View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 6:34 am

Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 A few to watch out for 
Handicapper

Post Re: A few to watch out for
i backed the winner in the last
i did just fine mate
plus had a little bonus from lingfield
your big tip of meeting feel like dancing
dont think you can say much bout chester
where did come again ... last
other thread gave me two 20/1 winners
another at 16s and couple more at 10s
last season so be a while yet
before losses become an issue
no point following this thread
none of your horses run
and you end recommending hopeless doubles
i know which side my bread is buttered
and it aint wasting time listening to you
turning a 7/4 winner into a loser
you are genius mate :lol: :lol: :lol:
your career is in comedy not horses

Sat May 11, 2013 11:06 am
Handicapper

Well.. fair enough... bye then :lol:

Sat May 11, 2013 11:31 am
Handicapper

The list has yet to produce a first time out winner, but i have high hopes today as Duke Cosimo makes his debut in the 2.15 @ Nottingham. This is despite... ahem.. 'reports' of his work on the gallops not being that strong, this would i presume be the same gallops Bohemian Dance was tearing up before running at ascot yesterday. Anyway it looks a weak enough race with maybe The Dark Wizard being the danger, but it has to be a PLAY considering he's so well bred and the current stable form - 7/4 fav

FELIX YONGER - 4.20 Punchestown, a decent enough beginners chase slightly weakened by the withdrawal of Sizing Rio, but i think this fellow who was 2nd to Simonsig in the 2012 Neptune @ Cheltenham would have taken all the beating even had the Potts horse still been in the field. 1/1

MAGOG - 4.30 Nottingham, made a winning debut @ Salisbury in october last year and may have been found a good opportunity to kick off the season if as i suspect he is on a very lenient handicap mark. Holds a derby entry, and although that is not going to happen it shows the gelding is held in some regard. 2/1

The treble pays 15.50/1 with P Power atow

Sat May 11, 2013 12:29 pm
Handicapper

Enaitch is the other list runner today as she lines up in the Oaks trial - 2.20 @ Lingfield and her odds (50/1) just about sum up her chances in this field, the step up in trip being the only positive to note. She is up against at least 2 smart fillies here and its impossible to see her placed - LAY

Sat May 11, 2013 12:42 pm
Group 1 winner

This has got a bit personal SYT, no need for some of things you have said on this thread. We all tip plenty of losers, even DB!

Anyway, I'll try a flutter on your treble Johnny, you've come up with a few good 'uns in the past mate.

Sat May 11, 2013 1:05 pm
Handicapper

Duke Cosimo 2

Decent enough debut from Duke Cosimo on saturday, but have to admit im a bit disappointed he couldn't take this poor maiden even considering he was up against more experienced rivals... this was the winners 11th attempt to record a victory having gone close on a couple of occaisions. Duke Cosimo didn't really do anything wrong which is a positive, he broke and travelled good, didn't pick up that well when asked but you always have to expect that from a debutant. Encouragingly he plugged on well at the finish to be beaten just a neck and im sure he will be winning races... he's just going to have to be well placed to do so.

http://www.sportinglife.com/racing/resu ... akes/video

Enaitch 3-035

Enaitch ran again as expected with another hold up ride, she would benefit from another couple of furlongs, softer ground and a more positive ride. The winner looked really really impressive and its understandable she is now favourite for Epsom glory.

http://www.attheraces.com/VideoConsole/ ... 11_02_1420

Tue May 14, 2013 12:21 pm
Handicapper

HOLOGRAM (Teofilo - Love Devine) 5.25 Wincanton

Another interesting flat bred to make his racecourse debut in the NH scene. The dam is an Oaks winner and he is a half brother to multiple group winner and St Leger winner Sixties Icon.
Looks like a nice opportunity for the gelding to start things off here. 11/4

Oscargo - 4.20 Wincanton, a horse thats been lightly raced thus far in his career, but this looks like a decent chance to record his 4th win at one of his trainers favourite venues. 3/1

League Of Nations - 7.20 Killarney, well enough bred colt who ran his beat race to date @ Navan a week ago, that 1m2f trip looked like it just stretched him and he'll be better back over a mile, plus persistance by his trainer in these sort of events with these type of horses tend not to take too long to pay dividends. 11/10

Treble pays 30.50/1 with ladbrokes

Tue May 14, 2013 2:46 pm
Handicapper

Hopes run high again today for the list to produce a first time out winner, and again it's a Cheveley Park representative who bids to do so as MADAME VESTRIS lines up in the 1.30 @ Salisbury. Fanzine deserves to be favourite based on her 3rd to Banoffee, that form looks strong enough with Arbaah and Toast Of The Town winning next time out. Cushion is well bred no doubt but has looked dodgy in her 4 outings to date, although i'd expect improvement from her having had a pipe opener 3 weeks ago. But Madame Vestris is extremely well bred also, her trainer is in cracking form at present, the booking of hughesie is a mega positive and vibes in the market also look positive at this stage... it is a PLAY. 4/1

Thu May 16, 2013 11:44 am
Handicapper

Madame Vestris 8

Oh dear.... didn't see that coming. A gentler racecourse introduction you are hardly likely to see, slow out of the gate and held up by hughes. For a brief period she threatened to get into it half way up the straight but like i say her jockey her jockey wasn't hard on her once it became apparent her chances had gone. Its hard to know just what hughes has up his sleeve at the best of times but this was a very tender finish. Still jockeys have to ride to instructions and i'd imagine he was told to look after her before everything else... i just wish the market had given some clues about these intentions. On a positive note hopefully the high form figure will mean a better price in the future as i believe she will be winning races.

http://www.sportinglife.com/racing/resu ... fc61241df6

Thu May 16, 2013 2:54 pm
Handicapper

DUKE COSIMO makes a quick reappearance in the 8.50 @ Pontefract tonight, it was said that for the rest of the season we would struggle to find a worse maiden than that of his debut, and yet here we are 10 days later and we have found one that is actually worse. With average improvement he should be up to taking this easily, Timeless Appeal being the only opponent i could envisage being any kind of threat. It cant be a play at 3/10, but i'd imagine if anyone did play at those odds he would've been the first one down this morning.

Tue May 21, 2013 6:53 pm
Group 1 winner

easy winner

Tue May 21, 2013 9:16 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

True, but a 1/4 shot should win easily Paul! :)

Tue May 21, 2013 9:21 pm
Group 1 winner

1/5 was the sp

Tue May 21, 2013 10:28 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Cheers Paul. Didn't check the SP, but was 1/4 about 2 mins before the off on PP.

Tue May 21, 2013 10:43 pm
Handicapper

Duke Cosimo 21

Given what Ryan Moore himself would describe as a 'brainless ride', it was all very straightforward for Duke Cosimo who led from start to finish coming 3L clear. Like i said before this was a poor maiden but 3yo sprint maidens at this time always are, im not so sure i could see him winning over six in a handicap now but a step up to seven may do no harm.

http://www.sportinglife.com/racing/resu ... akes/video

Sat May 25, 2013 1:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next