View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:53 am

Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next
 A few to watch out for 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: A few to watch out for
johnny16dar wrote:
GS63 wrote:
Any of your list out this weekend Johnny?

Nothing in the forseeable G, although FEEL LIKE DANCING bc (Galileo-Maid Of Killeen) was one i seriously considered adding to the list before his debut a couple of weeks ago, although i backed him that day (8/1) i was still a bit sick i didn't put him up as he went in @ 5s :? Anyway it looks like he will take his chance in the chester vase on thursday, he's a half brother to cheveley park and coronation stakes winner Indian Ink... and he's one i like.

duly noted cheers

Sat May 04, 2013 6:06 pm
Profile WWW
Handicapper

Think Cecil and Queally will bookend todays card at Goodwood, 13/1 with most firms.

Thu May 09, 2013 1:23 pm
Handicapper

From today im going to make a few minor changes to how i add posts to the thread. First of all let me state that im not at
all interested in how many views the thread has at any stage, not interested in praise and glory, not interested in making
posts.. deleting them.. re-writing them or editing them repeatedly, that in my opinion just confuses the hell out of
people, as if this game wasn't confusing enough, nor am i interested in strike rates or making mindless posts in order to
keep my thread at the top of the current thread list. I am interested in one thing and one thing only..... PROFIT... profit
for me of course but genuinely and honestly profit for anyone who cares to take an interest in this thread, i am and always
have been 100% in the punters corner.

Ok, that out of the way the changes are regarding prices of runners from the list, and trying to be more definitive in explaining when to bet and when not to bet.

It being that the horses i select for the list are extremely well bred and are as a consequence trained by the top trainers
in uk and ireland, the prices available are sometimes so skinny that it takes a very brave person, a very rich person or a
very stupid person to play as a single bet, i certainly dont qualify as one of the first two, i regularly fall into the
latter unfortunately in other areas of my life but not when it comes to gambling at small odds. If i deem the odds on one
of the list runners to be too small to generate a reasonabe profit as i do todays list runner Iffraaj Pink (6/4), i'll
nominate another horse or horses to go with it as a double(s) or a treble... it will be up to you how you want to play but
when it comes around to the thread's birthday (sept 21st) profit/loss will be judged on the bets i have advised up to now
and on the basis i have just explained.

To avoid any confusion on when to bet and when not to bet on a list runner, runners with an advised wager will be marked
with a simple PLAY, and runners best left alone will be marked LAY.

Any list runners will from now on be highlighted at least 2 hours before their race or 2 hours before extra nominees races
on the day.

Oh, and it isn't going to go right all the time, but hopefully with a bit of patience and luck we can produce a decent profit by mid september.

Fri May 10, 2013 3:14 pm
Group 1 winner

I'm with you Johnny - but 2 hours notice will be a tight call!

Fri May 10, 2013 3:29 pm
Handicapper

Iffraaj Pink reappears in the 5.40 @ Nottingham, she has been unlucky in her two starts to date particularly her last run at Haydock. With a change in fortune today she should be up to taking this - PLAY She is plenty skinny in the market though 6/4 fav at time of writing.

I'll put up ORIEL in the 5.30 @ ascot to go along with this one as a double, Highclere 2yos always have to be respected this side of royal ascot, as do Hannon juveniles, and with Hughesie choosing this one over the other two from the stable it looks a formidable combination in this race. Market vibes are also very strong 5/4 fav atow.

The double makes up at 4.63/1

Fri May 10, 2013 3:30 pm
Handicapper

GS63 wrote:
I'm with you Johnny - but 2 hours notice will be a tight call!

Ok G, what would you suggest, or any of ye for that matter?

Fri May 10, 2013 3:32 pm
Group 1 winner

I'd say the night before (work tends to get in the way of my betting), but that's probably too long for most/you, I appreciate.

anyway, a crisp tenner placed on your double for today it is!

Fri May 10, 2013 4:11 pm
Group 1 winner

johnny16dar wrote:
From today im going to make a few minor changes to how i add posts to the thread. First of all let me state that im not at
all interested in how many views the thread has at any stage, not interested in praise and glory, not interested in making
posts.. deleting them.. re-writing them or editing them repeatedly, that in my opinion just confuses the hell out of
people, as if this game wasn't confusing enough, nor am i interested in strike rates or making mindless posts in order to
keep my thread at the top of the current thread list. I am interested in one thing and one thing only..... PROFIT... profit
for me of course but genuinely and honestly profit for anyone who cares to take an interest in this thread, i am and always
have been 100% in the punters corner.

Ok, that out of the way the changes are regarding prices of runners from the list, and trying to be more definitive in explaining when to bet and when not to bet.

