View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 2:42 pm

Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next
 A few to watch out for 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: A few to watch out for
johnny16dar wrote:
Fort Knox represents the list today as he takes his chance in the 2000 Guineas trial @ leopardstown, he has changed stable over the winter, now with Tommy Carmody having previously been with R Hannon. I dont see this as a negative in any way as his new trainer proved himsef at the very top level last season and it could indeed be a shrewd move by connections what with the Hannon team having so many options as far as 3yo milers go. He is obviously very well thought of being pitched into this but as you all know the ballydoyle brigade are so hard to beat on days like these. But still there was a lot to like about his 2nd run last season and it'll be interesting to see if he can mix it up with this lot.

You Are the man 7/1. Keep em coming. :D

Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:13 pm
Group 1 winner

Great tipping Johnny, you're on a real roll mate!

Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:22 pm
Handicapper

Fort Knox 71-1

Really good start to the season from Fort Knox on sunday. I heard Johnny Murtagh's interview on ATR the day after and i think he underplayed his performance in the saddle to a large degree, he took a good tug when they came out of the stalls and the horse settled really well at the rear, i have to admit i like murtagh thought he was a bit too far back just before they took the bend but he travelled great and was able make ground before they turned in, with a good position at the tail of the field. He showed he posessed a smart turn of foot on his 2nd start at the end of last season and that was evident again at Leopardstown coming with an impressive run on the outside to score by 1 3/4L from Dont Bother Me. If you have a look at the trees behind the finish line on the replay you'll see how strong the wind was, and which direction it was blowing (i can tell you all first hand it was wild in dublin that day!). I think murtagh was very canny in just taking an extra pull at the start, also in finding a nice bit of cover as they turned in... both of which i have no doubt saved enough for a finish into a strong headwind. Still fair dues to the horse, he could'nt have done it any nicer on seasonal debut and i'd imagine there is still a bit of improvement to come.

All being well he'll head for the Guineas now, which one has'nt been decided yet as he is entered in them all. Personally i'd think with a bit of improvement he'd have a chance against any iv'e seen so far bar Dawn Approach (he is different gravy imo), and dont see the point in going to france so he'd be heading to the irish 2000 if he were mine... but i wouldn't blame them at all if they went to have a crack at newmarket instead.

http://www.attheraces.com/VideoConsole/ ... 14_02_1435

Last edited by johnny16dar on Fri May 03, 2013 1:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:36 pm
Handicapper

2 list runners today

Enaitch takes her chance in the Tattersalls Millions 3yo Trophy, she has drifted badly in the market but she did put in a nice enough debut at the back end of last season over a mile, though in heavy ground... very different today. I suppose an ew punt today wouldn't be out of the question given she is more unexposed than most of these, is well thought of, and of course her price (33/1 at time of writing).

Fantasy In Blue not surprisingly makes a quick reappearacnce after running so well on debut, in the 6.55 @ wolverhampton. I'd be expecting bags of improvement given how green she was on first run and the step up in trip is also a positive. A win looks on the cards this evening.

Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:38 pm
Group 1 winner

thanks Johhny

Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:41 pm
Profile WWW
Handicapper

Iffraaj Pink gets her season under way in the 6.30 @ Haydock.
She put in a good debut at the end of last season despite running green. I really liked the look of her that day, she looked strong and powerful and i'd imagine the winter will have done her no harm at all. She is short in the betting but that is most likely a reflection of how much she is fancied to run well today!

Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:55 pm
Group 1 winner

On a day of second places (personally), I'm unsurprised!

Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:35 pm
Handicapper

Enaich 3-0

Disappointing start to the season from Enaich but i suppose it really shouldn't be considering she really was thrown in at the deep end, outpaced from start to finish its difficult to see her making up into anything other than a handicapper. Im certain she would prefer cut so the ground is somewhat an excuse and based on her debut she'll be wanting more of a test of stamina than 1m 2f so on this basis she may not be worth giving up on just yet.

http://www.sportinglife.com/racing/resu ... c3081e87a6

Fantasy In Blue 23

Fantasy In Blue didn't run as green as she did on debut, it clear she learned something from that but the expected improvement from the step up in trip didn't materialise as the first half of the race was run at a dawdle. She is small and probably has still a bit of growing to do yet. I wouldn't give up on her just yet as im sure her trainer will be able to squeeze a win or two out of her later in the season.

http://www.attheraces.com/VideoConsole/ ... 18_04_1855

Iffraaj Pink 5-2

I don't like to bash jockeys and i don't even think Rab Havlin necessarily did anything wrong on Iffraaj Pink, he was just completely out jocked by a man on fire on this occasion. The move Graham Lee made on the winner approaching the 3 pole sealed the favourites fate, he was wise to the move Havlin was making and just edged in to his left closing the gap Iffraaj Pink was aiming to get through, from there it was always going to be difficult to catch the winner although she gave it a really good try failing by a neck. I still retain a lot of faith in this one, she travelled like the winner all the way round and like i said showed a fighting spirit to be just touched off.

http://www.sportinglife.com/racing/resu ... akes/video

Fri May 03, 2013 1:18 pm
Handicapper

Enaitch has another attempt today in the 3.20 @ chepstow to prove why she still holds an oaks entry but its impossible to see her fulfilling that potential given her seasonal debut. Trip and ground wrong again today in my opinion but wont find an easier opportunity to score under these conditions what with the non runners. She has been described in another thread on the forum as 'dismally poor' (before editing) and 'ordinary' and im not sure that is fair at this stage of her career given her encouraging debut at the end of last season, im sure she has ability but these conditions won't play to her strengths and the stable form is something of a worry right now, plus there seems to be zero confidence in the market at this stage.

All in all i'd suggest a watching brief today, bide your time with this one, and wait until the positives outweigh the negatives... im certain at some point things will click... we'll be ready when they do!

Last edited by johnny16dar on Fri May 03, 2013 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri May 03, 2013 1:44 pm
Group 1 winner

cheers mate will keep an eye on her today

Fri May 03, 2013 1:46 pm
Profile WWW
Handicapper

Enaitch 3-03

Intentions were clear here after running 50 yards as Hitchcott heavily restrained Enaitch at the rear of the depleted field, all the above comments still apply for this one.

http://www.attheraces.com/VideoConsole/ ... 03_03_1520

Fri May 03, 2013 6:47 pm
Handicapper

KORANTAM bc (Galileo-Miss Beatrix) H R Cecil
Dam won the G1 moyglare stud stakes and the goffs million

This one has been removed from the list as he is no longer in training.

Fri May 03, 2013 7:44 pm
Group 1 winner

Any of your list out this weekend Johnny?

Fri May 03, 2013 10:28 pm
Handicapper

GS63 wrote:
Any of your list out this weekend Johnny?

Nothing in the forseeable G, although FEEL LIKE DANCING bc (Galileo-Maid Of Killeen) was one i seriously considered adding to the list before his debut a couple of weeks ago, although i backed him that day (8/1) i was still a bit sick i didn't put him up as he went in @ 5s :? Anyway it looks like he will take his chance in the chester vase on thursday, he's a half brother to cheveley park and coronation stakes winner Indian Ink... and he's one i like.

Sat May 04, 2013 1:55 pm
Group 1 winner

Noted.

Cheers Johnny.

Sat May 04, 2013 5:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next