View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:54 pm

Reply to topic  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Kingman or Toormore 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Kingman or Toormore
Is war command running?

Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:48 pm
Group 1 winner

Last i heard if Aus is sound for newmarket then WC will go to France
i dont think plans have changed

Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:03 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

johnny16dar wrote:
bosra sham wrote:
johnny16dar wrote:

Has any of you pitching in with your 2 cents worth noticed that this ^^^^ is where this started? It really was just a simple and honest question not aimed at anyone in particular. Bosra sham there really was no need for your condescending reply, "speed in pedigree, pretty much the opposite is true" lad you even made a point of highlighting the "also there is a lot of speed in his pedigree" bit in my original post - your words were proven wrong and its clear you didn't like that one bit (btw the bit in pink was a quote within a quote. not my words) (yes I realize this if you read it), but you dont want to be 'juvenile' about it so you come back and basically reiterate all the points you made the first time, just in a different colour. I can go back and re-answer all your 'secondary' points if you like?

As for beaky, anyone wanting to know what the 'point is'? - go back over his posts and and you'll see clearly there was/is no need for his aggressive nature, im going to continue to hop on his insignificant points until such a time comes that he realises like the rest of us (including me) that its just not clever, (i do realise that might take forever) thats just the way its going to be im afraid. Any of you have a problem with that then i suggest you consider where is appropriate to direct your frustrations.

Beaky you may have done a bet on Australia for the derby, but there are 421 horses left in the race... your unbeatable system requires you to have 397 of them backed. Entertaining indeed, clowns are entertaining too!

Didn't mean to be condescending, just pointing out I thought the opposite was true? My words were proven wrong? Ok, if you say so, not quite sure how though?

Not quite sure how though? Ok, let me run you through it.. i stated in my original post - "also there is a lot of speed in his pedigree", ok? Then you come in with "speed in pedigree, pretty much the opposite is true", then..... i quote Teddy Grimthorpe who in case anyone is wondering knows more about the horse than you, me and everyone else bar john gosden, Grimthorpe said "There is a LOT of speed in pedigree".
Look, really anyone with some knowledge of breeding can see there is a lot of speed there, if you cant well then thats your problem. Its also your problem if you do see it now but just cant admit you were wrong.

As for your 2 AOB quotes, i don't think they contradict each other at all, to be honest im struggling to see what your on about?

I suggest we leave it here and let the horses do the talking in a couple of weeks.

Just to say it isn't contradictory to say either that he has plenty of speed in his pedigree, but the opposite is true- sire is invincible spirit- speed, but dam sire is zamindar, sire of zarkava- I wouldn't be having any worries about him not getting the trip

Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:24 pm
Handicapper

No it isn't contradictory at all, im of the opinion that there's every chance he may have inherited more of his sires traits than that of the dam, a lot of invincible spirit's are like that.

I've little doubt that kingman will get a mile in time, but it may be a bit early in his career to get a true run mile against more stamina bred horses.

Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:52 pm
Handicapper

That may be true. But do you not think the same could be said of Stamina laden horses (breedingwise) like Australia? Ouija Board has only provided 1 maiden winner over 1 mile (Voodoo Prince). 1m4f seems the ideal I would've thought.

Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:43 pm
Group 1 winner

I see Hannon will have 3 in the Guineas

Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:14 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Will be hoping for first 3 after missing a potentially big payday in the Tattersalls millions race last week

Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:35 pm
Handicapper

bosra sham wrote:
That may be true. But do you not think the same could be said of Stamina laden horses (breedingwise) like Australia? Ouija Board has only provided 1 maiden winner over 1 mile (Voodoo Prince). 1m4f seems the ideal I would've thought.

If the coolmore team are prepared to go with Australia in, lets be honest, the most important mile classic over more obvious types - War Command for example then that's good enough for me, he must be doing something right at home. Its folly to ignore the vibes coming from ballydoyle about this horse.

Also it was pretty clear to me in that leopardstown G3 that he's a horse who has a smart turn of foot, i really liked how he quickened in the last 2 furlongs.

Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:56 pm
Group 1 winner

Latest word is both could now run which i find puzzling i still suspect it will be AUS going
on his own

BUT If any Bookies offer non runner money back for the Guineas back War Command
crazy value for a Coventry & Dewhurst Stakes winner 16/1

Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:55 am
Profile WWW
Handicapper

Of the winners of the last 20 runnings of the 2000 guineas only 2 have been sired by a sprinter, Rock Of Gibraltar and George Washington, both by Danehill (both trained by the same guy who trains Australia). The other 18 have been sired by genuine mile to mile and a half horses.... Robellino, Bering, Darshaan, Sadler's Wells (3), Turtle Island, Kingmambo (2), Spectrum, Alhaarth, Giant's Causeway, Val Royal, Cape Cross, Dubawi, Galileo, Montjeu and New Approach.

Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:45 am
Handicapper

Since 1980 three horses who begin with the letter 'K' have won the 2,000 Guineas, namely Known Fact, King of Kings and King's Best, but you have to go all the way back to 1927 to find the last winner who starts with the letter 'A' - anyone else think Australia is seriously up against it based on that pointless fact?

Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:02 pm
Profile WWW
Handicapper

Exactly. Kingman is Kingman not any of those horse you have mentioned.

Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:08 pm
Group 1 winner

27 remain in Guineas

Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:51 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

I think war command should go, as for the hannon horses, toormore is obviously a very good horse, I think is going to have to be something special, more so than he has shown so far to beat the likes of kingman, australia and war command (if he runs), night of thunder looks a nice horse but has a lot to find on kingman, and im sure won't be able to do so, as for shifting power, looks to me like a very progressive horse, won just about last time and im sure will improve for a mile, but he is huge and I think this is too early for him at this level, later on in the season he may very well be a group one horse, but not at the moment i dont think

Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:39 pm
Handicapper

Nasty Nas8 wrote:
Since 1980 three horses who begin with the letter 'K' have won the 2,000 Guineas, namely Known Fact, King of Kings and King's Best, but you have to go all the way back to 1927 to find the last winner who starts with the letter 'A' - anyone else think Australia is seriously up against it based on that pointless fact?

I did not know that.... back to the drawing board, wait.. seeing as i give Kingman no chance that must mean Kingston Hill is near a certainty.

Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next