View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:30 pm

Reply to topic  [ 435 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 29  Next
 Breeding diary 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Breeding diary
First ever Starters Orders 7 trails 5 & 6 furlongs

Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:42 pm
Profile WWW
Handicapper

Thanks PJ.

Is inbreeding ok? Does the inbreeding warning still work in the latest patch looks to me like it’s stopped working?

The advice is much appreciated. And keep posting one day I will eventually get horse with the same bars as yours . Hopefully.

Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:46 pm
Group 2 winner

Yasmin Stott wrote:
Hi all.

Looking for a bit of advice. I’ve got a UK game going at the minute and I’m 9 seasons in. I kept hold of one of my starter horses - a 2yo and it turned into a group 1 horse and has produced group 1 winners. But I want to increase the potential bars of its offspring. They seem at the moment to have the same level of potential as there father. Can anyone offer advice?

You need to find a gamebred horse, preferrably a stallion, and breed and breed with this stallion until you produce horses with a better potential.

There are three ways to to find a better stallion.

The first way is very tedious. You have to visit every auction and buy very horse you can and check the potential. If it's no good, sell it at next auction.

The second way is to breed with other trainers stallions in the breeding barn. This method is very hit and miss as you can't see the bars of other trainers stallions but it can give you good horses.

The third way is again very tedious. Keep starting a new game and check the horses supplied in the new game. This is how I found my first 100% potential horse, but I probably started about 100 new games to find the horse.

Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:48 pm
Group 1 winner

Yasmin Stott wrote:
Thanks PJ.

Is inbreeding ok? Does the inbreeding warning still work in the latest patch looks to me like it’s stopped working?

The advice is much appreciated. And keep posting one day I will eventually get horse with the same bars as yours . Hopefully.

inbreeding is fine and you need to do it at the start

Agree with Jim's comments too good advice

Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:53 pm
Profile WWW
Handicapper

Hi Jim.

Does it matter wether the horse is a older horse or a 2yo when I’m trying to find one with full potential?

Thanks
Yasmin

Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:38 pm
Group 2 winner

Yasmin Stott wrote:
Hi Jim.

Does it matter wether the horse is a older horse or a 2yo when I’m trying to find one with full potential?

Thanks
Yasmin

To start of with, any horse of any age with full potential is fine. Later as your horses get better, you can try to find a 3yo with full potential.

The first horse with 100% potential I found was a 7yo. When I started to breed with him, his offspring reached full potential as a 5yo. I didn't worry about in-breeding. I bred the best mares he produced, (probably about 90% potential) with himself until I produced some 95% mares, then bred those with him until I got 100% mares and some 100% stallions, then I bred those together.

It can take 3 or 4 generations until you start to get these 100% horses.

Once I started to consistantly breed 100% horses, I started to breed my 100% mares with every gamebred stallion I could. I am still looking for that 100% 3yo but my horses now mature at 4yo using this method.

I don't want to discourage you but it takes many hours of breeding to get horses likes Paul's. I have probably bred a 1000 mares over about 100 hours and I suspect Paul has put in even more effort.

Jim

Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:34 pm
Group 1 winner

Wannabe wrote:
Yasmin Stott wrote:
Hi Jim.

Thanks
Yasmin

To start of with, any horse of any age with full potential is fine. Later as your horses get better, you can try to find a 3yo with full potential.

The first horse with 100% potential I found was a 7yo. When I started to breed with him, his offspring reached full potential as a 5yo. I didn't worry about in-breeding. I bred the best mares he produced, (probably about 90% potential) with himself until I produced some 95% mares, then bred those with him until I got 100% mares and some 100% stallions, then I bred those together.

It can take 3 or 4 generations until you start to get these 100% horses.

Once I started to consistantly breed 100% horses, I started to breed my 100% mares with every gamebred stallion I could. I am still looking for that 100% 3yo but my horses now mature at 4yo using this method.

I don't want to discourage you but it takes many hours of breeding to get horses likes Paul's. I have probably bred a 1000 mares over about 100 hours and I suspect Paul has put in even more effort.

Jim

I don't think I've ever bred a inbreed , I would certainly never let a horse go back to one of its parents :D :D No freaks in the valleys :lol: :lol: :lol: . Bloody hell I just looked and all I got in my export barn is 15 horses :shock: :shock: . Wouldn't need to run many trials at this rate :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:58 pm
Group 2 winner

While I agree with John that inbreeding isn't good, I think in the short term for a few generations until you can build up a small stable of 100% mares it is ok. The diversity of gene pool material comes later when you breed these mares with gamebred stallions.

Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:46 pm
Group 1 winner

Wannabe wrote:
While I agree with John that inbreeding isn't good, I think in the short term for a few generations until you can build up a small stable of 100% mares it is ok. The diversity of gene pool material comes later when you breed these mares with gamebred stallions.

Its interesting because I think I breed different to u and paul , I talked to steve about this a while ago and we bred differently. I don't use the same horses over and over .

Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:22 am
Group 1 winner

Think your being a little optimistic with the trialling paul :)

Still not finding the energy to do it all again.

Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:06 am
Group 1 winner

Githyanki wrote:
Think your being a little optimistic with the trialling paul :)

Still not finding the energy to do it all again.

I'm going to start my two year old trials right now :shock: :shock: I'm finished :shock: :shock: I've only got 1 2yo in my barn :lol: :lol: This trialling is easy this game :lol: :lol:

Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:38 am
Group 1 winner

First genuine unbeaten superstar

Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:41 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Guineas trials :lol:

Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:22 pm
Profile WWW
Selling plater

Do they all have the same daddy by any chance? :-D

Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:58 pm
Group 1 winner

Paul,

I think you need to petition the league commissioner for a new rule, any trainer can enter up to 15 horses per race, save you from the two horse fields ;)

Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 435 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 29  Next