View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 10:56 pm

Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 TOP BILLING - NH 
Selling plater

Post Re: TOP BILLING - NH
Hi all, the list has been quiet of late but we have 3 entries at Chepstow this Saturday thus far. Handazan has been entered for the 3-y-o juvenile hurdle at Chepstow, and with the ground as testing as it is, he should be competitive in what doesn't look an overly strong race. It wouldnt surprise me if Alan King waited a little longer to run him though, so he isn't a cert to run on Saturday. Module regarded as a 'handicap hurdler', is set to go Novice Chasing for Tom George in what looks a good turnout if running at Chepstow. The likes of Fingal Bay are in the declarations so it will not be an easy task should he run here and I would be surprised if George threw him against these at this stage of his career (only had 1 run in UK so far). Melodic Rendezvous has been entered for the novice hurdle and he will be very tough to beat. Jeremy Scott pencilled this in for his return a few weeks back and with having recorded a bumper win already over this tricky track, he should put his course experience to good use by winning this. Scott has his string in good form (15 from last 41).
Mister WK has a bumper entry on Thursday and with AP Mccoy booked for the ride, he will likely go off a shorter price then he should be so it may not be a betting proposition.

Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:59 am
Selling plater

As for my list, we have 3 runners declared to run this weekend:

Handazan runs in the juvenile hurdle at Chepstow due off at 1.55. He has been working well at Banbury Castle, and I know Alan likes him alot. He won his maiden on very soft ground earlier in the season when trained by John Oxx and his form overall on this type of ground, was very solid. It looks a particularly decent contest with Far West in their for Paul Nicholls and Axom Racing and also Charlie Longsdon runs a decent German filly called Acht. That said, I expect Handazan to go very close in this, and I am hopeful he can get the list off the mark.

Rigidity has been entered for a novice chase at Hexham and on his hurdles form he is entitled to go close for Tim Vaughan and Dougie Costello. He isn't the biggest horse so which is a little concerning, and he doesn't really strike me as a chaser. The ground up at Hexham is very bad at the moment which will suit Rigidity, and Vaughan wouldn't have gone up there if he didn't have a chance. Rick could be the one to beat on debut for John Ferguson, who strikes me as a decent chasing recruit although he isn't sure to act on this ground. My overall assumption of Rigidity is hopeful.

Mister WK makes his debut in the finale on Sunday at FFos Las. He has been working well with Rebecca Curtis, and I know there are high hopes for him in this. He has been pulled out 3 times prior to this so it is interesting that they have finally declared him in this. Each time he has been put in the declarations, AP Mccoy has been booked for the ride, and he will take the ride on this gelding for his debut. The soft ground is an unknown but he should go on it been out of Definite Article (25% soft ground with progeny) and I think he is entitled to go close. He is forecasted 13/8 which is very short, but hopefully he can be another winner for the list.

Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:18 pm
Selling plater

Slow start for the list but with the exception of Handazan who ran well enough when 2nd today, the Cheltenham Festival hopes from our list, have yet to run.

I thought Rigidity was dissapointing today on his fences debut at Hexham but why Tim is going that route I dont know. He isnt very big and he wasnt too fluent over hurdles and in reality, I dont think Vaughan knows what he is doing with this gelding. He is only 2lbs higher then when 1/2l 2nd in the Ladbroke over hurdles so their should be damage to do over hurdles. Having said that, he looked in need of the run today and that was reflected in his drift in the market. He should be alot more competitive next tike whether they go for a hurdle/chase.

I was happy with Handazan on his debut over hurdles. He wasnt travelling during the race and he raced very lazily (did on the flat) but stayed on well enough under a light ride for a 12l 2nd behind Far West. It was a good introduction and I suspect improvement will be forthcoming when gelded before his next run and surely King will be looking to brush up his hurdling. Races definitely to be won with him and I still have high hopes for him. The winner Far West looked much the fitter for today so I am not too excited by him and it would be dissapointing if Nicholls hasnt got better then him in his stable for all he did do it well today. I feel Handazan will turn out to be the better horse in time, but time will tell.

