View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:30 am

Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Al Zarooni To Lose Licence 
Handicapper

Post Al Zarooni To Lose Licence
Al Zarooni to lose his licence after around 50 horses found to have been administered steroids including Certify (who is now not allowed to run in the guineas) Al zarooni confirms he administered the steroids claiming he didn't know it was not against the rules of racing to do so in the winter months.

Rumors suggesting half of the horses to go to S Bin Suroor and the other half to go to a mixture of A Fabre, USA based trainer(Forgot his name) and a possible to pick up a few horses from what I've heard Ismail Mohammed.

Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:23 pm
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Al Zarooni To Lose Licence
One word.... Sacked.

What the hell was he thinking, especially Certify.

Was it a error or was he cheating.

Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:41 pm
Handicapper

Looks like the horses involved weren't racing, so seems like a mistake not cheating but hes in serious trouble.

Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:55 pm
Group 1 winner

It may have been a mistake, but still against the rules; rules he should have been aware of before being granted a training licence. Mind you Sheikh M. was caught doing a similar thing not too long ago, so maybe we shouldn't be too shocked. Why would you give anabolic steroids to a 2yo filly over the winter though...

Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:07 pm
Group 1 winner

SuperCat wrote:
It may have been a mistake, but still against the rules; rules he should have been aware of before being granted a training licence. Mind you Sheikh M. was caught doing a similar thing not too long ago, so maybe we shouldn't be too shocked. Why would you give anabolic steroids to a 2yo filly over the winter though...

Perhaps they are getting desperate, well they spending all that money on horses and they going nowhere.

Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:29 pm
Handicapper

Absolutely no reason to give steroids to any horse regardless. Its cheating and no other way you can look at it. Throw him out of racing and investigate Godolphin. Probably told by Sheikh Mohammed as he was also caught doing it. Hate Godolphin and have never rated them anyway

Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:37 pm
Group 1 winner

Looks like it's time for him to move his tack to the good ol' US of A. We'll provide him with Lasix to help mask those roids and turn him on to the latest craze in doping ... Frog Juice! But because it's virtually impossible to keep an adequate supply of the right frogs he'll have to settle for the synthetic form of frog juice. Works just as well... :evil:

Read all about the latest craze in US cheating here...

http://www.paulickreport.com/news/ray-s ... -cocktail/

Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:39 am
Group 1 winner

When he says its because they weren't racing that's bs, that's the typical crap they give out when caught a la Nicky Henderson. Certify was going to race in 2 weeks, and its likely hes been giving them all along as they stay in the system for only a month. It's illegal to have said drugs on a training premises and in exceptional circumstances the bha would have to be kept informed.

Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:34 am
Group 1 winner

Sorry lads thats just unforgivable
no accident either
and his statement & the FACTS do not match up

YOU'RE FIRED (his licence will be taken away anyway)

Certify was a lovely filly
she is now banned from racing thats a tragedy

Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:15 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Ubar02 wrote:
When he says its because they weren't racing that's bs, that's the typical crap they give out when caught a la Nicky Henderson. Certify was going to race in 2 weeks, and its likely hes been giving them all along as they stay in the system for only a month. It's illegal to have said drugs on a training premises and in exceptional circumstances the bha would have to be kept informed.

Are you talking about the incident with Binocular before Cheltenham? If you are then, unless you have some inside information, then the probability is that that was true. He had a reaction to anti-biotics I think and was given steroids so the reaction would subside quicker, it's common practice in both human and equine medicine, and likely given because the horse was in discomfort rather than in error.

Also this investigation would have taken place over 6 months+, it is quite possible that Certify no longer has them in her system. The fact that she DID means she will be banned from racing for a minimum of 6 months (I think). Completely ruining her classic year and any breeding value she had, lucky she wasn't a stallion or she probably would have 'broken a leg on the gallops' this morning.

Something else that is very worrying about this story is where did he get them from?? I'm sure Sheikh M. could have supplied them off the radar, he's done it and been caught before so that wouldn't be a shock. I'm sure they're not the black market/internet steroids that boys use to build up their muscles. BUT do we have a rogue vet in Newmarket who is supplying these drugs for improper use?? A vet or a doctor are the only people allowed to prescribe them. I doubt a Dr could sign them out of a practice and wouldn't be licensed to transport them so that virtually rules him out. But a vet would be licensed to both prescribe AND transport them, so is there a vet in Newmarket who is selling these drugs to anybody who will pay?? They're expensive too and tightly regulated as they should only be used for severe respiratory problems, allergic reactions or for long term vet over-seen treatments of certain injuries or medical conditions.

Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:23 am
Handicapper

This news is totally apalling and has cast a huge cloud over racing. I say get rid of them all in that organization but i know that wont happen cos of how much the cheats support british racing. One thing i do know is that will severely damage their appeal and popularity in the game which has always been respected somewhat. I cant believe they have done this and makes me think if they were gettin desperate to be able to compete at the top?

Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:51 pm
Handicapper

The pressure to compete is ridiculous especially for a system as massive as Godolphin and they find themselves not just behind Coolmore but also behind Juddmonte and many more breeding operations overtaking them. With the checks in place these days they must of known it was only a matter of time before they were caught. Its a shame for Certify she looked such a promising filly. Also for antepost punters who in common decency should be refunded in exceptional circumstances. Correct me if im wrong but don't winning horses (group winners atleast) get tested after every race.

Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:47 pm
Group 1 winner

I'm talking about when Henderson was banned and feigned a lack o knowledge of the drug. The investigation was on te 14 April, and these are drugs that only yay in the system for a month, so your comment Paul about her being a lovely filly- she could and probably was on the drugs all along, as probably were all zaroonis other big winners. She could have been on them for months before her first run and nobody will ever know.

Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:37 pm
Group 1 winner

Ubar02 wrote:
I'm talking about when Henderson was banned and feigned a lack o knowledge of the drug. The investigation was on te 14 April, and these are drugs that only yay in the system for a month, so your comment Paul about her being a lovely filly- she could and probably was on the drugs all along, as probably were all zaroonis other big winners. She could have been on them for months before her first run and nobody will ever know.

ya thats true
its funny coz last week i got word that she had not wintered well and had not trained on

Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:59 pm
Profile WWW
Handicapper

Maybe including Encke and Monterosso? Wondered about the sudden improvement. Would be catastrophic if Encke only stopped Camelot winning triple crown cos he was on steroids

Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:02 pm
Reply to topic   [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next