View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:55 pm

Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Hennessy Gold Cup 
Handicapper

Post Re: Hennessy Gold Cup
Yep have heard about the Frisco Depot thing myself and dont get it either.. at the same time if anyone had told you this time last year that Synchronised would be a Lexus and gold cup winner would you have believed them?... some NH horses just have supernatural improvement in them that nobody can ever predict. Definitely one i'll be keeping an eye on but not my money at this stage.

There is one from these shores whom i believe to be the second coming though.. im afraid to utter his name at this stage in case i curse him but all i can say is that i call him 'The Machine Beast' and i believe him to be unbeatable.... as the season unfolds i believe ALL will be trailing in his wake!!

Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:16 am
Group 3 winner

I havent heard anything about Frisco Depot, hes just a horse ive always liked in Ireland when Dessie Hughes trained him, he first came to my attention when beating Shot From The Hip in what I thought at the time was a hot maiden, I think I put him up when he won first time over fences, I backed him anyway. He gave Flemenstar a bit of a race for a brief moment in a novice chase last season, I dont think he is top top class but I think he is a decent animal and is well handicapped off 141. He was running a big race at Ascot before falling despite being keen and making a few mistakes, he has the potential to run a big race off this mark imo and he certainly wont mind the ground.

Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:19 am
Group 1 winner

DocHay wrote:
Only way I would give Long Run a look in any of the big races this year is if Barry Gerraghty was on, that aint going to happen so ill be looking elsewhere, I dont think he is as good as we all thought and there are some serious young horses coming through. The Lexus in Ireland is going to be a hot race and I can see the Gold Cup winner coming from that as it did last year, it will be a stronger race than the King George for my money with Sir Des Champs, Hidden Cyclone, Flemenstar, Rubi Light, Weapons Amnesty and First Lieutenant, thats the race im looking forward to over the christmas period.

As for the Hennessy I will be backing Frisco Depot 10/1 despite the burden of SWC, I think hes well handicapped off 141.

The king George I think will actually be stronger, 3 from Henderson, al ferof, kauto stone,cue card, plus possibly sdc as his target has not been decided yet. As for the gold cup, I still think silviniaco conti is the one to beat.

Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:47 am
Group 1 winner

i wrote on your blog think it was wednesday Jamie that is was between Bobs Worth & First Lieutenant
backed both e/w so 1st & 3rd not half bad

Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:35 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
i wrote on your blog think it was wednesday Jamie that is was between Bobs Worth & First Lieutenant
backed both e/w so 1st & 3rd not half bad

Good shout mate. Did an an extra ew bet on First Lieutenant myself as thought he was overpriced.

Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:35 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

think last years novices were well in
they look a good batch

Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:43 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Can't have bobs worth for the gc though, he was getting 6lb from tidal bay and didn't beat him well enough to justify having him ahead of TB. His was the best performance IMO, but I still have silviniaco conti for the gc as my pick so far

Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:13 pm
Group 2 winner

If Sir des Champs can prove he stays at least 3 miles+ then he will be hard to beat at Cheltenham where he has produced 2 brilliant festival wins already.

I still believe a flat 3 miles round Kempton will be the optimum trip for Grand Crus and im writing off his poor run in the paddy power (i believe he has had an operation on the problem?). As others have said Captain Chris looked very classy at Ascot and 12/1 is a big price. Im going to wait until the 5 day declarations but if the prices dont change too much then Grand Crus and Captain Chris both ew will be my picks for the King George.

Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:11 am
Group 3 winner

No chance Sir Des Champs will run in the King George, 100% the Lexus, 99% via the John Durkan.

And Tidal Bay will be beaten out of sight in Ireland, wont be in the first 4 if they all turn up.

Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:37 am
Group 2 winner

DocHay wrote:
No chance Sir Des Champs will run in the King George, 100% the Lexus, 99% via the John Durkan.

And Tidal Bay will be beaten out of sight in Ireland, wont be in the first 4 if they all turn up.

I agree, Sir Des Champs next run in England will be at the festival and Tidal Bay needs to improve by another stone to win in Ireland.

I just hope Mullins horses are in better form than they were at the the festival in March. Too many of his runners were below par.

Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:05 am
Handicapper

johnny16dar wrote:
The Duke wrote:
The dream is still alive Bazdev! He made the final entries list, hopefully he goes to post on Saturday and romps up (doubtful!).

:lol:

Dougie Costello has chosen to go to newbury on saturday to ride Saint Are and in doing so has forsaken the ride on Countrywide Flame in the fighting fifth @ newcastle.. considering the latter has a major chance of being in the money at least i think this is a tip in itself.
Fair play to you Duke for putting this one up and i hope it comes off for ya!

!4/1 for the G3 hcap @ cheltenham tomorrow.. depends whether the fall in the henessy has proved a bother but if not could be ready to do justice.. seems a big price for a horse that was fancied for a big race.

Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:02 pm
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2