Was kind of dissapointed with Fingal Bay today, feel Module could have beaten him had he been given the go ahead by Tom George. It was no surprise to see George hang onto him a bit longer, and I do feel he is a very bright prospect this season.

Mister W K lines up tomorrow, hoping to get the list of to a winning start but I feel this could turn out to be a fairly decent bumper and he will have to be above average to take this. Rebecca thinks alot of him, but I know Nigel T-Davies thinks the same about his runner, so this should be an interesting learning curve regarding the son of Definite Article.

Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:06 am
Selling plater

Mister Wk was an eased down 10l winner on his debut at Ffos Las on his debut on Sunday to get the ball rolling with regards to the list.

We have a runner tomorrow in the shape of Jonjo O'neill's Eastlake who runs in the 3.55 at Wetherby. Although AP and Jonjo are in good form, and the fact that the horse is well handicapped at present, I think 2m 4f on softish ground is going to test the horse's stamina to the limit here, and his weak finishing might come into play towards the finish. He has been dropped a 1lb for his latest run which will help and his only career run at Wetherby to date, was a 1l success in a novice chase (albeit a 3 runner race). My overall assumption is that while I wouldnt be surprised if he was good enough to win, a think a place is a more realistic hope. When he drops to 2m, get in the cue

Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:48 pm
Selling plater

Eastlake embarrased himself, his connections and the list with a shocking effort at Wetherby today. To me, he didn't set up to win, he just forced the pace, set it up for the horses behind and dropped away very tamely. He was a drifter in the market which is usually a concern when associating JP Mcmanus, and I can't say I didn't think he would cope with the 2m 4f trip. I am no expert in racing but it is clear that he doesn;t stay this trip, he wants 2m. He is 5 from 6 at that distance and 0 from 8 at longer distances. I have just heard that this horse will be having a wind-op, maybe that's why he hasn't been seeing out his races. I will keep the faith in him as I know he could be decent when dropped to 2m, he could easily bolt up in the Grand Annual at Cheltenham if Jonjo can sort this horse out. Don't like to be too critical of the trainer, but it is poor training not noticing the horse's best distance.

I am interested to see how Harry Fry's first runner does tomorrow. He runs Subtle Sovereign in the opener at Wincanton and when down the field in 2 decent bumpers with Paul Nicholls, he did give me the impression that he will stay well and I have been noticing Fry has pulled out many of his over the past fortnight so I get the impression Fry is looking to start his training career on a high. The trip should suit and Nick Schofield has been booked for the ride. Phillip Hobbs and Paul Nicholls send out 2 decent point winners, so it will be interesting to see the betting when bookmakers price this up. Won't be having a bet I don't think but this should be an interesting and informative Novice Hurdle.

No runners on the list declared in the next few days but I think Rebel Du Marquis could be tough to beat if getting the green light to run at Cheltenham on Saturday for Paul Nicholls.

Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:11 pm
Selling plater

The list has 2 runners tomorrow, and both look very exciting.

Melodic Rendezvous makes his hurdling debut in a fair looking novice heat due off at 2.40. He had top form as a bumper horse including a 2nd to no other then Champagne Fever in the G1 bumper in Punchestown on ground that wouldnt have suited. MR will appreciate today's ground and this should be a good guide for the season to come with Paul running the potentially useful Mr Mole, who hosed up on his only start thus far in a Hereford bumper and since was bought by JP Mcmanus. I am quite confident that Melodic Rendezvous will go close here for all it will be an interesting learning curve regarding how good this horse can be.

Module then runs in the novice chase and followers/friends of me, will know I rate this horse very highly. The horse is a bit of a machine, and I am so excited to see how he does at Exeter tomorrow. It is a good turn up, with the likes of Phillip Hobbs, Colin Tizzard and Paul Nicholls running potentially nice chasers but I will be very dissapointed if Module can't win this. Ive backed him at 94 on Betfair for the Arkle and Tom George has his string in good form. The ground will suit him, and if he takes to fences as much as I can see, he will take all the beating. 3/1 forecast price is value.

Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:01 am
Selling plater

Melodic Rendezvous ran well enough to finish 2nd over 2m in a race that wouldn't have suited given the poor ground, and the trip been slightly on the short side. He travelled well enough and he wasn't exactly given a rough ride by Nick Schofield, so their is definitely more to come from this horse. The winner Mr Mole looks a very nice sort, and this looks a novice hurdle race to follow especially the useful looking third as well The Italian Yob from Nick William's yard. Melodic Rendezvous was meant to strip fitter for this run according to Jeremy Scott's caption in the Racing Post so I definitely haven't lost the faith in him just yet. A step up to 2m 4f could be the oracle for him, plus he needs better ground then he endured on the West Country today.

Module unfortunately fell and shipped Paddy Brennan at the 4th last fence where to me he looked the likely winner (might be been biased, but ill let you decide!). He jumped relatively well and unfortunately he went in to close at one and paid the price. No mercy kind of stuff considering some of the mistakes from his rivals and they got away with it but that's jump racing and Tom George and Paddy will have to brush him down before coming back to the racecourse. He has a big engine, and I like Melodic Rendezvous think their is alot more to come. Again he will need 2m 4f in time, and he could be a nice Jewson horse for the season upcoming.

The list currently has a 14% strike rate (1/7) with the list -5.75 thus far

Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:43 pm
Selling plater

We have a runner tomorrow in the shape of Ballyclough who makes his eagerly awaited handicap debut at Carlisle. Off a mark of 119 he could be absolutely thrown in here on potential, but soft ground is a big unknown and this horse strikes me as a good mover hence his best performances have come on better ground. It doesn't look a bad turn up with Ahyaknowyourself and Seedless setting a good standard on form. Ballyclough is probably the best handicapped horse in the field but with the ground as it is up north, it is a small win chance at best. Mccoy got the list off the mark, can he get us to winner number 2 perhaps? He has moved from 4/1 into 3/1 which suggests confidence is high.

Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:42 pm
Selling plater

Ballyclough was a big dissapointment, but clearly there is issues to be sorted out with him, as he tailed himself off after the 2nd hurdle, and to me he is in need of a tongue strap for his next run as to me, his breathing isn't very good. He didn't settle and basically it couldn't have gone any worse. Sort of somes up the slow start to the list thus far.

We have quite a few runners this weekend:

Salubrious bids to get the list its first graded winner when it lines up in the Silver Trophy at Chepstow. He has looked gradually progressive in 3 starts so far, and I know Paul has high hopes for him this season especially when he jumps a fence. He seems well enough treated off 129, but he still is relatively inexperienced and that has to be a concern in a big field handicap hurdle around Chepstow, of all tracks. The ground won't be a problem for him and with Nicholls in such form, it wouldn't be a surprise if he won but I suspect that he will go off a relatively short price, which he doesn't deserve to be.

Empire Levant goes for the opening race on Aintree's Old Roan Chase card, and he looks to have a tough task off a mark of 139. He is another who will be going chasing later on in the season, but at least he has able 7lbs claimer Harry Derham on top. He was a good 2nd to Champion Hurdle winner Rock On Ruby off 12lbs lower and if in that form, he would have an e/w chance. Again with the Nicholls yard in hot form, it wouldn't be a surprise to see him go close, but I'd be a little surprised if there wasn't something better handicapped then him to take this. E/w chance at best.

Tataniano should hack up in the 4.50 and provide winner number 2. He is a class act, and has a superb record fresh, and he won the corresponding race 12 months ago. He is only 3lbs higher, and I will be very dissapointed if he can't win this. He has that vital course win and with Ruby booked, we will take all the beating

Amazing on sunday, all 3 juveniles I picked all race against EACH OTHER:

Handazan has a run to his name and he was a decent 2nd on debut where he just didn't jump efficiently enough and he paid the price for that, finishing 2nd to a useful Paul Nicholls hurdling recruit- Far West. It is a surprise that they have come here just 2 weeks later, and the fact that he hasn't been gelded yet is a little concerning. I have him backed for the Triumph at 40/1, so I hope he is the one that takes this, but this looks as hot as race as the race he contested on debut, so I have slight doubts.

