View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:15 am

Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
 A few to watch out for 
Handicapper

Post Re: A few to watch out for
Thanks lads

Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:09 pm
Handicapper

---------------------DISCONTINUED-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:12 am
Group 1 winner

Why?

Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:27 pm
Group 1 winner

Don't lose heart Johnny, your luck may turn yet?

Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:31 pm
Group 1 winner

johnny16dar wrote:
Yes PJ but you have any idea why they have bothered to rename him? Finn McCool seems like a pretty cool name if you'll excuse the pun :wink: Maybe 'Sardinia' hasn't showed enough to deserve such a prestigious title??

i no this is no longer in use but if you are watching Johnny heres my piece on Finn McCool/SARDINA who makes
his long awaited debut today

Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:59 am
Profile WWW
Handicapper

Great renewal of the Betfair chase, don't know if i remember such a good line up for this race ever, certainly last year's race was hyped as Silviniaco took it easy enough with ruby in the plate beating long run by 2 1/2L, silvianaco went on to easily take the Denman chase in early febuarY, perfect timing to get him spot on for cheltenham festival where he fell 3 out when travelling well in the gold cup... not so sure he'd have won had he stayed up, im of the opinion that bob's worth would have outstayed silvianaco as would sir des champs resulting for me because i see no deliberate fault in his jumping in a 3 in the form line instead of an F. Reining gold cup champ Bobs Worth is one that is hard to see flaws in, he seems to have a never say die attitude to the way he finishes his races that makes me think of how much i'd like to see this horse and Tony McCoy partnered up, that does'nt mean i'd like to see the partnership with B J Geraghty broken up at all, i just think at this stage now to get the best out of Bobs Worth McCoy would be a marriage made in heaven....Heres one for ye.... i think sir des champs would have been the gold cup champion right now... but not if ap was riding bobs worth!! This being the first start for both of these goliath's of the jumping game i'd be inclined to say that neither of the runners appeal fitness-wise, but as both stables are renowned for presenting fit specimens for competition it's hard to rule either one out. Both will have christmas time big prize money targets im sure... (theres no messin about with these 3rd season chasers, you gotta try n mop up the prize money) but i just have a feeling that the lack of fitness, or the addition of age will contribute to the downfall of the established and an ushering in of a new generation of chasesrs. Im pretty sure we've seen the best of The Giant Bolster at this stage- rule him out. Had Cue Card been in this race 12 months ago i'd be advising a wager as he appeared to be in blindinly good form following his win in the haldon gold cup, unfortunately his spin at exeter this year was a lot less inspiring, with the ground at haydock apparently turning against him i'd be inclined to rule him out in such a hot stamina sapping race. I have to admit i backed Long Run in the gold cup this year... yes.... yes i did back long run for the gold cup, he had the air of a brilliant horse at one stage... king george... gold cup... then... cold spell.... back with brilliance... go on undefeated to reclaim gold cup.................. it did'nt happen, it was supposed to,,,,,, but , alas it did'nt............,,,,,,,truth is nowadays he is shit, shit compared to the other horses around him, i know whats gonna happen on saturday is that the waley cohens will have decided the horse really wants to 'Make it' in the race.. cos 'thats what he wants nowadays', and, 'thats the reason he was so bad at wetherby'.. but there is a person missing at C4 racing right now, that person has always been missing, and that person is the one that will come out on live telly on saturday and say....."Long Run is shite right now.. dont back it please i know the economy is bad for us all right now which is why i implore you...I BEG YOU.....SIR,, SIR I BEG YOU DO NOT BACK L O NNNNN GGGGGGGGG RRUUUUUUNNNNNnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!! But we cant have everything and to be fair mk fitz or mccrirrick???? its m fitz every time... see mick doesn't have a mouth like a cement mixer, doesn't make you feel like theres a terrible smell in the room everytime he's takling..... like a true punters pal occaisionally let you know with a little give before the start of a race if a fancied horse can be beaten or if its a GOOD THING!!... Times up... no more time to bet sorry... next race... thank you.... sorry........ Mick says the horse you backed will not win... and it wont.......... why didnt i wait for micks advice? Cos even if you did heed micks advice.. youd still need a time machine for it to be any use!!Anyway...... Thats how it works im afraid.

Mick doesnt have time for ya.... now leave him be, tips for the betfair chase: DYNASTE, 13/2 - ROI DU MEE 18/1.. seriously think that one or both of the 2 2nd season chasers will shake up the big boys.... both worth a wager! GOOD LUCK

Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:03 am
Group 1 winner

Good to see you back on the forum Johnny.

Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:25 pm
Handicapper

For anyone interested in well bred nh types, DAWALAN 12.30 Newbury must be noted. By Azamour out of Daltawa, the grey gelding is a half brother to 2 goliaths of the flat game in the shape of Daylami and Dalakhani. 4/1

Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:47 am
Handicapper

4 runners from the list today

Astronereus - 1.30 Newbury
Derby entry making debut in a tidy looking maiden, been backed and hughes booked, could run into a place. 14/1

Fort Knox - 2.40 Newbury
Won a listed guineas trial at leopardstown last year but disappointed after when trained by Johnny Murtagh. Now sporting the godolphin silks and ridden by Ryan Moore i give this course and distance winner a big shout at a nice price in what looks a weak enough race. 8/1

Dianora - 4.25 Newbury
Of the 2yo fillies on the list last year (Emaratiya Ana - 4th in Tatts Millions, Terrific - 3rd in Salsabil stakes, Manderley - 4th in 1000 guineas) this was the one i was most taken with and i think she might turn out the best of that little bunch. I've been waiting patienty for her seasonal return and she is a confident NAP today. 11/4

Duke Cosimo - 8.05 Doncaster
Previously with M Stoute and now with T Barron its hard to know what to expect from this lad but his trainer does well with sprinters from other yards and has first time blinkers on so may not be unthinkable that he may outrun his odds. 16/1

Sat May 17, 2014 11:53 am
Group 1 winner

The Dark Lord returns.

Sat May 17, 2014 12:56 pm
Handicapper

keithbeaky wrote:
The Dark Lord returns.

Mwaahaha.. MUaahaHAHAHAHAH.. MUAHHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA..MWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!
Foolish mortals....Feel the power of the dark side (fist clenched tight inside black shiny plasticy glove thing)

Sat May 17, 2014 1:20 pm
Handicapper

Emaratiya Ana - 4.25 Goodwood 10/1

Thu May 22, 2014 2:59 pm
Handicapper

Hydrogen - 3.05 Newmarket 4/1

Feel a bit silly posting this cos 1. everybody knows about this horse and 2. no one will care today.

Enjoy the new game eveyone.

Fri May 30, 2014 11:37 am
Group 1 winner

Did Hydrogen run? If so, what is the analysis?

Fri May 30, 2014 10:09 pm
Handicapper

Yes he ran and to be honest i didn't expect him to win this, he came 6th in the end. You have to be worried when it takes a horse with his reputation this long to make his debut over 1m4f, especially when his reputation is built purely on his price tag... another great concern today was the fact that it's on my list and they never ever ever win first time out! Still i'll say this, it was a decent maiden and the winner and maybe one or two of the others could go on to better things so the fact he finished a tenderly ridden 11 lengths behind on debut to experienced rivals means there's hope for him. Connections stated after that he got tired in the end and that looked the case alright, they also said that he could be a cup horse in the making and again i'd have to agree. He will be winning but after his next run we will know a lot more about how useful he will turn out to be. A bit of better ground probably wouldn't do him any harm either.

Sat May 31, 2014 12:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10