View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:15 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 HORSE TRANSFER PROBLEMS 
Selling plater

Post HORSE TRANSFER PROBLEMS
Hi all ive not been on here for some time but ye ive noticed something
When i have a bunch of horses in one save im ready to breed with another bunch from another save the horses dont stay in the transfer pool why is that never had any problems before ive tried going back in patches but no joy if the transfer pool has been changed that would mean u can never change your breeding lines from one save to the next me personally i wont be playing if game has changed ill probebly go back to so5 can anyone confirm why or if its happening to others.
Or if theres is any way round it.
Thankyou
Michael.

Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:08 pm
Group 1 winner

Post Re: HORSE TRANSFER PROBLEMS
manutdfc88 wrote:
Hi all ive not been on here for some time but ye ive noticed something
When i have a bunch of horses in one save im ready to breed with another bunch from another save the horses dont stay in the transfer pool why is that never had any problems before ive tried going back in patches but no joy if the transfer pool has been changed that would mean u can never change your breeding lines from one save to the next me personally i wont be playing if game has changed ill probebly go back to so5 can anyone confirm why or if its happening to others.
Or if theres is any way round it.
Thankyou
Michael.

Hi Michael do you save your ttf file? all of us do when we save our ttf file we put a copy in a folder on our computer why I ask this is because if you don't and transfer a horse from your pool it wont no longer be in the pool in the game but if you saved a copy of the tff file you can paste it back in to the game and the horse will be in the game again.

Gray

Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:20 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Selling plater

ill give it a try with the ttf file normally they just stay in there even if i start a new save but ye ill give it a go with the tff file to see if they stay in there

Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:50 pm
Selling plater

i tried putting the horse out for transfer and saving the tff file but then when i put it back in and start a new save the pool is empty not sure what im doing wrong....
after ive made them ready for pool transfer and it puts me into the new season then i see them in the pool i save the tff file but its empty on a new save

Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:20 pm
Group 2 winner

manutdfc88 wrote:
i tried putting the horse out for transfer and saving the tff file but then when i put it back in and start a new save the pool is empty not sure what im doing wrong....
after ive made them ready for pool transfer and it puts me into the new season then i see them in the pool i save the tff file but its empty on a new save

This is what I do

save the game just before the end of the season
export your horses to the transfer pool
when the new season starts. press CTRL ALT DEL buttons and use task manager to quit the game
make a copy of the ttf file, it is in the saves folder. Store the copy away in another folder somewhere else so you can use it later
resart the game, and you have the horse in the game and saved to ttf file
if you want the horse in another game, copy the ttf back to saves folder and transfer into new game.

The above method works everytime for me.

There is a safeguard to stop different trainers swapping horses using ttf files and it shows blank ttf files. It's maybe some bug in this swapping safeguard that is happening here.

Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:22 pm
Selling plater

ye im getting clear ttf files even after i follow your steps not sure why it is happening tbh i think im guna have to play 5 for a while until the problem is solved
but thanks for all your help tho because normally i didnt have any problems with transfers etc

Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:50 pm
Group 2 winner

Hi, I have exactly the same issue, It suddenly occurred in the summer and I posted on the technical support forum with no joy.
I can retire to game pool and the horses show up in the transfer pool but the moment I close the game, whether by saving or shutting without saving, the horses disappear. The file in my C drive actually has contents but they will not show up in the game. If I have the file open whilst retiring the horses I can visibly see the file increase in size but I cannot access them. I have copied the ttf to other folders and I have also done a complete re-install but all to no avail unfortunately.

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=16408
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=16089

Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings but I would love to know if there is a solution to this.

Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:23 pm
Handicapper

I've figured out some problems I had with this. They get overwritten if you go from a Flat schedule to a Jumps one, or are at least stored within the file differently. They are also name specific, so if you change the name of your trainer then it'll overwrite that file.

At least that's the way the later versions seem to have been working. So my advice is to keep a Jumps file, and a Flat one separate, and always keep the trainer name the same if you want to use the transfers. I've stopped having issues by doing this, not sure if it'll work for anyone else but it's worth a try.

Hope this helps! :D

Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:57 am
Profile WWW
Selling plater

yes pommard its the same for me not sure as to why it has happened but ive gone back to so5 as theres no problem with that ovo there is an issue but to get it sorted u hardly got a chance so so5 for me atm ino so6 is better but ovo i can follow on my breeds that i have had saved from since i started so6 maybe one day it will be sorted but by then so7 will be around and even more problems to deal with

thanks for your replys

Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:22 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]