View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 6:17 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Further information required reagrding "Series" races 
Handicapper

Post Further information required reagrding "Series" races
As your mostly a helpful bunch I was wondering if anyone would know where I could get further information regarding "Series" that courses hold such as Kempton's - London Mile Series Qualifiers + Final and also Lingfield's Blue Square Bet Series Rounds + Final.

The main thing I am looking at is dates, how points are scored to qualify for the finals and possible prize money funds. Also if anyone is aware of any other "Series" that are run it would be good to know about (not too worried about the "grass roots").

Thanks in advance.

Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:35 pm
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Further information required reagrding "Series" races
Persian Punch wrote:
As your mostly a helpful bunch I was wondering if anyone would know where I could get further information regarding "Series" that courses hold such as Kempton's - London Mile Series Qualifiers + Final and also Lingfield's Blue Square Bet Series Rounds + Final.

The main thing I am looking at is dates, how points are scored to qualify for the finals and possible prize money funds. Also if anyone is aware of any other "Series" that are run it would be good to know about (not too worried about the "grass roots").

Thanks in advance.

Do you Mean These http://www.attheraces.com/awchamps/

Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:04 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Handicapper

Post Re: Further information required reagrding "Series" races
Hi simpleminds, it is the All-Weather Championships that have got me interested in to the smaller "series" that are about. I have managed to get some details from the Racingpost website regarding dates and prize money. But neither course really seems to be promoting their smaller series. I am assuming that a horse must run in at least one of the qualifiers to run in the finals. But it seems like for the Sprint Series sponsored by Blue Square (at Lingfield) that it might be done on a point system.

I have no doubt that the All Weather Championships are a good idea and that it is good to see a variety of races upgraded to attract higher rated horses. I think it could have been planned a little bit better and am sure that once trainers are fully aware of the benefits we will see much better horses take their chances. But I have no idea why courses are not doing their best to promote their own "series"?!

Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]