View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:37 pm

Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 What's Happening in My Game SO7 Edition 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: What's Happening in My Game SO7 Edition
Sirus I've said it from the very start , the biggest problem with this game is the AI. Instead of Mark fixing lots of little things he needs to fix this big thing because its useless and it shortens the life of the game . I wonder if he even knows this . Fix the breeding barn or the game has a short life span . This is a 6 out of 10 game as this moment and with this fix it would be a 8 or 9 out of 10 .

Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:54 am
Group 1 winner

strange goings on in this thread stays marked as unread

Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:43 pm
Profile WWW
Handicapper

I have started a new game with the bars off. I wondered about the contribution of different bars in SO7 vs SO6. So I figured to play a number of seasons with no bars, and then "unmask" it once I has the stable regularly producing at least some stakes winners and see what they look like. It is harder as you can't tell who are the dud yearlings to sell ASAP as 2 year olds. But I managed to barely paying its way. No cheesing to compare with my other save.

My other comparison save is a UK flat that is 13 seasons into it now, with bars shown. I'm starting to produce graded winners and have at least one multiple G1 winner homebred stud now. Even getting graded winning mares requesting to breed to the one starter horse I kept and later stood with fair starts to start with. Its a son who is the best G1 winner.

The LOOK MA NO BARS save is UK combined, since if I get winning jumpers I want to see what they looked like too with no preconceptions.

Here is the odd part. In my first homebred crop to race (claimer mares/cheap old broodmares sent to cheap studs) has two graded winners (crop of about 10). Both have never been out of the money as 2yos and it is just April of thier 3yo season. The G3 winner is a distance horse and may do for some classics (got 3rd in the Criterium 1m2f Nov as 2yo, got the G2 in SA in Jan at 1m1f and has won/placed in two early 1m2f condition races). Very promising.

Then there is the one I figured was a sales foal. Named him "Giant Meteor" (was an election joke here). Mare was a £1300 15 yr old broodmare buy with nearly no race record but one G3 offspring, sire was a winner of a single G2 with a fee of ~£15000 but with a good production record. Looks like a miler/1m1f horse and is 1/1/1 and never out of the money in 8 starts up to Apr 3yo (just won UAE Derby) and all starts are black type except his maiden. Soooooo. I am dying to look at his bars!

So that's whats happening.

How many seasons should I run each to get a good comparison before unmasking the bars you think?

Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:38 pm
Handicapper

Really want this SO7 game to work.

IMO merging the SO6 game breeding engine with the Game engine of SO7 would be the ultimate game.
Game in Beta for 6 months now. It should be a lot closer to finish and workable version now.

What’s happening in my game now..?

95% of my G1 homebreds are producing offspring no more than 50% potential after 30 seasons in.

Even the race times of the winners of Group 1 races are getting worse season after season.

Lots of races with no qualifiers or entries due to very low level rated horses.

As I said
SO6 breeding engine with S07 Game engine is the Ultimate Starters Orders.

Hope we get the finished article soon.

Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:06 pm
Group 1 winner

I've scrapped the previous approach and have gone back to old school play using the league option. One main save that is 6 seasons in. Trying to cover all the distance ranges. Being a US game 2 mile and up horses are hard to come by. My modded schedule has a bunch of 2 mile features that helps me acquire some 2 mile stock. The AI in my modded schedule always makes the Australian and Canadian horses much better than every other nation. It's annoying but it gives me a breeding objective to aim for - breed horses that beat the Oz and Canuck beasts.

My current stable. Just over 30 horses. Any more horses will make it too tiresome to manage being a manual trainer. In these early years I deal almost exclusively in fillies. That way I can breed all the keeper fillies to the proven best stallions. Sometime in the future I will get a beast stallion out of this.

A keeper filly early on for me is at least 50% potential. Quite a change from the previous game where a 50% would get tossed immediately. Now with the league option hiding almost all the stats, investigating lineage and foal history becomes important. I look for a sire or dam who has produced a good percentage of 100+ rated horses from their offspring. As the lineage gets longer in a horse this has to continue through the lineage.

The best horse I've bred so far.

The sire - An Australian beast as usual. They are always heaps better than the rest of the world. Many Group 1 winners and 100+ rated horses.

The dam - Not very impressive foals with the exception of this one. Which shows the power of the Australian sires. They consistently throw good horses. Much more than the other nations.

