View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 6:59 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Juddmonte 2yo's for 2013 
Handicapper

Post Juddmonte 2yo's for 2013
I just thought I would highlight some of the Juddmonte 2yo's that I'm either looking forward to seeing, have liked so far or have heard good things about.........

African Plains (Oasis Dream x African Rose)
Trainer: Criquette Head-Maarek

First foal out of a Group 1 winner and bred to be lightning fast; hasn't been entered up as yet but looks an exciting prospect.

Airfield (Dansili x Emplane)
Trainer: Lady Cecil

Emplane is one of DB's favourite mares and it is easy to see why; she has had good success with the likes of Aviate and Early March, not forgetting the ill-fated Wingwalker; I haven't heard anything about Airfield as yet but she is one to note on paper.

Computer (Mizzen Mast x Tolerance)
Trainer: Charlie Hills

Another DB has highlighted. I had the pleasure of visiting the yard in February so I'm well clued up on their 2yo's. This one is certainly held in high regard and should be ready to run fairly soon.

Demob (Empire Maker x Supposition)
Trainer: Dermot Weld

First foal out of a Group 1 placed 2yo whom I was quite fond of but who never trained on.

Dornoch (Mizzen Mast x Gainful)
Trainer: David Smaga

Won second time out and this really handsome dark bay looks to have plenty going for him.

Equitable (Dansili x Honest Quality)

This is probably the one I'm most looking forward to seeing from Warren Place. I really should ask after him but on paper he is bred to be very useful and is from a family I love.

Hiking (First Defence x Trekking)
Trainer: Roger Charlton

Won her only start to date at Windsor, doing it very nicely, and I'm looking forward to seeing how she fares in Stakes company.

Hooded (Empire Maker x Yashmak)
Trainer: Roger Charlton

It has been a challenge trying to get DB to shut up about this colt. His dam was very good but she hasn't produced anything out of the ordinary, as yet!

Interject (Empire Maker x Introducing)

If looks are anything to go by then this one is going to be something special indeed.

Joyeuse (Oasis Dream x Kind)

Was never going to be easy for her but she won her maiden before showing she is up to Group level at Royal Ascot; I think she has a very bright future indeed.

Kingman (Invincible Spirit x Zenda)
Trainer: John Gosden

Probably the most impressive maiden winner seen out so far this year. I'm delighted Zenda is now making her mark as a broodmare. Kingman looked really good at HQ but there is no point getting carried away just yet, not until he proves himself in Stakes company.

Lanyard (Mizzen Mast x Geographic)
Trainer: Dermot Weld

Sister to Market Town, who has sadly been sold to Hong Kong, whom I am very fond of. If she has the same raw ability as he has then she'll be worth waiting for.

Martinette (Mizzen Mast x Faraway Flower)

The one I'm most excited about. I absolutely loved her mum, I was crazy for her. Martinette is very much like her as she's big and scopey, infact she is huge and I don't know if she'll be seen out this year or not.

Radiator (Dubawi x Heat Haze)
Trainer: Sir Michael Stoute

I've been hearing good things about this filly for a while now and I'm very much looking forward to seeing her make her debut sooner or later. She is from Juddmonte's best family and out of a Grade 1 winning half-sister to Dansili and co.

Rip Roaring (Sea The Stars x Nebraska Tornado)
Trainer: Andre Fabre

The only Juddmonte 2yo by Sea The Stars, so I thought she was worth including. I loved her dam, who won the Prix de Diane, and I'm confident she is going to produce something very decent soon.

Straight Thinking (Mizzen Mast x Hachita)
Trainer: Andre Fabre

Made a winning debut only this afternoon and did it without being beaten up. Well related and it'll be interesting to see how high she can fly from now on.

Torrid (Three Valleys x Western Appeal)
Trainer: Amanda Perrett

I was very taken by him at Newbury last week; he is big and scopey and I can see him doing well next year over 10f.

Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:34 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Juddmonte 2yo's for 2013
African Plains has such an explosive pedigree, can't wait to see that one on the track.

Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:57 pm
Profile WWW
Handicapper

The Duke wrote:
African Plains has such an explosive pedigree, can't wait to see that one on the track.

In that case, when she runs you can do the preview on the Juddmonte/Facebook page, Jay ;)

Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:04 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Yeah sure, but given that she is trained in France chances are I'll miss her. :lol:

Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:46 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Will you be updating this thread as they run Matt?

Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:00 pm
Handicapper

GS63 wrote:
Will you be updating this thread as they run Matt?

Yeah I don't see why not. I'll be writing about them anyway when they run on the Juddmonte/Facebook page anyway.

Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:18 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Excellent

Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:39 pm
Handicapper

Goodwood 4:20 -

Very much looking forward to seeing how this filly gets on; the reports I've had on her have always been positive and it is encouraging to see her entered in the Fillies' Mile. I don't expect her to win, I hope she does of course, but I would like to think she'll be good enough, on the day, to run and finish well.

Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:29 pm
Profile WWW
Handicapper

Goodwood 4:20 - 5th

Plenty to like about Radiator today. Ryan didn't knock her about and she finished her race off really well, which is what I wanted to see.

Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:43 pm
Profile WWW
Handicapper

Good list! So far Joyeuse, Radiator, Kingman and Rip Roaring have won and are showing a TON of potential! :mrgreen:

Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]