View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:25 pm

Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 AUSTRALIAN DISCUSSION 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: AUSTRALIAN DISCUSSION
shes the best sprinter ever

Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:56 am
Profile WWW
Handicapper

Black Caviar, Delta, Crisp and Star Kingdom have been inducted into the Aus Racing Hall Of Fame.

Carbine, who I believe carried a record 66kg to win the 1890 Melbourne Cup, has been elevated to Legend status.

Two jockeys were inducted into the Hall Of Fame, Hughie Cairns and Geoff Lane.

Bruce McLachlan was lone trainer to be inducted. He won 16 Brisbane training premierships.

Three associates were inducted including the inventor of the electronic totalizator, Sir George Julius as well as Sydney farrier Albert O'Cass and leading South Australian bloodstock agent and administrator, David Coles.

Congratulations to all the inductees.

Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:25 am
Handicapper

Miracles Of Life winning the 2013 Group 1 Blue Diamond.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pl-GlrDLf70

This is such a good bloody story. This little Filly with the turn of foot that keeps winning, the apprentice everyone said shouldn't ride in the big one, amazing scenes of the jocks old man bawling his eyes out as his daughter crossed the line. Stuff that makes you remember why you love racing.

Add to the day All Too Hard back to his best in the Group 1 Futurity, a terrific win. I hope all goes right and we see him in The Queen Anne.

Side note on the Queen Anne - Ocean Park a lackluster 4th in NZ today. Could put some doubt in the Dubai trip and maybe Europe as well, I hope it was just a one off and he still goes though.

Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:54 am
Group 1 winner

I just don't understand your racing setup at all- why have a 3yo 'guineas' race at the end of the season and why was the Melbourne cup winner running over 7f? It all seems ridiculous.

Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:56 am
Group 1 winner

Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:41 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Ubar02 wrote:
I just don't understand your racing setup at all- why have a 3yo 'guineas' race at the end of the season and why was the Melbourne cup winner running over 7f? It all seems ridiculous.

its something that took me a while to get used to just the way things are done down under
i think they ran Midas touch over 7f as a 4yo in Aus even though that would seem ridiculous
if he was still with O'Brien he would have been aimed at staying races with a mian target of the gold cup 2m4f
so to run him at 7f gives him little chance
i think the Australians are all about preparation for a main target and they are not obsessed with having unbeaten horses like we are
they are not fearfull of ahorse getting beat as long as it learns something in defeat

Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:48 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Their whole seasons backwards, they run the equivalent of colour vision in the lockinge- why? even the USA racing, which doesn't grip me at all, I prefer to this.

Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:13 am
Group 1 winner

Ubar02 wrote:
Their whole seasons backwards, they run the equivalent of colour vision in the lockinge- why? even the USA racing, which doesn't grip me at all, I prefer to this.

you dont have to watch it Ubar it may be different but does not mean its wrong
i love some of the Aussie racing its great
always a great atmosphere they put on a great show

& there prizemoney is far superior ours is very poor

there are many holes an Australian could pick in our racing too
& dont get me started on prizemoney for a miaden winner in UK its totally shocking

Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:20 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

The whole country is backwards, I mean Christmas in the middle of summer?? What the hell were they thinking, stupid Aussies! :lol: :roll:

I find it weird how they start horses over hugely inferior trips, but maybe it leads to fewer injuries, or muscle problems, or racing stress; there must be a reason. I have to admit when/if I ever have enough money I will be out of the country faster than you can say Ryan Air. My preference would be to go to America, but the racing there really puts me off because I just cannot get into it. Whereas Aus racing is so much like ours, and there are so many stud farms and race courses and the prize money is awesome etc etc, I would rather end up there than the US. Obviously this is a very important decision and not one to be taken lightly, but the type and enjoyment of the racing would hugely influence which country/continent I ended up on! :lol:

Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:29 am
Group 1 winner

SuperCat wrote:
The whole country is backwards, I mean Christmas in the middle of summer?? What the hell were they thinking, stupid Aussies! :lol: :roll:

I find it weird how they start horses over hugely inferior trips, but maybe it leads to fewer injuries, or muscle problems, or racing stress; there must be a reason. I have to admit when/if I ever have enough money I will be out of the country faster than you can say Ryan Air. My preference would be to go to America, but the racing there really puts me off because I just cannot get into it. Whereas Aus racing is so much like ours, and there are so many stud farms and race courses and the prize money is awesome etc etc, I would rather end up there than the US. Obviously this is a very important decision and not one to be taken lightly, but the type and enjoyment of the racing would hugely influence which country/continent I ended up on! :lol:

Well if you want to get out of the country, see international racing and are of a fairly young age, I would seriously recommend darley flying start- 2 years, all expenses paid, work experience in the industry, see the dubai World Cup, Kentucky derby and Melbourne cup among many other races such as laytown etc. - what more could you want?

Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:05 pm
Group 1 winner

Ubar02 wrote:
SuperCat wrote:

Well if you want to get out of the country, see international racing and are of a fairly young age, I would seriously recommend darley flying start- 2 years, all expenses paid, work experience in the industry, see the dubai World Cup, Kentucky derby and Melbourne cup among many other races such as laytown etc. - what more could you want?

OH MY GOD Ubar that is my dream! Unless I do Vet Med that is what my life and degree are aiming towards. I'm really bitter Phillip Hobb's daughter is doing it now, but yes that is what I want to do. At this rate I'll be nearly 30 by the time I get there, but better late than never. :D

Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:20 pm
Handicapper

MASTER O'Reilly, winner of the 2007 Caulfield Cup, has died in what appears to be unusual circumstances.

It is believed Master O'Reilly was found dead near a road.

Vlad Duric, who rode Master O"Reilly to victory in the Cup, told Racing Network the news was "very sad", as did his former trainer Danny O'Brien.

"He was a great warrior for our stable," O’Brien said.

"He provided me with one of my greatest thrills winning the Caulfield Cup."

Nine-year-old Master O’Reilly ran in three Caulfield Cups and four Melbourne Cups, where he finished fourth in the 2008 behind Viewed and fourth the following year behind Shocking.

He won eight of his 48 starts with a prizemoney purse of $2,985,400.

Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:07 am
Group 1 winner

Group One win Number 14 and 24 in a row for wonder mare Black Caviar & SO EASY

Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:05 pm
Profile WWW
Handicapper

pjrhodes1970 wrote:

Just got back from the races. Joint was rocking!!!! 25,000 people all cheering the same horse is NUTS! What an experience.

After she won all these white and salmon streamers exploded on to the crowd....an odd sight indeed!

Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:28 pm
Handicapper

TysonM wrote:
pjrhodes1970 wrote:

Just got back from the races. Joint was rocking!!!! 25,000 people all cheering the same horse is NUTS! What an experience.

After she won all these white and salmon streamers exploded on to the crowd....an odd sight indeed!

I should add She looks good, REALLY good, fit, possibly as good as I've ever seen her

Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:58 pm
Reply to topic   [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next