The top sires. Notice all the Oz horses and the other foreign nations. I've complained about how the foreign horses are much better than the US horses in my US game but nothing has and/or can be done about it. Now I just deal with it. I made a US schedule with all the premier features from all of the nations in the game. Add to that I added many stud farms to every nation so as time goes by I can breed to many good sires from all of the nations.

Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:54 am
Group 1 winner

Sirus I think playing it this way is way more fun than having lots of different games open plus winning races this way will make winning any races in the league better in my eyes. I put some 2m+ races in my US +OZ so it can give me a chance to breed longer distance horses . I have a max of 50 mares in my stable to bred to , if i had any more it would make my head hurt plus u know when those 50 goes into u stable u can throw away about 15 before u race them so u have about 35 horses to race every year before u start culling them through the season.

Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:35 am
Group 1 winner

ghostzapper74 wrote:
Sirus I think playing it this way is way more fun than having lots of different games open plus winning races this way will make winning any races in the league better in my eyes. I put some 2m+ races in my US +OZ so it can give me a chance to breed longer distance horses . I have a max of 50 mares in my stable to bred to , if i had any more it would make my head hurt plus u know when those 50 goes into u stable u can throw away about 15 before u race them so u have about 35 horses to race every year before u start culling them through the season.

I agree Ghost. It takes a little while to get used to the change in difficulty compared to S06 but the feeling you are slowly but surely building a nice breeding empire is more satisfying than quick success you got from SO6. Now you use your eye and examine pedigree and race records more carefully and hope something comes of it. More like real life.

I've played very little as of late and have just started playing some in the past few days. I'm playing my Australian schedule I've just created and am in the early years of the game. Lots of losses and the wins are mostly mid level stuff with a short stretch of Group 1 success with a couple horses. Winning and losing streaks are more prevalent in this game.

I got inspired to post this image because while the mare is middlin' at best - I can see her producing something good in the future because she has the right bars. A high speed bar and and very high acceleration and start bars. The potential is decent but this is where a top class sire will change things. Hopefully. :wink:

Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:28 am
Group 1 winner

I see a lot of posts from folks I've never replied to. I apologize for not responding. My mind is always very cluttered and a mess. I'm reading your replies and I thank you all for posting here.

Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:33 am
Group 1 winner

I found a beast sire currently playing an Australian game. Like in my US game the best sires are to be found in another country. In the US game the best studs were always from Australia. In the Australian game the best studs are from the US.

He's five crops in and the success of his progeny has catapulted his fee to over five million! He's depleting my bank account quickly. When money gets low I just cash a bet (I always win my bets :lol: :wink: } He's only hitting 50% winners from starters which is odd. The inset picture is of the best yearling I have ever seen in SO7. 90% potential.

Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:31 am
Group 1 winner

lol I just cashed my biggest bet ever. It took about twenty resets to get it. About 400k on an exacta featuring a 67-1 over an 8-1 netted me 158 million!

Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:55 pm
Group 1 winner

I came across the worst looking mare in a sale and because I have 100 million plus I decided to buy her just for the hell of it. She was 0 for 127 and upon arrival in my barn her potential was 10%. BUT she does have 100% acceleration which is highly sought after by me. 100% Start is desirable too.

I paid the 7 million stud fee on the sire described in the above posts and bred this lowly mare to him. This is her first foal...

I was quite surprised to see this. 85% potential for a yearling. Not too shabby.

Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:35 am
Handicapper

Good thing is she produced this Filly, so if you can breed her now to a stallion with 100% speed, you might get the next offspring with a higher result.

Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:29 am
Group 1 winner

MaLuckyDay wrote:
Good thing is she produced this Filly, so if you can breed her now to a stallion with 100% speed, you might get the next offspring with a higher result.

Fingers crossed on that. With league mode you only have four stats to obsess over - Potential,Speed,Acceleration and Starting. Each start of the new year I spend a long time just studying the sires and their stats hoping to find the right ones for the right horse.

Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:36 am
Selling plater

Hopefully the filly and her future offsprings turn out to be good for you Sirius

Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:06 pm
Group 1 winner

What does it take to get a 140 rating in this version??? This horse is the best in-game horse I've had so far. Seems to get stronger with every race.

Here's her last five races. She handily beat Primatico and Wooing who are the top two horses in the game besides her. The bottom race is the most recent. Her latest win she won by five lengths with the jockey flying the mighty fist in the air - the rating stayed the same. :? I have one race left to get to 140 before I retire her. It would be my first 140 rated horse in SO7.

Mon May 11, 2020 4:52 am
Reply to topic   [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next