View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:09 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 C4 racing 
Selling plater

Post C4 racing
Just interested in everyones thoughts on the new C4 racing a month in. I cant stand it. I'm not a fan of Clare Balding- wasnt on BBC and just think it lacks something. Cape tribulation getting very little recognition from them giving 6lb to Imperial Commander.

Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:57 pm
Group 1 winner

Post Re: C4 racing
HATE IT, HATE IT, HATE IT! :evil:
Clare Balding makes the most ridiculous remarks 'Racing could almost be a soap opera with all these horses and people related to one another' was a cracker. Eurghhh. Also the comment about At Fishers Cross proving he could stay the trip of 2m4f even though he's already won over 3m. Finally and the best of all when she asked Nick Williams of all people, after telling him that Nicky Henderson was still unsure about where to send Oscar Whiskey, 'where do you think you'll be heading for the Festival'. I mean give me a bl**dy break! Hmmmmm let me see Clare well he's won two top 3 mile hurdle races so I reckon I'm going to run him in the Champion Chase, you see he's distantly related to Sprinter Sacre so I reckon with the family politics going on Sprinter ought to give us this race. :roll: :roll: :roll: :shock:

Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:44 pm
Group 1 winner

I'm fine with it, no worse than before except the inevitable loss of francome and the strange decision to keep Alice plunked who is completely clueless but drop alistair down. Just wondering, why was there such a disparity in the weights for today's race, there was 10lb between midnight chase and imperial commander?

Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:18 pm
Group 1 winner

i think they got a weight allowance because he had not raced over past 12 months cant be sure has to be somthing to do with that he
should have had a g1 penalty

Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:01 am
Profile WWW
Group 2 winner

In yesterdays racecard it said penalties for the Argento chase were for horses recent success. So as IC hadnt run in nearly 2 years he went with no penalties.

Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:52 am
Group 1 winner

Pricey wrote:
In yesterdays racecard it said penalties for the Argento chase were for horses recent success. So as IC hadnt run in nearly 2 years he went with no penalties.

thought it had to be somthing like that cheers Pricey

Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:47 am
Profile WWW
Selling plater

I have never liked the post race interview with person running alongside the winning horse talking to an out of breath and obviously irritated jockey - it seems so pointless to me.

The new format is not as good and has lost some of the best people - although if its Clare or Thommo give me Clare every time!

Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:21 am
Group 1 winner

I don't normally mind the post race interviews however at Cheltenham they shouldn't happen on the walk back to the enclosure in front of the stands, ruins the moment for the jockey.

Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:42 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]