It being that the horses i select for the list are extremely well bred and are as a consequence trained by the top trainers
in uk and ireland, the prices available are sometimes so skinny that it takes a very brave person, a very rich person or a
very stupid person to play as a single bet, i certainly dont qualify as one of the first two, i regularly fall into the
latter unfortunately in other areas of my life but not when it comes to gambling at small odds. If i deem the odds on one
of the list runners to be too small to generate a reasonabe profit as i do todays list runner Iffraaj Pink (6/4), i'll
nominate another horse or horses to go with it as a double(s) or a treble... it will be up to you how you want to play but
when it comes around to the thread's birthday (sept 21st) profit/loss will be judged on the bets i have advised up to now
and on the basis i have just explained.

To avoid any confusion on when to bet and when not to bet on a list runner, runners with an advised wager will be marked
with a simple PLAY, and runners best left alone will be marked LAY.

Any list runners will from now on be highlighted at least 2 hours before their race or 2 hours before extra nominees races
on the day.

Oh, and it isn't going to go right all the time, but hopefully with a bit of patience and luck we can produce a decent profit by mid september.

My List is completely different mine is based on a 2 year schedule aimed at the classics or major G1 races
betting for me is not important just love watching good horses but would be obviously delighted if someone
backed one of mine that won classic and they got a good price
My list is more of a antepost outlook mainly based on breeding and a few hints and tips from connections.

your list is excellent Johnny but totally different as is DB's all 3 are different to each other and there is room for all 3
i enjoy keeping up with yours and DB's .

i do post alot in my thread but its all relevant info about the horses on the 2 lists
keep up the good work mate hope you get plenty of profit

Betfair usually offer prices the night before
you get a good idea of what sort of price is available on your horse

Fri May 10, 2013 4:17 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Close, but no cigar Johnny. I'll keep following though.

Fri May 10, 2013 6:27 pm
Handicapper

GS63 wrote:
I'd say the night before (work tends to get in the way of my betting), but that's probably too long for most/you, I appreciate.

anyway, a crisp tenner placed on your double for today it is!

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
Betfair usually offer prices the night before
you get a good idea of what sort of price is available on your horse

I cant be putting them up as plays or lays the night before lads as i use the market on the day as an important guide for whether they get the green or red light, i'll try and get them up as early as i can from now on.

GS63 wrote:
Close, but no cigar Johnny. I'll keep following though.

Yep, experience told in the 2yo maiden... but hold the cigars for another day :wink:

Fri May 10, 2013 6:56 pm
Handicapper

Iffraaj Pink 5-21

If you ever want to see an example of how to win a race the hard way then just have a look at the replay of today's race, she ran widest of all the runners the whole way round, giving away numerous lengths in the process... however in doing so she did manage to stay out of trouble in running for once. I thought she travelled really good through the race again, and i have to admit while watching the race live it seemed as though both horse and jockey were desperate in the last 100 yards, but upon closer inspection in the replay i reckon it was cosy enough, Atzeni could've asked for a lot more in the closing stages and she was even pricking her ears approaching the finishing line so all in all a fine performance i would say. More to come from this one.

http://www.sportinglife.com/racing/resu ... 7cb09898b7

Fri May 10, 2013 10:38 pm
Handicapper

you really are a complete spanner
give some high an mighty speech
all about profit and yada yada yada
then tell everyone the secret of
turning a 7/4 winner into a loser
are you for real? :lol: :lol: :lol:
what a mug mate honestly

Fri May 10, 2013 11:13 pm
Handicapper

So You Think wrote:
then tell everyone the secret of
turning a 7/4 winner into a loser
are you for real?

johnny16dar wrote:
If i deem the odds on one
nominate another horse or horses to go with it as a double(s) or a treble... it will be up to you how you want to play

You missed the point entirely, and i dont remember you being of any use to anyone on the forum... ever? Now off you go to the other thread with your yada yada yada's and creep for information your too lazy or stupid to find for yourself.

Fri May 10, 2013 11:32 pm
Handicapper

gathered you are a complete mongo
so cant have missed the point to much
any more great advise on how to
lose money backing winners mr profit?

Sat May 11, 2013 9:53 am
Handicapper

So You Think wrote:
gathered you are a complete mongo
so cant have missed the point to much
any more great advise on how to
lose money backing winners mr profit?

You'd be the expert in losing money, but dont worry you can follow this thread in secret and make up some of the losses you've no doubt incurred religiously following the other thread.

I'll have something for you in a while, in the meantime pop off and get something for your headache.. and try to forget about filling the bookies satchels at chester yesterday... there's a good lad! :D

Sat May 11, 2013 10:42 am
Reply to topic   [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next