View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:44 pm

Reply to topic  [ 435 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 29  Next
 Breeding diary 
Group 3 winner

Post Re: Breeding diary
Ouch that's not good, so if anyone breed full 3yo while u could will dominate the league. :lol: I think I last played the game around patch 94 :lol: I enjoyed playing last night. Let's hope the game play stays the same, that's what was getting on my nerves. I do like it if u can't get full 3yo so u horses can keep improve as they get older, it's like the way the game used to be years ago.

Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:43 pm
Group 2 winner

I have had some horses stay at 100% even when they are 7yo or 8yo but they don't perform any better on the flat at that age but I see a difference in my NH chasers.

Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:50 pm
Group 1 winner

I brought this up 2 or 3 weeks ago and took alot of flack for it I dont want to go over
old ground or cause another barney but merely to answer your question John it is
possible but it's a bit like finding a needle in a haystack & this is why im only playing the
NH game.

Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:59 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Wannabe wrote:
ghosty wrote:
I had a play with it last night on the flat and can u not get full 3yo bars any more!!!!

About 3 or 4 patches ago all my 100% 3yo horses started breeding 92% horses and I have never bred anything bettter since.

Also, I had a string of horses that were about 95% as 3yo and 100% as 4yo. Now all my horses don't reach 100% until they are 5yo.

It's fine for my NH horses as you want them to mature later, but it is a pain in the butt for my flat horses.

I think Paul mentioned this about 2 weeks ago and that was why he switched to breeding NH horses.

I brought this up 2 or 3 weeks ago and took alot of flack for it I dont want to go over
old ground or cause another barney but merely to answer your question John it is
possible but it's a bit like finding a needle in a haystack & this is why im only playing the
NH game

Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:00 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

That's good to know boys , just playing for fun so if I don't get a full bar so be it. I hope it now stays this way because when it changes it upsets someone.

Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:12 pm
Handicapper

Would this issue of full bar 2 & 3yos have anything to do possibly that the fact breeding mares are still having multiple offspring in the same breeding season. So the average % of producing potential or other bars is then decreased because of this as the code averages out over a multiple rather than just initial Stallion and Mare. Just a thought or observation i have been thinking about with the Flat game.

Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:58 am
Group 3 winner

What are your experiences of the breeding side so far? Is there more randomness, or is it so that two horses with high bars still produces a foal within those bars range?

And how does the transfer system work now? Is it possible to transfer horses between games as in SO6?

Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:53 am
Handicapper

MaLuckyDay wrote:
Would this issue of full bar 2 & 3yos have anything to do possibly that the fact breeding mares are still having multiple offspring in the same breeding season. So the average % of producing potential or other bars is then decreased because of this as the code averages out over a multiple rather than just initial Stallion and Mare. Just a thought or observation i have been thinking about with the Flat game.

Doesn't make sense statistically, or with other changes in those patches. He lowered the foals per mare in a nearby patch. If it were related like you think then there would have been more "bar" to go around between the fewer foals. So it should have gone up then, not down. It did change in a patch where he was making changes to how the light bar filled in with dark bar.

Taunton wrote:
What are your experiences of the breeding side so far? Is there more randomness, or is it so that two horses with high bars still produces a foal within those bars range?

And how does the transfer system work now? Is it possible to transfer horses between games as in SO6?

There is more randomness. You do not always produce foals within the range of parents on potential. Though, in an earlier game, I swear I had one foal with a bar better than both parents, once. More often if it is out of range, it is below them. But still usually between. It seems somewhat less random on the non-potential bars, but I haven't spread-sheeted to track how much.

(don't ask me why I decided spread-sheeted became a verb, need more coffee?)

I haven't transferred in yet, though it is there and I sent horses to pool. But since I'm doing full data wipes between test games, they always go "poof". Not a bug, my choice to do clean slate data testing in beta.

Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:50 pm
Handicapper

Just adding some evidence behind the 'something has changed to get 100% potential horses argument'.

I've been struggling to get any 100% horses for a while now, regardless of age. Doesn't matter too much to me I just put it down to genetic deficiency.

Anyway, I've exported several of my 90-95% potential horses from 100% potential stallions to the pool, de-patched my game back to 0.074, started a new game and imported the horses again. All horses are imported and end up with 100% potential.

Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:03 am
Group 1 winner

ikem007 wrote:
Just adding some evidence behind the 'something has changed to get 100% potential horses argument'.

I've been struggling to get any 100% horses for a while now, regardless of age. Doesn't matter too much to me I just put it down to genetic deficiency.

Anyway, I've exported several of my 90-95% potential horses from 100% potential stallions to the pool, de-patched my game back to 0.074, started a new game and imported the horses again. All horses are imported and end up with 100% potential.

Thanks for confirming this yes something certainly happend after 0.074 that effected potential

its certainly an issue for the league as right now I only have 100% flat 3YO's exported to the gamepool as would
anyone who goes back to the patch before 74 and we certainly have an unfair advantage on trainers who have
started since 74 and to me this was my point in the first place.

Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:01 am
Profile WWW
Handicapper

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
And we certainly have an unfair advantage on trainers who have

Agreed on the advantage. However would this affect the league constantly or only the first running? I've never entered (hoping too with SO7) so don't have a clue about it.

I think it was a patch around 090-097 somewhere where potential dipped. I only used 074 to be certain as it's the farthest back I can go where my laptop doesn't crash starting a game.

I also recall an early issue where horses weren't reaching potential. Mark implemented a fix and if you TTF horses out and into a new game after the patch, if they were meant to have higher potential they would increase, exactly as what has happened in this case going backwards. I'm wondering if that initial fix was accidentally removed?

Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:01 am
Group 1 winner

ikem007 wrote:
pjrhodes1970 wrote:
And we certainly have an unfair advantage on trainers who have

Agreed on the advantage. However would this affect the league constantly or only the first running? I've never entered (hoping too with SO7) so don't have a clue about it.

I think it was a patch around 090-097 somewhere where potential dipped. I only used 074 to be certain as it's the farthest back I can go where my laptop doesn't crash starting a game.

I also recall an early issue where horses weren't reaching potential. Mark implemented a fix and if you TTF horses out and into a new game after the patch, if they were meant to have higher potential they would increase, exactly as what has happened in this case going backwards. I'm wondering if that initial fix was accidentally removed?

In the league the horse remains the same only his her rating is changed during the season

Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:14 am
Profile WWW
Group 3 winner

If this is what we had the start of the game it would have been great but because it's changed a bit it impacts the game now. My jumpers are struggling to get full now.

Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:46 am
Handicapper

League horses from the Beta phase!?
Don't think this should be possible! I know some played SO7 hardcore but it's still beta were you can take advantage of the not ready version.
Just my opinion.

Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:48 pm
Group 3 winner

Moliets_Surfer wrote:
League horses from the Beta phase!?
Don't think this should be possible! I know some played SO7 hardcore but it's still beta were you can take advantage of the not ready version.
Just my opinion.

What I like about how the game is now is u don't know how far the potential bar of a 3yo goes up to unlike SO6 where u know it's full. Not knowing the bars adds something to the casual and league players. Will Mark reset the game, only he knows. I think it will be hard either way, if u waiting for it to come out of Beta to play it u want a reset but if u put in the hours then of course u don't. As i've only played a bit i'm Ok with either. I wonder when it will come out of Beta.

Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:02 pm
Reply to topic   [ 435 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 29  Next