View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 7:11 am

Reply to topic  [ 629 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next
 TOP BILLING 
Handicapper

Post Re: Reply
Dancing Brave wrote:
To be honest, the Juddmonte reports on the juveniles have largely been a bit muted so far, but it is still relatively early days. You've seen Kingman and Joyeuse already; Sir Michael has a Dubawi filly called Radiator that has been getting good mentions and Charlie has a Mizzen Mast colt called Computer that they seem to rate a bit, as well as the listed filly, Cambridge. Roger Charlton has Hooded, whose on the list, and he is plenty keen on him, while the other four I put on there were more on breeding only; I haven't heard much about any of them yet, though Colourful was late into the yard, but I do know all four are physically, very nice, scopey types who look the part. Only other one I would mention, as I was tempted to put her on the list, but refrained, would be Surcingle the second foal of Promising Lead, by Empire Maker who is in training down at Freemason.

As for Lanigan, stay loyal to Tinghir. He is a tool and I would not be surprised if he was running in Group races next season; keep the patience with him as he needs cut, but when he gets it, he is absolutely thrown in and could have a big race in him come the end of the season, when the ground comes back his way!!
Pluto is on his way back from a bout of colic, so may not be one to catch on return, but the handicapper doesn't yet have his measure.
He has a little brother called Rembrandt Van Rijn who has had his problems, but will be very interesting once handicapped and given a trip next year, as he looks to have ability in there. Another to watch for once rated is Highplains Drifter!!
They have a nice Sea The Stars filly called Placidia (took her off the list as needed the slot for a colt that slipped my mind) who will be one to watch once qualified and stretched out, but they also have two nice colts from that sire as well, in Alighieri and Hoist The Colours and David does like the latter quite a lot. Stick with that yard, they are going places!! :wink:

don't know which page it on
but remember reading him talk
about him few months before
dont know if named at that time
this place all very quiet now he gone
:(

Last edited by So You Think on Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:23 am, edited 5 times in total.

Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:57 am
Handicapper

Post Re: TOP BILLING
tinghir 4/1 bolts in :lol:
love it
anyone see radiator
looked a smart win

Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:55 pm
Group 1 winner

very impressive won by a country mile i would look at backing her in oaks over the guineas
seems to be stoutes way

quick question why was Doyle not on her

Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:01 pm
Profile WWW
Selling plater

Post haydock saturday
for the sprint cup & other, have you got idea in the soft ground?

Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:12 pm
Group 3 winner

surprisingly quiet round here for saturday. is everybody away on holidays? :)

the Red Mills Irish Champion Stakes looks very interesting race

i still fancy Declaration of War to win again, at Leopardstown today 11/4

and

SLADE POWER 3.50 Haydock 15-2

am gonna give him ago

as pj said watch out for Australia-

2-y-o (08Apr11 ch c)
Galileo (IRE) (11.2f) — Ouija Board (Cape Cross (IRE) (9.0f))

and yes that is also capecross daddy of SeaTheStars! :)

Kauto Star, Brave Inca, Hurricane Fly, Arkle http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arkle, Ruby Walsh, Paul Nichols, Ouija Board, Goldikova, Peeping Fawn, Harbringer, Sea The Stars, Frankel, Hear The Echo, just some of my favs. in betting and fun! ;)

Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:53 am
Group 1 winner

Racing post says Australia needs to improve a stone to get close to free eagle
never heard such poppycock Australia to win and really shake up the Derby betting

Say is going well this morning my cousin looking after her today picture on the DD thread

Really hoping kingsbarns sparkles today he still could be anything but huge ask to win this 1st time out

Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:08 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Quite fancy Zand later on. Oxx has a point to prove and now his stables have fully recovered from the virus, I think he will pick up a few winners to shove it up the Aga Khan for his disgraceful decision. It's a pretty mediocre race, Tandem hasn't beat much Belle De Crecy is probably a danger but just below this class IMO, Manalapan and The United States form isn't up to much and shows them on the same level as Tandem really Listed class at best. Compared to the fact these are up against what was a potential Derby horse on preferred ground who should be 100% fit and Oxx mentioned this as the horse's main target 2 months ago I find Zand a big price at 5/1 with Stan James 9/2 elsewhere. Also forgot to mention Oxx's record in this race since 2001 reads 321317 Which shows he doesn't send a horse to this race unless it has a bloody good chance of winning!

Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:05 pm
Group 3 winner

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
Racing post says Australia needs to improve a stone to get close to free eagle
never heard such poppycock Australia to win and really shake up the Derby betting

well said pj

Kauto Star, Brave Inca, Hurricane Fly, Arkle http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arkle, Ruby Walsh, Paul Nichols, Ouija Board, Goldikova, Peeping Fawn, Harbringer, Sea The Stars, Frankel, Hear The Echo, just some of my favs. in betting and fun! ;)

Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:23 pm
Selling plater

kingbarns in irish champion

Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:37 pm
Group 3 winner

am disapointed DOW is scratched. anybody know why they pulled him out the race? going? but obrien left Kingsbarn in hmm

Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:45 pm
Group 3 winner

buick waited to the right moment and pounced on them all. good win for them i dont know of many fillies winning this race before?

oh snow fairy lol

did the going get that bad at Leopardstown today?

cant see any other reason barring injury why obrien would pull DOW?

Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:55 pm
Handicapper

Bit silly imo them running Kingsbarns in a race like this on his first run back after so long off the track and all sorts of problems. Don't think we will see him again. Well done the fugue, best middle distance filly in training. Great performance from Australia. Id take him over Kingman for the Guineas anyday who's price is absolutely ridiculous. Id also take Berkshire who is priced up way too high

Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:03 pm
Handicapper

surcingle winning debut
5/1 :shock:
looking forward to other
couple juddmonte 2yo
db mentioned as first two
looked the part
maybe liked this one
more than radiator
as looked totally clueless
yet still hacked away from them

Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:39 pm
Group 3 winner

what yall fancy in the leger this weekend? i havent had time to look proper yet. busy week and heading on long journey through Tennessee to Kentucky at the weekend, hope to take in some sights too, anybody. Anybody advice on wheres nice up there for family?

Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:56 pm
Handicapper

I dont like backing O Brien's, especially when he has more than one runner but Foundry looks good to me

Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:48 pm
Reply to topic   [ 629 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next