Counsel has been ready to run for a while now and Donald Mccain reports him in good form. He doesn't want the ground too soft, and is a horse I expect to need this. That said, Mccain does well at Aintree and he did have some fair form on the level. I just don't think he is as good as the other 2, so he would definitely be the list ''3rd string'' here.

Then comes the interesting Nicholls runner For Two who is the dark horse and a bit of an unknown quanity. He hacked up on his only start in France on softish ground and he was bought for a fair bit by top owner Graham Wylie. Paul mentioned him as a very bright prospect in his stable open day, and he has since compared him to Hinterland. He will be good over a fence one day, but I suspect he is above average, and he looks the most probable winner in this for all there won't be much between the 3 list runners in my opinion. Only moidore can spoil the party, but even he doesn't want the ground too soft.

Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:34 pm
Selling plater

BOOM with Theatre Guide. Made Hinterland look like plating class. Ahahahhaha.

Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:19 am
Selling plater

Counsel wins at 6/1!! 2nd winner from my juvenile trio and thats winner number four for the list.

We are 4/20 overall (20%) and 75p upto a £1 stake.

Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:07 pm
Selling plater

My list performance so far;

October

06- Zarafshan 5/2 5/7 -1.00

13- Handazan evens 2/8 -1.00

13- Rigidity 6/1 5/10 -1.00

14- Mister WK 5/4 1/9 +1.25

17- Eastlake 7/1 9/12 -1.00

23- Melodic Rendezvous 6/5 2/14 -1.00

23- Module 5/2 F/10 -1.00

25- Ballyclough 10/3 4/5 -1.00

27- Empire Levant 9/4 U/14 -1.00

27- Salubrious 5/2 4/13 -1.00

27- Tataniano 7/4 5/7 -1.00

28- Handazan 3/1 1/7 +3.00 |

28- For Two 2/1 2/7 -1.00 | Same Race

28- Counsel 7/1 4/7 -1.00 |

30- Eastlake 20/1 7/11 -1.00

TOTAL -8.75

November

03- Ted Spread 6/1 10/13 -1.00

06- Theatre Guide 6/1 1/5 +6.00

09- Rigidity 85/40 2/5 -1.00

10- Your Tepee Or Mine 7/4 10/10 -1.00

14- Counsel 6/1 1/7 +6.00

16- River Maigue 4/1 2/8 -1.00

17- Up and Go 1/3 1/5 +0.33

18- Captain Conan 11/10 1/6 +1.10

TOTAL (SO FAR) 9.43

Big improvement in the list after a poor start, think we have some Festival winners lurking

Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:22 pm
Handicapper

Theatre guide tomorrow Dman, what your thoughts? Dynaste looks fairly useful... though did take the eye out on first start last season before disappointing... Court in motion form let down today by houblon des obeaux, cant see Benefficient running (in hindsight connections probably wishing they had waited for this) and There's no Panic not in this league imo, the others can be struck out.

Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:47 am
Selling plater

Sorry mate, been on holiday for a week, only just saw this, while I thought Dynaste would win, I did expect Theatre Guide to finish 2nd to him and to see him finish last was very dissapointing. I think this is a horse that needs better ground, and seems a horse better on stiff tracks? I still think he could be a nice prospect, but Dynaste looks very good at this stage.

Snake Eyes was an embarrasing 2nd on his debut over hurdles last week, been a beaten favourite at 1/6!! He travelled well, but he didnt really find much under pressure and his jumping was far from fluent. There is alot more to come from this horse, but in order to go to the top, you need to jump well and this horse needs to brush up in that department.

Tataniano has just lost the plot this year, seems too fragiile and maybe his injuries are taking its toll on him. Champion Chase? Wouldnt win a 1 runner race at the moment.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:03 pm
Selling plater

Fair to say Up and Go was dissapointing at Sandown today. He was raised significantly in class for his hurdles debut and although the ground wasnt ideal, I expected more from him.

Captain Conan is out tomorrow, looking forward to seeing him i must say, lovely horse !

Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:53 am
Reply to topic   [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next