View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:15 am

Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Hennessy Gold Cup 
Group 1 winner

Post Hennessy Gold Cup
Done a big preview of the race over on the website that might be of use to some of you.

http://www.ohracing.net/blog/hennessy-g ... eview-2012

Thanks. :D

Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:00 pm
Profile WWW
Handicapper

Post Re: Hennessy Gold Cup
Good write up mate, hope your right, had a few quid on Saint Are last week :)

Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:52 pm
Handicapper

Hold on Julio for me 7/1

Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:32 pm
Group 1 winner

Looks like Saint Are is going to be a non-runner. :oops: :evil:

Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:04 pm
Profile WWW
Handicapper

The Duke wrote:
Looks like Saint Are is going to be a non-runner. :oops: :evil:

Thats my antepost curse. Every horse I back is a non runner, got Long Run for the Gold Cup, so don't expect it to turn up on the day

Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:54 pm
Selling plater

Ante-post bets are a bookies dream...My advice is take a shorter price when the 4 day decs are done...Golden rules boys(and girls)...Better to take a shorter price on a non runner=no bet, than getting a bigger price on a losing non runner...

Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:33 pm
Group 1 winner

The dream is still alive Bazdev! He made the final entries list, hopefully he goes to post on Saturday and romps up (doubtful!).

:lol:

Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:45 pm
Profile WWW
Handicapper

Solarwarrior wrote:
Ante-post bets are a bookies dream...My advice is take a shorter price when the 4 day decs are done...Golden rules boys(and girls)...Better to take a shorter price on a non runner=no bet, than getting a bigger price on a losing non runner...

If Long Run wins the King George (which I think he will), you won't be able to get anywhere near the 8/1 and 9/1 I have already took for the Gold Cup.

If he is injured beforehand thats the risk you take.

Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:54 pm
Handicapper

The Duke wrote:
The dream is still alive Bazdev! He made the final entries list, hopefully he goes to post on Saturday and romps up (doubtful!).

:lol:

Dougie Costello has chosen to go to newbury on saturday to ride Saint Are and in doing so has forsaken the ride on Countrywide Flame in the fighting fifth @ newcastle.. considering the latter has a major chance of being in the money at least i think this is a tip in itself.
Fair play to you Duke for putting this one up and i hope it comes off for ya!

Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:03 pm
Handicapper

bazdev wrote:
Solarwarrior wrote:

If Long Run wins the King George (which I think he will), you won't be able to get anywhere near the 8/1 and 9/1 I have already took for the Gold Cup.

Here is the 1st 16 in the betting for the King George with best prices

Long Run 7/2
Al Ferof 6/1
Cue Card 8/1
Sizing Europe 10/1
Riverside Theatre 10/1
Captain Chris 12/1
Grand Crus 12/1
Finnians Rainbow 12/1
Sir Des Champs 14/1
Kauto Stone 16/1
Bobs Worth 16/1
The Giant Bolster 25/1
Cristal Bonus 25/1
Champion Court 33/1
For Non Stop 33/1
Hunt Ball 33/1

How you or anyone could be confident about Long Run winning this race is truly beond me.... just look at the opposition and the prices availabe. I think Captain Chris was impressive at the weekend, looked a different animal to last season, i backed him in the KG last year and i will no doubt be doing so again... a bit closer to the day of course.

As far as the gold cup is concerned i personally think it will be heading to ireland this year but i do think The Giant Bolster @ 25/1 is a good ew price... very taken with his run in the betfair considering connections stated that the GC is their main aim and surely wasn't fully wound up for haydock.

Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:21 pm
Handicapper

johnny16dar wrote:
bazdev wrote:
Solarwarrior wrote:

Here is the 1st 16 in the betting for the King George with best prices

Long Run 7/2
Al Ferof 6/1
Cue Card 8/1
Sizing Europe 10/1
Riverside Theatre 10/1
Captain Chris 12/1
Grand Crus 12/1
Finnians Rainbow 12/1
Sir Des Champs 14/1
Kauto Stone 16/1
Bobs Worth 16/1
The Giant Bolster 25/1
Cristal Bonus 25/1
Champion Court 33/1
For Non Stop 33/1
Hunt Ball 33/1

How you or anyone could be confident about Long Run winning this race is truly beond me.... just look at the opposition and the prices availabe. I think Captain Chris was impressive at the weekend, looked a different animal to last season, i backed him in the KG last year and i will no doubt be doing so again... a bit closer to the day of course.

As far as the gold cup is concerned i personally think it will be heading to ireland this year but i do think The Giant Bolster @ 25/1 is a good ew price... very taken with his run in the betfair considering connections stated that the GC is their main aim and surely wasn't fully wound up for haydock.

Long Run used last week as a prep run, no ear plugs and the jockey told not to get in a duel up the straight. I think Long Run is the best chaser out there and will do the King George/Gold Cup double this season.

The only danger I see in the King George is Sir Des Champs but it's been said that Willie Mullins would favour a race in Ireland than a trip to Kempton for him so I will have a bit on Long Run tomorrow at the 7/2 if I can get it

Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:41 pm
Handicapper

Good luck to you with your bet on Long Run Baz, and i mean that.. but im certain he has lost the pace he once had.
The king george has always been a race with an emphasis on speed and if you look at the rest of the field so far declared he stands out as one who is certainly lacking, id be seriously cosidering laying him for a place.. no matter how bullish connections are!

Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:53 pm
Handicapper

johnny16dar wrote:
Good luck to you with your bet on Long Run Baz, and i mean that.. but im certain he has lost the pace he once had.
The king george has always been a race with an emphasis on speed and if you look at the rest of the field so far declared he stands out as one who is certainly lacking, id be seriously cosidering laying him for a place.. no matter how bullish connections are!

I want him to bowl along in front which I think they might try and outbattle everything that comes at him

Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:48 pm
Group 3 winner

Only way I would give Long Run a look in any of the big races this year is if Barry Gerraghty was on, that aint going to happen so ill be looking elsewhere, I dont think he is as good as we all thought and there are some serious young horses coming through. The Lexus in Ireland is going to be a hot race and I can see the Gold Cup winner coming from that as it did last year, it will be a stronger race than the King George for my money with Sir Des Champs, Hidden Cyclone, Flemenstar, Rubi Light, Weapons Amnesty and First Lieutenant, thats the race im looking forward to over the christmas period.

As for the Hennessy I will be backing Frisco Depot 10/1 despite the burden of SWC, I think hes well handicapped off 141.

Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:32 pm
Handicapper

Loads of people keep mentioning Frisco Depot but I dont see it. I dont deny he has a chance, that is fairly obvious but I lot of informed punters are backing him. Fair play is he comes in though!

Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next