View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:51 pm

Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 A few to watch out for 
Handicapper

Post Re: A few to watch out for
4.35 Naas - She looks a bit good that Sandiva!

Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:45 pm
Handicapper

Phaenomena 5

I've been putting off doing the comment for this one as i don't really want to remember how bad this was. There is literally nothing positive i can say about this performance, reared out of the stalls then jinked and almost got rid of Queally, after that slow, slow, slow and completely clueless about what she was supposed to be doing... ah.. i've said enough!

http://www.attheraces.com/VideoConsole/ ... 30_05_1620

Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:51 am
Group 1 winner

johnny16dar wrote:

that was a very hot race the filly on my list ran well in 5th
i think that will work out to be a top race

Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:54 am
Profile WWW
Handicapper

ENAITCH is the list representitive today in the 8.25 @ Yarmouth and i find myself in a difficult position, im a bit perplexed as to just what she is doing in this field! Make no mistake the extra three furlongs she tackles today is a major plus but why not do that in a handicap? Im certain she is on a good mark to have a go over 1m6f and instead here she is in a 4 runner maiden with a couple of decent looking opponents? The well bred Baihas is clearly the one to beat, the only colt in the field he made a decent debut a month ago going down by a sh/hd over 1m4f and would have won over a little further so the extra distance today is in his favour as is the ground and the continued good form of the Stoute team. I still think Enaitch will benefit more with some cut and with the place market out its a LAY. I think she'll probably beat the other 2 so any people interested in the straight forecast could do worse!

Last edited by johnny16dar on Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:17 pm
Handicapper

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
johnny16dar wrote:

that was a very hot race the filly on my list ran well in 5th
i think that will work out to be a top race

Im with you PJ, i was very impressed.. i dont do a lot of antepost bets but she is ew value at present for the Albany, she is most certainly favourite in my book! In fact im gonna put her up here now as my first a/p tip : SANDIVA - Albany stakes, royal ascot 5/1 ew.

Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:26 pm
Handicapper

Enaitch 3-0352

Bit annoyed by this i have to be honest, here's a horse who was on a really decent handicap mark and was clearly going to improve for a step up in trip, why connections decided to go for this diffcult looking 3 runner maiden is beyond me? She was on 78 before yesterday and she has came a close second to an unexposed decent looking stayer, and in the process has beaten an exposed horse rated 71 by 27L, however you cut it she is going to go up a fair bit for this totally ruining her good mark, and for what.... £770.00?? Mindless to say the least.

http://www.attheraces.com/VideoConsole/ ... 04_06_2025

Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:57 am
Handicapper

FANTASY IN BLUE is the list runner today in the 4.00 @ Southwell. I was a bit surprised she got beat the last day but i think there were genuine excuses in that she is a small enough filly and it probably came a bit too soon after her debut, the pace of that race really didn't suit and it was set up for Requested.. and in hindsight who knows what he was on! The favourite Street Artist is clearly the one to worry about today, however he has a tendencacy to start slowly and i think the form of Fantasy In Blue's two races to date is stronger than his... 24 runs with 4 winners and 5 places from her races compared to 27 runs with 1 win and 4 places for him. She has had a nice little break to freshen/strengthen her up and the application of a visor should eek out some further improvement. I certainly could'nt put anyone off backing her today PLAY 3/1.

TARTARY - 8.30 Kempton 8/1

Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:28 pm
Handicapper

Fantasy In Blue -234

Another disappointing run from Fantasy In Blue, she was never travelling throughout the race and looked ill at ease on the surface plus the visor appeared to have a negative effect rather than a positive one. It would be easy to disregard her at this point since this was a very poor maiden, however i'd personally be prepared to give her one more chance in a lowly turf handicap if thats where connections decide to go next.

http://www.attheraces.com/VideoConsole/ ... 05_05_1600

Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:43 am
Handicapper

IFFRAAJ PINK turns up in handicap company for the first time in the 3.30 @ Salisbury, and although i like her and believe she will for sure be winning more races she doe's have her quirks, and i think she has unfortunately bumped into a better handicapped filly in the shape of the favourite today. Raushan looks a very genuine type, the form of her debut win looks to be stronger than anything else in the field and i expect she will improve on that today.... alas it is a LAY.

Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:56 am
Handicapper

Iffraaj Pink 5-214

As expected this contest was a little too hot for Iffraaj Pink yesterday, there was a lot of money for her which i was surprised about but she ran her race and didn't do anything wrong. The tv people suggested that Raushan didn't lose the race at the start but im pretty sure thats exactly where she blew it, the winner surprised me and she looks useful and id say the first two will turn out to be listed class fillies at least. Iffraaj Pink will pick off a couple more races before the seaon is out.

http://www.sportinglife.com/racing/resu ... icap/video

Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:38 pm
Handicapper

DUKE COSIMO turns up on the all weather in the 7.10 @ Kempton tonight, i said in the review of his last race he would struggle to win over six furlongs in future but the handicapper has apparently been lenient and has judged him on the opposition of his last win rather than the manner of victory, i dont think todays opponents are very good and if allowed to dictate matters again he'll be very hard to beat..... therefore it is a PLAY. 5/4

GRECIAN - 6.40 Kempton 12/1

Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:47 pm
Selling plater

Great stuff today johnny !!

Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:15 am
Handicapper

Duke Cosimo -211

Decent effort from Duke Cosimo yesterday, he has improved with every run and did well to quicken in the straight from an unpreferable position, i still think another furlong will bring more out.

http://www.sportinglife.com/racing/resu ... icap/video

Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:52 am
Group 1 winner

well done Johnny

Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:54 am
Profile WWW
Handicapper

PHAENOMENA 1.50 @ Newbury, It would be really great to see this one go in today what with her being the first runner from Warren Place since the sad passing of the great man on tuesday, unfortunately i can't see that happening. Her debut maiden was run on heavy ground which im sure she wouldn't have liked but even so she would have to do a lot of improving to get close to those she faced that day and this is a much stronger maiden. There are couple of really nice types in this race particularly the favourite Toast Of The Town who i fancy quite strongly as do a few others judging by the market. LAY... although i genuinely hope im wrong.

ASTONISHING - 2.50 Newbury 7/2

ETIJAAH - 8.20 Haydock 10/1

Last edited by johnny16dar on Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next