View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:23 pm

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Will This Be Appreciated 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Will This Be Appreciated
Mod or not - it is something I have not and never will use.
I know some people have used it to enhance their league stable and good for them but it is something I just have no intention of using.
I enjoy the single player so much that if I were to use the mod - I'd kill the single player game off in a matter of seasons because I'd be breeding a stable full of freaks.
So I will stick to the randomness of the stock standard single player game and just enjoy my handicappers in the league :-)

Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:27 pm
Group 1 winner

I will just sit on the fence for a while and see what other peeps think.

Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:31 am
Group 1 winner

Have not used this myself and have not seen the need to try and figure out how to do it with my breeding being well established. But I have no problem with it being released, it's a free world, and as you say many people already use their own versions of it, though I think this is maybe the minority.

I am curious what happens when it is combined with legends, do they then come up for auction and does this then open Pandora's box for those happy to try and use these horses for breeding in the league? We saw it last year with trainers being banned and adds a layer to the work for those running the league. This aspect should be considered.

Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:17 am
Group 1 winner

Githyanki wrote:
Have not used this myself and have not seen the need to try and figure out how to do it with my breeding being well established. But I have no problem with it being released, it's a free world, and as you say many people already use their own versions of it, though I think this is maybe the minority.

I am curious what happens when it is combined with legends, do they then come up for auction and does this then open Pandora's box for those happy to try and use these horses for breeding in the league? We saw it last year with trainers being banned and adds a layer to the work for those running the league. This aspect should be considered.

Yes - that is probably the one major problem - accessing legends. Which for single player isn't an issue but it will quickly kill off the life span of the game and with the league your stable gets banned for the season.

Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:33 am
Group 1 winner

Cheating happens with all games and it happened in the league last season. (It has me beat as to why peeps do it - even more so with this game)
The league has a way to vet each trainers horses. I have no idea how it is done.
Good idea making the legends sterile.
I think it is great that Mark is consulting with us in the forums.
I'd rather the game came out later than expected but full of improvements than the game to be rushed but still full of loop holes.

Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:26 am
Handicapper

Can you actually breed with the Legends?

Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:48 pm
Group 1 winner

Degaussed wrote:

It has happened - although I think it was a glitch in the game that was exploited.

Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:36 am
Handicapper

atiggerx33 wrote:
NPG319 wrote:
Degaussed wrote:

It has happened - although I think it was a glitch in the game that was exploited.

I also thought it was something impossible, I never thought about the implications of being able to buy them from my schedule... I actually thought they would have already just been sterile. Because you could have them not follow their career paths, and idk maybe they'd end up at an auction through a claiming race for some odd random reason, I figured without altering the schedule like I was that Mark would have considered the fact that there was a chance (however small) they might end up in someone's stable through normal gameplay, and would have just made them sterile for that reason.

If I knew I could buy them I may have created a throwaway save just to buy Secretariat and see his stats (I'm curious). He's my hero worship horse and I'm curious if Mark did him justice, but I'd never breed to him and try to enter the resultant fraudulent pieces of data into league! To me cheating like that, ruining everyone else's hard work and fun for absolutely no reason just so you can reap the praise and pride is just sick. What kind of person can actually enjoy winning something like league (where no real money is involved, just praise, fun, and a sense of pride in their hard work) when they know they cheated and don't deserve any of it? To me that just takes a real sociopath or narcissist.

I could be wrong, but I swear the stats for the legends actually change from one game to the next. And you can see them, after you've had them in your save and they retire, you can go onto their page to view their stats.

Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:22 pm
Group 1 winner

Yes -you can check out their stats in game - Frankel's stats are off tap and is really the only legend that could dramatically alter your horses from donkey to freak. The other legends will speed up your breeding 10 fold but in saying that I'd say the PJ's horses would easily beat the in-game legends.

Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:22 am
Group 1 winner

Mine do, including Frankel, though he occasionally surprises.

Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:56 am
Handicapper

NPG319 wrote:
Yes -you can check out their stats in game - Frankel's stats are off tap and is really the only legend that could dramatically alter your horses from donkey to freak. The other legends will speed up your breeding 10 fold but in saying that I'd say the PJ's horses would easily beat the in-game legends.

I've managed to beat Frankel - once!

Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next