View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:19 pm

Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 The Best 
Group 1 winner

Post The Best
So who does everyone think is the best horse ever, the nominations are

Frankel
Black Caviar
Sea The Stars
Secreteriat
Shergar

Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:26 am
Group 1 winner

Post Re: The Best
Frankel

Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:23 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

A bit restrictive but I'd say the best horse from the list above is frankel. I'd have picked him anyway but surely there's space on there for horses like the brigadier, mill reef etc.? Dayjur?

Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:35 pm
Group 2 winner

Frankel, its just a real shame they never went to the Breeders cup with him. How awesome would it have been for him to won the classic.

Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:52 pm
Handicapper

They didn't need to go to Breeders Cup with Frankel. But had he gone and won it would shut up anyone who tries to argue him being the best of recent times anyway. He's the best ive seen but I'm sure theres many horses i didnt see that could be on that list.

Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:10 am
Handicapper

add el gran senor to the list.

Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:59 pm
Selling plater

Why even debate this clearly Black caviar is the best frankel never raced over 6f or in the Melbourne cup he's overrated rubbish nothing would have beaten Black caviar not frankel secretariat shergar anything :)

Wed May 14, 2014 10:22 am
Group 1 winner

ausrules wrote:
Why even debate this clearly Black caviar is the best frankel never raced over 6f or in the Melbourne cup he's overrated rubbish nothing would have beaten Black caviar not frankel secretariat shergar anything :)

Sorry to burst the bubble but on a formline through Moonlight Cloud and Farhh, Frankel would have given the filly a fair pasting, and more than likely would have done over 6 too.

1.12.80 - Frankel first 6 in Queen Anne
1.14.10 - Black Caviar in Diamond Jubilee

Identical ground as well. Maybe if Frankel had gone over he may have performed like Black Caviar did but with enough rest and time to acclimatise he would have put her to bed... comfortably!

Wed May 14, 2014 10:59 am
Selling plater

that is not true did frankel win 25 races no
who cares about formlines anyway, bc has run under 10s for 200m frankel would not be in same furlong as her over 1000m she is the best ever if she had been trained as a miler she would have been the best at that as well shouldn't have gone to race in England anyway racing is rubbish there much better in AUS I wish she had gone to the breeders cup she would have won that a canter

Wed May 14, 2014 11:42 am
Group 1 winner

ausrules wrote:
who cares about formlines anyway, bc has run under 10s for 200m frankel would not be in same furlong as her over 1000m she is the best ever if she had been trained as a miler she would have been the best at that as well shouldn't have gone to race in England anyway racing is rubbish there much better in AUS I wish she had gone to the breeders cup she would have won that a canter

LOL, I don't mind Australian racing my family live out there and I've been Caulfield, Rosehill etc, and your sprinters are all round better but you can't say it's better until you stop nicking our 80 rated handicappers to win your Melbourne Cup with!

Wed May 14, 2014 11:52 am
Selling plater

nick_driver wrote:
ausrules wrote:

LOL, I don't mind Australian racing my family live out there and I've been Caulfield, Rosehill etc, and your sprinters are all round better but you can't say it's better until you stop nicking our 80 rated handicappers to win your Melbourne Cup with!

ahah u too funny pommie have u england ever won melbourne cup?no so how can u say ur the best?

Wed May 14, 2014 5:05 pm
Group 1 winner

Fiorente - Irish Bred, British Trained before being bought.
Green Moon - Irish Bred, British Trained before being bought.
Dunaden - French Bred, French Trained
Americain - French Bred, French Trained

2013 - First 5 home British or Irish bred and mainly trained.
2012 - First 8! home British or Irish bred mainly trained.
2011 - First 7 not Australian bred - French/GB/German/US/Ire mix

It's getting worse and worse mate and that's after they've travelled half way across the world! We might have the first 10 home next year now we are bothering to come and plunder your prizes!

Wed May 14, 2014 5:13 pm
Group 2 winner

ausrules wrote:
nick_driver wrote:
ausrules wrote:

ahah u too funny pommie have u england ever won melbourne cup?no so how can u say ur the best?

Oh dear! If your going to come on here spouting rubbish them please make sure you know what your talking about, Have a look at the breeding and previous owner/trainer history of the top horses in last years Melbourne Cup. In fact do the same for the last few years and see how many Aus bred horses finished in the top 5. :lol:

As for the Frankel v BC debate I guess we will never know, both horses were offered to run in Sussex stakes after Royal Ascot with the sponsor putting up a million pounds in prize money, Frankel camp accepted but BC camp declined, I guess they didn't want their superstar being beat! For the record I wanted BC to win at Ascot but she only just hung on, forget Nolan dropping the reigns your horse was running on empty!

Last edited by Pricey on Wed May 14, 2014 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed May 14, 2014 5:23 pm
Group 1 winner

More likely that the Sussex was not her ideal distance and at that distance Frankel
would have been holding all the aces

I like both they were both greats

Wed May 14, 2014 5:27 pm
Profile WWW
Group 2 winner

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
More likely that the Sussex was not her ideal distance and at that distance Frankel
would have been holding all the aces

I like both they were both greats

Same here mate, would have loved to see Frankel take on BC but it's a shame it never happened. 2
Incredible horses that I'm blessed to say I had seen close up.

Wed May 14, 2014 5:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next