View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:21 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 money 
Selling plater

Post money
Any help much appreciated on how to quickly get money and buy some better horses

Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:15 pm
Handicapper

Post Re: money
The best thing I have found is buying horses at the yearling sales and regardless of their stats selling them on when they turn 2. many a time u can get £1M for the 2YO who cost u 100-200k

Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:15 am
Handicapper

Easiest way is to actually just:
1.) Save the game
2.) Go to the races for that day. Note down every winner. Even better if you note every place horse as well so you can do SF or RF bets.
3.) Force exit the game with either alt+F4 or by playing in window mode and hitting the X. If you exit with the Save/Quit button, then this doesn't work.
4.) Reopen the game and return to the races.
5.) Bet everything you have on the winner of the race the previous time you ran it. Alternatively, bet everything on the winner and placer and do either an SF bet or an RF bet.
* To help place bets and not kill your hand and mouse, download an auto clicker program like Auto Clicker by Shocker.
6.) SAVE!
7.) Run the race. If your horse(s) fail to finish in the same order as last time, force exit and try again. This can sometimes take a LOT of tries since the first time you run the race, a horse can win by a fluke which doesn't repeat in later runnings of the same race.
* To make things easier to predict, you can run the same day multiple times and not bet on races that are too variable (the winning horse is too inconsistent).
8.) Once you win your bets, repeat steps 5-7 with the next race.
9.) Repeat until you're happy with your bank account.

Alternatively, you can make a custom race like say an H60 race that awards like 100 million. Limit the race to a small field to avoid a lot of horses running in it and maybe to horses that haven't won group 3 or above. You can make multiple distances using the same purse size to increase your odds of having a horse that can run in it and win. But doing it this way would result in the NPCs getting easy money, too. Then again, not like money matters too much to the NPCs. Only really matters to the players.

If you want to stay legitimate, take out a loan, buy some horses, race them a time or two to try to boost their rating, then resell them. Repeat. If you can, try to buy some yearlings and resell them once they hit 2. You can also take out the loan if you want to do the betting "cheat" above which can help boost your money faster.

I had a game where I had a 66/1 horse win and I bet several million on him in an RF bet with the favorite. Since I did it as an RF bet (I was assuming the favorite would win, not the longshot), I had a nice surprise and ended up with over a billion in my bank. I quit playing that game since I wanted to try out another schedule.

Some players dislike the betting cheat, but meh. If a player wants to cheat something, they'll figure out how to do it. I don't participate in the league so I could care less on the opinions of others on how I play my game.

Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:14 am
Handicapper

Betting a lot somehow acts as an invisible handicap on the horse. This leads to several observations:

1 - play on easy while you figure things out, the betting handicap seems less
    2 - if your horse is a dog, but just might squeak into the money, DON'T BET ON IT ;) (literally, really) *
    3 - when looking for horses to cheat bet, look for either solid winners, or long odd winners
    4 - use vehicles that allow smaller bet amounts (long odds, E/W, the win or place accumulators)

* though when testing this out, I did try betting high on every horse likely to beat my horse. :wink: I felt like the reverse math mafia. 8)

Also, if betting no cheat, no look ahead. Look for horses dropping down in class. They usually haven't won in the prior class recently, so are put up as long shots and will usually win if not place. If the odds aren't greater than 4-1, E/W won't make you money either. So you get the best of both, a likely solid winner at low odds.

If desperate for cash and using the look ahead cheat, I don't like to crash my game much. Play forward a day. Note any horse that won by 2 3/4 lengths or more. Bet once on it to win if it did. One more bet for each added length. Note any horses that won, by any margin, but had odds of at least 10-1 or higher. Bet those E/W. Some days there are no betting opportunities, or just one or two. Then force close.

If you have two horses at the same meet that make the win, or e/w likely good bet list: bet on them using the accumulators. Remember that is "a bet" so don't bet on them singly unless that margin was high. If you do lose, you don't lose much. But when they pay it is nice. And since it is low money, you probably have it on hand. Betting this way, the takes should always be good enough you don't want to crash the game again and retry. Or if a loss, it is under £5k, and is fine.

Though, my preferred "bet" is on buying claimers. Is more of a US thing.

Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:50 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]