeks and really feel fantastic."

Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:04 am
Group 1 winner

All too hard to go for the Queen Anne. Does this mean he and ocean park will meet?

Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:25 am
Handicapper

looks a possibility at the moment

Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:57 pm
Group 1 winner

Would he not actually be able to run in the st James palace and theoretically our guineas as he is still a 3yo?

Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:26 pm
Handicapper

Ubar02 wrote:
Would he not actually be able to run in the st James palace and theoretically our guineas as he is still a 3yo?

I'm not 100% on this as while he is technically a 3yo by SH time he was foaled in 2009 same as last years St James winner Most Improved so I don't quite know how that works.

Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:59 am
Group 1 winner

I just say that as he would be able to run in 3yo races in dubai, like mike de locks soft falling rain, but just setting a weight penalty, but tbh I don't know if that would work over here or not.

Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:19 am
Group 1 winner

Ubar02 wrote:
I just say that as he would be able to run in 3yo races in dubai, like mike de locks soft falling rain, but just setting a weight penalty, but tbh I don't know if that would work over here or not.

would be counted as an older horse here and get a weight penalty
happend to SSbanner too

Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:24 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Ubar02 wrote:

As PJ said, if he was born before 1st January 2010 (i.e. sometime in 2009) he will be classed as a 4yo. This kind of this is taken very seriously in this country, in 1844 a horse was disqualified from the Derby after it was found that it was in fact a 4yo which had been substituted for the 3yo entered to win the prize! The rules are very strict now so that only underhand and not so obvious cheating can go on! :lol:

Maybe the ageing in Dubai is subject to each case, or they have slackened the rules slightly as they are so close to the equator and as in each hemisphere horse ageing is different. They have had to allow for Aus/SA horses and British and Dubai horses and the ageing differences in each part of the world.

Plus in this particular example he will be at least 6 months older than his potential opposition and will have already had a full 3yo campaign. I'd be pretty certain that he would be classed as a 4yo.

Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:10 am
Handicapper

Black Caviar to return to racing this Saturday in the Gr1 Black Caviar Lightning (now named after her) but it might possibly be just another 'canter' down the Flemington straight.

Hay List - not ready
Samaready - owner's opted for an easier race next Friday
Ortensia - trainer now opting for a different race
Buffering - paddock
Barakey - in work, headed to the Newmarket

TRAINER Peter Moody's call for all sprinters to take on his champion mare Black Caviar in Saturday's $500,000 group 1 Black Caviar Lightning at Flemington may have fallen on deaf ears.

As the world's best sprinter resumes after her trip to England, it seems few are prepared to challenge her unbeaten status. Moody, when asked about what Black Caviar would be facing in the straight 1000 metre race, said: ''Just bring them on, that's no problem.''

With Sydney-trained filly Satin Shoes and Melbourne three-year-old Shamexpress the only confirmed challengers, the race appears to be at the mercy of Black Caviar.

Trainer Mick Price said his Blue Diamond winner of last year, Samaready, was to return in the Lightning but would wait until the following Friday night for the Typhoon Tracy Stakes at Moonee Valley.

''We looked very seriously at starting Samaready on Saturday at Flemington, but after a meeting of the owners, we've opted to go to Moonee Valley for a listed three-year-old fillies' event,'' Price said.

Scone trainer Paul Messara, who prepares group 1-winning mare Ortensia and had intended running her in the weight-for-age sprint, is opting for another feature race this autumn to start her preparation.

Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:39 am
Group 1 winner

Can confirm after contacting the bha that a horse must be born in te calendar year 2010 to compete in British 3yo races, so if you wanted to, the 2013 champagne stakes winner could run in the st James palace, for example.

Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:31 pm
Handicapper

The amazing things you see at the races. In today's Mornington Cup horse lost it's rider out of the gates. It rounded the field to sit on the rail in the lead never more than a length or so in front second, went up through the gears into the final turn and kicked clear to 'win' (easier less 55 odd kg obviously). Only then after it had 'won' did it run off track. Not as dumb as some may think these animals :lol:

Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:01 am
Group 1 winner

TysonM wrote:
The amazing things you see at the races. In today's Mornington Cup horse lost it's rider out of the gates. It rounded the field to sit on the rail in the lead never more than a length or so in front second, went up through the gears into the final turn and kicked clear to 'win' (easier less 55 odd kg obviously). Only then after it had 'won' did it run off track. Not as dumb as some may think these animals :lol:

Could have ran a career best there but with no jock on board

at fairyhouse few years ago the horse i backed by mistake because in a rush i gave the bookie the wrong number
anyway he fell at the first which trying to remember for that race was just before the straight i think it was grand national meeting in 08 or 09
he ran straight to me by the rail and stooped right opposite to me and stuck his head over the railing i sware he had a massive smile on his face anyway he did not exert himself that day must have ran no more than 100 yards could not believe he stopped right next to me was hilarious and the horse i meant to back only won how ironic

Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:02 am
Profile WWW
Handicapper

TysonM wrote:
Black Caviar to return to racing this Saturday in the Gr1 Black Caviar Lightning (now named after her) but it might possibly be just another 'canter' down the Flemington straight.

Comes back from an 8 month injury lay off, does it easy and breaks a 25 year old track record. Not bad

Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:58 am
Reply to topic   [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next