View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:47 am

Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Starters Orders 6 Playthrough (A new beginning! Ep 1 is up!) 
Handicapper

Post Starters Orders 6 Playthrough (A new beginning! Ep 1 is up!)
Hey guys, so I've taken a rather long break from SO and I'm keen to get back into it. I looked around youtube for some videos about it, hoping to find a playthrough of some kind to listen to/watch as I played. I couldn't find anything really like that, so I decided to make one myself.

I'm far from a pro at this, but if anyone wants to have a watch and play along with me, here are the videos:

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10 THE END?!

*UPDATE* A new beginning - Hanover Lodge 2.0!
Part 1

And if anyone knows of a good playthrough for me to watch, let me know!

Last edited by Sabella on Tue May 24, 2016 10:08 am, edited 11 times in total.

Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:53 pm
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Starters Orders 6 Playthrough
Great Video Sabella Hope the cough and cold clear up

Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:27 pm
Profile WWW
Handicapper

love the idea and will watch it after the champs league game lol!

Love watching these, when i used to play football manager, i used them to get me back in the mood to play it after spells of boredom!

Hope you keep at it!

Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:56 pm
Site Admin

Thanks for doing this Sabella. People regularly email in asking for extra help or guides so this will be a great help for newbies. If you record any more please post links in this thread. Thanks.

PS.
I'm not sure when you recorded this but looking at a couple of screens it looks like your version is a few months out of date.

Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:28 pm
Handicapper

Thanks PJ, the cold's taking it's sweet time to leave, of course :roll:

Fousty, that's exactly why I was looking for an SO one, but couldn't find one!

Mark, it definitely had a couple of patches to install - I'd installed one and thought it was up to date, but definitely not, lol! It's all good now. I'm glad you're okay with this. I thought you would be, but still nice to be sure :)

I'll play some more when I get home from work tonight. I'm keen to get stuck into it and get some more races under my belt!

Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:34 am
Site Admin

Quote:
I'll play some more when I get home from work tonight. I'm keen to get stuck into it and get some more races under my belt!

I'll make this a sticky so it doesn't get lost. If you do make any more videos it may be best to add any actual links to the first post so people don't have to wade through the whole thread.

If you know have to operate the jockey mode it would be great if you could have a stab at riding one (just once maybe) in a video. I get a lot of emails requesting jockey mode help. The jockey mode has been tweaked and fiddled with a number of times so maybe people get confused with it all. Or maybe it's just too difficult. It does involve the need for quite subtle pace adjustments and correct start/finish actions. I do update the docs with the game but need to check again it is up to date as I'm not sure. It is better to ride one with a chance of winning as your input will then likely have more effect rather than a horse stuck out the back outpaced. I had intended to do one myself but may never get around to it and anyway you have a good voice over technique where as I don't (apparently).

Thanks again!

Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:08 am
Handicapper

keep it up sabella hope youre stable virus subsides and keep going,not many lets plays on so 6,good work.

Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:29 am
Handicapper

Thanks Frankel!

I've never yet played jockey mode, but when I get some time I'll learn the controls and ride one of my G1 horses from a different save for a video. I've always wanted to give that side of the game a go, but never got around to it, so I'll definitely do it at some point.

I just recorded about half an hour's play, but managed to mute my microphone for almost the entire thing, so I've reset my save file back to what it was before I started playing tonight, and I'll have another crack in a couple of days :roll: honestly!

I'd love to do it tomorrow but I'll be at work for about 13 hours, so I don't think I'll be fit to play the game when I get home, lol!

Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:22 pm
Selling plater

Well done Sabella, please keep it up. Fan of your mods (and horses) in SO5, Share your disappointment that
game play was not the main focus of SO6. Trying to get into jump mode , still not great and the stamina stats in that worse than the flat. Any way good luck.
dotsy

Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:27 pm
Selling plater

Post Re: Starters Orders 6 Playthrough (Episode 2 is up!)
Thank you for the videos. You have given me some good pointers as I have just picked up this game.

Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:31 pm
Group 1 winner

Sabella Great Video you have a great voice for doing this .

A few recommendations for you below.

dont give up on Native Colony he ran green twice which means he only ran to about 50% of his potential maybe less
they never run green a 3rd time or i have not seen it happen so expect better from him he is worth sticking with
could win some nice handicaps next season

Francesca lost her last race before the start she needs some company going to the start so i would hire help

I am afraid Sita is a dead loss and will never win a race recomend sticking her in a claimer at ideal distance with a light jockey
onboard she might even struggle to win a claimer

Not sure about the other one could be a lost cause too but would stick with the other 2

Fog has little effect on ground just a visibility issue

Your stable location is somewhere in Cumbria (Middle of nowhere :lol: )

Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:04 am
Profile WWW
Selling plater

Great Videos, love your enthusiasm, can't wait for the next instalment.
I'm a Starters Orders 2 man my-self, simple and great graphics, but I enjoy watching your videos.
Keep it up and good luck.

Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:28 pm
Handicapper

Thanks for the advice PJ! I'll give Native Colony another run next play, and see how he goes :) I'm strangely attached to Sita. I think she's my favourite because I'm a ridiculous sentimental GIRL about horses, haha, but I'll probably end up sticking her in a claimer and letting her go.

Herrbear and Loner, I'm glad you guys are enjoying the playthrough so far. I missed SO2, started really playing when SO3 came out, but in a way I do miss the relative simplicity of the earlier games, so I can definitely understand why you're an SO2 man, Loner.

I'm going to play another session today, hopefully we can manage to start getting somewhere, haha!

Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:59 am
Site Admin

Thanks. I’ll put a link on facebook as I get a lot of requests for help from there.

Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:02 am
Site Admin

PS. I sent you an email regarding the jockey mode if you wan't to have a go with that. It may be the wrong email though. If so please email in.

Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next