View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:34 am

Reply to topic  [ 629 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next
 TOP BILLING 
Group 3 winner

Post Re: TOP BILLING
counting days down to the arc! cant wait! :)

http://www.racingpost.com/horses2/cards ... ceTabs=sc_

Kauto Star, Brave Inca, Hurricane Fly, Arkle http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arkle, Ruby Walsh, Paul Nichols, Ouija Board, Goldikova, Peeping Fawn, Harbringer, Sea The Stars, Frankel, Hear The Echo, just some of my favs. in betting and fun! ;)

Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:55 pm
Handicapper

Dancing Brave wrote:
To be honest, the Juddmonte reports on the juveniles have largely been a bit muted so far, but it is still relatively early days. You've seen Kingman and Joyeuse already; Sir Michael has a Dubawi filly called Radiator that has been getting good mentions and Charlie has a Mizzen Mast colt called Computer that they seem to rate a bit, as well as the listed filly, Cambridge. Roger Charlton has Hooded, whose on the list, and he is plenty keen on him, while the other four I put on there were more on breeding only; I haven't heard much about any of them yet, though Colourful was late into the yard, but I do know all four are physically, very nice, scopey types who look the part. Only other one I would mention, as I was tempted to put her on the list, but refrained, would be Surcingle the second foal of Promising Lead, by Empire Maker who is in training down at Freemason.

As for Lanigan, stay loyal to Tinghir. He is a tool and I would not be surprised if he was running in Group races next season; keep the patience with him as he needs cut, but when he gets it, he is absolutely thrown in and could have a big race in him come the end of the season, when the ground comes back his way!!
Pluto is on his way back from a bout of colic, so may not be one to catch on return, but the handicapper doesn't yet have his measure.
He has a little brother called Rembrandt Van Rijn who has had his problems, but will be very interesting once handicapped and given a trip next year, as he looks to have ability in there. Another to watch for once rated is Highplains Drifter!!
They have a nice Sea The Stars filly called Placidia (took her off the list as needed the slot for a colt that slipped my mind) who will be one to watch once qualified and stretched out, but they also have two nice colts from that sire as well, in Alighieri and Hoist The Colours and David does like the latter quite a lot. Stick with that yard, they are going places!! :wink:

some of these not on list piper
but should note them as well mate
surcingle, cambridge, radiator
tinghir and plutocracy all won
since after he wrote this so reckon
others worth remembering also

Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:00 am
Handicapper

excited about arc
reckon between treve
and orfevre
different gear to the rest

Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:20 am
Group 1 winner

My Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe Blog
http://www.aidanobrienfansite.com/prix- ... e-blog.php

Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:10 pm
Profile WWW
Handicapper

GS63 wrote:
I hope DB is looking in on this thread somewhere exotic, and is getting tempted to come back on the forum........You out there DB old bean?

I don't think you'll be seeing DB back anytime soon, but he's doing well and knowing him I'm sure he still keeps an eye out on the horses, particularly the Juddmonte runners.

Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:21 pm
Profile WWW
Handicapper

tinghir goes in again
:lol: 8/1 woooop

Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:59 pm
Group 1 winner

Done a 2.50 Win Trixie on Tinghir (8/1), Cailin Annamh (9/4)and Alpine Mysteries (9/2). First two have gone in!! Nice to see DB's legacy still giving us some cracking bets! I wish the man a bloody good life!

Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:01 pm
Handicapper

good luck to you
with last horse

Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:00 pm
Group 1 winner

heads up
Paddy Power going 1,2,3,4 - 1/4 odds in arc
decent offer IMO

Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:02 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Yep, took 66/1 on Joshua Tree e/w. 4 places pretty good value for an e/w punt I agree.

Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:12 pm
Handicapper

Post Re: Reply
Dancing Brave wrote:
I maybe didn't pay enough respect to the fact it was only eight days ago she ran prior, and just a fortnight before that when she made her seasonal return. A little break certainly looks the order of the day.

It was fairly early on last season that it became evident on the gallops Big Break had a future, and twelve months later, another light shines bright; keep a little note of a horse called Free Eagle for the Rosewell team. He is a nice colt from a good Moyglare family and if he maintains the abundance of early promise shown so far, he could make an impression amidst the better races later in the year. He'll be very much a three-year-old and I would expect him to be campaigned as such, with middle-distances his likely want in time, but reports indicate he doesn't lack for speed in hos work and could well find seven furlongs well within his grasp on debut.

While on the juvenile subject, one other to note, quite possibly for next season again more than this is a horse called Sarpech. He was an expensive purchase by Qatar Racing, 430,000gns and is in training with Sir Mark Prescott. A son of Sea The Stars and half-brother to Youmzain, he hails from a strong, classy middle-distance family and is rumoured to be thought more than useful. The yard know how to win maidens with the good ones, but would want to see him start off at no less than a mile, given breeding and ultimately, he'll be very much one for the future; maybe more as an older horse than Classic year even.

sarpech in my tracker
runs tomorrow nottinham

Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:53 pm
Handicapper

why did juddmonte hire doyle
he is such an ordinary jockey
and has been atrocious
since getting the job
his rides in france showed him up
for the average rider he is
so why hire him at expense
of having moore buick quealy
riding your horses makes no sense

Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:46 am
Group 1 winner

Your signature pretty much sums up your viewpoint on Doyle SYT. He is a fantastic pilot, one of the very best and still improving.

Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:46 pm
Profile WWW
Handicapper

Keep a close eye on Tuddenham at York on Saturday. He was due to debut last week before Salisbury turned into Hackney Marshes, he is a nice colt who should run well.

His stablemate, and another on DB's list, Computer has been signed off for the year; he has had a couple of setbacks and is only trotting at the moment, but he is a name to remember for next Spring.

Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:49 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Nasty Nas8 wrote:
Keep a close eye on Tuddenham at York on Saturday. He was due to debut last week before Salisbury turned into Hackney Marshes, he is a nice colt who should run well.

Hope you're right Matt, drifting from 14/1 to 20/1 in the market doesn't inspire confidence though. Still had a small flutter nonetheless.....

Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:00 pm
Reply to topic   [ 629 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next