View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:57 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Battling qualities 
Selling plater

Post Battling qualities
Extremely rare to see any horse with battling qualities higher than the bare mnimum in SO6. The characteristic could almost be completely removed from the game and it wouldn't make any difference to horse performance.

Did find one once in an auction with very high battling qualities, tried to breed it into a string, but continuously none of the yearlings inherited any of it.

Anybody else found different?

Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:55 pm
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Battling qualities
gave up breeding this in as it seems to dilute over generations and then disappears

Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:59 pm
Profile WWW
Handicapper

Had a mare with 90 BQ but was 12yo (17 G1 wins, 18/23 races won, $2m in auction), so quickly bred it to three horses that had 20/10/10 in that stat before she sadly died. First had 30, second had 20, and the third had 50 which I thought was pretty decent. Sadly all their foals ended up with 10s in BQ and it quickly bred itself out of the lines.

Not seen it since, even when using betting cheats to get hundreds of millions in the bank to buy every auction horse in 2 seasons - only one that had more than minimum was a 20 that didn't breed through either.

Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:35 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

I don't think it should be dismissed altogether. Has to be a reason it exists right?

"The ability (depending on certain factors) of the horse to 'dig deep' in the closing stages of a race."

If we had the identical horse but mine was 100% BQ and yours is 10% I'd be willing to bet mine outduels you in the stretch. I always look for a high potential horse with high BQ but it rarely shows. I haven't the patience to breed it into a line starting with a low potential horse.

Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:50 pm
Handicapper

I agree Sirius, it is a quality I'd love my horses to have, but it is so rare that I'm not going to go looking for it especially. It doesn't breed into my lines easily, and seems to breed out very quickly. I'll take the odd one or two the game churns out, and if I can get 20-30 BQ in some of my horses then great - but overall I'm not going to worry about it.

Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:15 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Watch the horses head when u have a high bar, it seems to bob up and down more if it get's into a battle near the finish.

Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:16 pm
Handicapper

Does seem battling quality is hard to get. I ended up starting a good 40 games and retired to the game pool as many horses with high battling qualities as I could get. Once I'm happy with the number I have, I intend to start a new game and import the horses to see if I can get some solid lines with high battling qualities. I also intend to back up my ttf file so I can reimport the horses to rebreed later if needed.

Will be interesting to see how things pan out. Hopefully I can keep my battling quality up, but it'll be a bit before I start another game. Not really playing SO6 at the moment.

Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:31 am
Group 1 winner

I have a couple of horses with high BQ that I am breeding with - hopefully I can pass it on.
It's almost like a "holy grail"

Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:12 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]