View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:52 pm

Reply to topic  [ 191 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 13  Next
 Post Up Your Best! 
Handicapper

Post Re: Post Up Your Best!
pjrhodes1970 wrote:
hopefully he will trial well in CK but good Game horses often dont

On that note.. I wonder if horses have a hidden rating which determines in-game ability next to stats which doesn't apply in CK. Generally do you feel that visible stats translate to CK well?

Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:45 pm
Group 1 winner

more likely down to pot luck they just can be very different horses in game to in ck

Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:56 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Namor wrote:
pjrhodes1970 wrote:
hopefully he will trial well in CK but good Game horses often dont

On that note.. I wonder if horses have a hidden rating which determines in-game ability next to stats which doesn't apply in CK. Generally do you feel that visible stats translate to CK well?

I think it's the pace of the races. The in game races are always run at a fast pace where CK races are more natural run races. Different type of races men different results. After the first season of the league last year we all got a feel for what type of horses u need to win good races and we all started to trail our races accordingly.

Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:11 pm
Group 1 winner

El Gran Senor trialed really well and his son El Tel is my 2nd best miler
& will be part of my league team
when it happens so happy ending

Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:25 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

The league is not run at a natural pace. It is run at a farcically slow pace where horses held up have absolutely no chance. Inferior horses, which led, won a lot of Group races they were nowhere near good enough to win.

Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:52 am
Handicapper

keithbeaky wrote:
The league is not run at a natural pace. It is run at a farcically slow pace where horses held up have absolutely no chance. Inferior horses, which led, won a lot of Group races they were nowhere near good enough to win.

All my horses are hold up horses. I have had some early pace and ridden handy horses and they haven't been competitive in CK. Stats wise they were actually close but results were wildly inferior. Is League a different animal than CK? Or might it have changed in comparison to SO5? Otherwise I might need to adjust my breeding and work on changing the style of my horses.

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
El Gran Senor trialed really well and his son El Tel is my 2nd best miler
& will be part of my league team
when it happens so happy ending

If I were to upload one of my milers.. would you be willing to trial it against yours?

Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:02 pm
Group 1 winner

yep

Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:13 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

I will add in handicaps with large fields you will get a truer pace, though it was still hard for hold up horses to win. Obviously this is related to SO5 and the racekit, if there is one, may and hopefully will be different in SO6. Though you'll do well to have a league this year.

Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:23 pm
Handicapper

Good to know.. then again I would trust my CK results because there is probably not much else I could do.

Have arrived here now.. should have an upload ready soon. She probably is my best horse as of now.

Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:32 pm
Group 1 winner

Sigh...

GhostZapper and KeithBeaky your posts have been deleted. Feel free to re-type your replies without the personal insults.

Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:06 pm
Group 1 winner

Its great. Everywhere I go. Keep it up chaps!

You can leave his post. The irony is..... well...... just amazing!

Learn to read :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:10 pm
Handicapper

I got the relevant information from it. Essentially regardless of how a league race works I will need to have a broad amount of different horse types for CK to simulate a competitive environment.

I can't comment on the personal feuds that seem to exist but let's focus on my nice filly, shall we?

Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:19 pm
Group 1 winner

In the ck you determine the pace of the race by which horses you put into the race. So when you TRIAL(my English is awful) you decide the pace. A lot of people use pacemakers in their trials, therefore horses running off an even pace or held up get a true run race and often do well.

In the SO5 league there were no pacemakers. No one is going to enter a pacemaker into the league as it wont win a race. Also not many make all horses did well in trials so not many were entered into the league. So the pace in the league was significantly slower than when most trainers ran their trials in the ck. This led to a lot of races being run at a very slow pace compared to races in both the ck and in real life racing. Many G1's were run at a speed under 33mph and over 2m+ some races were run at less than 30mph. This is not a "natural pace" and put most hold up horses at a huge disadvantage. They were often out of the screen and many, many lengths behind after 1f. Again this is not normal or natural. They would not try to make up this ground until way too late and therefore have no chance of doing so.

Mark has acknowledged this as a major problem in SO5. As for a league in SO6 you will be waiting a long time.

Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:07 pm
Group 1 winner

I don't see u name on the trainers title and yet u know so much.

Last edited by ghostzapper74 on Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:55 pm
Group 1 winner

Namor wrote:
keithbeaky wrote:
Can someone translate that into English please?

I don't know any of you.. and therefore have no negative opinion about anybody.. Please don't make me change my mind. I am sure you are a smart guy, but carry that with some humility. As a non native speaker I feel invariably attacked by aforementioned comments so cut it out. Thanks in advance, I do value your input and would like to hear more of it in the future.

ghostzapper74 wrote:
keithbeaky wrote:
In the ck you determine the pace of the race by which horses you put into the race. So when you TRIAL(my English is awful) you decide the pace. A lot of people use pacemakers in their trials, therefore horses running off an even pace or held up get a true run race and often do well.

In the SO5 league there were no pacemakers. No one is going to enter a pacemaker into the league as it wont win a race. Also not many make all horses did well in trials so not many were entered into the league. So the pace in the league was significantly slower than when most trainers ran their trials in the ck. This led to a lot of races being run at a very slow pace compared to races in both the ck and in real life racing. Many G1's were run at a speed under 33mph and over 2m+ some races were run at less than 30mph. This is not a "natural pace" and put most hold up horses at a huge disadvantage. They were often out of the screen and many, many lengths behind after 1f. Again this is not normal or natural. They would not try to make up this ground until way too late and therefore have no chance of doing so.

Mark has acknowledged this as a major problem in SO5. As for a league in SO6 you will be waiting a long time.

No all pacemakers are fast pacemakers, pacemakers can just be front runners without having to run all out.

How many runners did u have in the last season None, so how would u know :!:

I had a horse called Miesque who won the 1000 Guineas in a slow run race and yet was last half way into the race and still came through to win. Most of my runners in the last season of the league was Hold Up horse's and yet I finished with 47 winners and a strike rate of nearly 33%. U talking crap again.

So how did I do it :?: Perhaps if I knew how to bred horses I would have been better at it.

BTW what do u mean we will be waiting a long time for a league in SO6, if u know something please enlighten us.

Regardless of actual pace. I do think I need some of everything just to simulate multiple different environments. If I can test a horse under different circumstance I will be able to gauge it's average performance in a real setting. I guess the majority of horses run at even pace. I am concentrating hard on the Guineas currently. You think my filly would stand a chance?

My advice is just bred the best u can, whatever type of horse is u best. My best horses are hold up horses just like u, I wouldn't worry about it. U breeding looks like it's working to me.

Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:58 pm
Reply to topic   [ 191 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 13  Next