View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:46 pm

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 UK Racecourses 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: UK Racecourses
Yes I imagine you were looking for a round course, but the straight on the rowley mile is 1m2f, meaning its as long as a complete lap of most of your American tracks.

Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:30 am
Group 1 winner

Funny story about the Town Plate... When I was 16 (just before the times of Pony Racing) I was determined to have a ride. Not being allowed to 'waste' time at the local pointer's yard I got my 14hh Connemara X Welsh X A Bit of Everything Else pony all qualified up to run in point-points so that we would be able to contest the Town Plate. We got our card signed by the huntsman and he was willing to recommended us, I spent months training him, he was all fit and ready to go and then we fell at the penultimate AND final hurdles! He didn't have a Wetherby's passport AND I couldn't prove his patronage as he was the product of a mistake mating between a wild connie stallion and a mare out to grass! I was gutted, I reckon he could have been a Sprinter Sacre! I sometimes imagine it was us winning the Queen Mother rather than Sprinter and Barry G.! It would have been quite a sight to behold! I think he won the Working Hunter championship at a show that weekend instead so it wasn't all doom and gloom! :lol: :roll: :wink:

Moral of the story, do your research BEFORE spending hours training your pony for a 3m4f race! :lol:

Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:57 pm
Group 1 winner

To pretty much need a thoroughbred to be competitive nowadays- opened it up to anything.
Sirius chill, another course you might want to look at is aintree.

Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:15 pm
Group 1 winner

Can't tell if they go over or under that road or do they jump it? Or is that the end of the track? Place is huge.

Aintree

Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:11 am
Group 1 winner

i love Aintree been many times i love the bar on the top floor Well its a massive room
you can stay there all day has betting offices up theres food everything
then 5 mins b4 race take your beer & you go through 1 door and you're on the balcony and its some view to watch race
alot of my friends over here are Liverpool fans and we always go to the october meeting
its always only about 25 % full very comfortable to get around
id imagine a nightmare on national day

Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:20 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

There's the mildmay course, which is the smaller loop and that's the regular main track, and the huge loop is the national course, which only has 5 races per year and the melling road is the border between the two, and whilst they run over it to get to the national course, ordinarily it's a public road. This is the most faultless performance ypull see over the national course, 40 years on.

Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2