View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 5:08 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 New to Game and Horse Racing - What to Strive For? 
Selling plater

Post New to Game and Horse Racing - What to Strive For?
I just recently purchased the game and I'm enjoying it a lot. I'm brand new to horse racing as well. I have fun with all the aspects. What I'm wondering is what is the overall objective? Is it to amass the most amount of money, win the most races, win the Triple Crown (USA)? What are each of you striving to achieve and what should I strive for (besides having fun!)?

Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:05 pm
Group 1 winner

Post Re: New to Game and Horse Racing - What to Strive For?
BKL wrote:
I just recently purchased the game and I'm enjoying it a lot. I'm brand new to horse racing as well. I have fun with all the aspects. What I'm wondering is what is the overall objective? Is it to amass the most amount of money, win the most races, win the Triple Crown (USA)? What are each of you striving to achieve and what should I strive for (besides having fun!)?

World Domination
Which game do you play the UK or USA each has different targets

UK - i love campaigning a horse on the derby route then try and win an Arc & Breeders Cup with Derby winner

USA - Getting an unbeaten Triple Crown winner at 3 then send him around the world at 4

Australia - I really have not worked it out yet there are alot of classics im not sure which are the most important
there are lots of Guineas & Derby's i have no idea which is the more major race i Think there are 4 Australian Derbys
all in different regions. This is something i have always wanted to find out but never got round to it

Maybe Thomas can fill me in

Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:59 pm
Profile WWW
Group 2 winner

Thanks pj, a Derby is a group one & a Guineas is also a group one.
I think I better retire before I put my foot in my mouth pj. :lol:

Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:30 pm
Group 1 winner

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
BKL wrote:

World Domination
Which game do you play the UK or USA each has different targets

UK - i love campaigning a horse on the derby route then try and win an Arc & Breeders Cup with Derby winner

USA - Getting an unbeaten Triple Crown winner at 3 then send him around the world at 4

Australia - I really have not worked it out yet there are alot of classics im not sure which are the most important
there are lots of Guineas & Derby's i have no idea which is the more major race i Think there are 4 Australian Derbys
all in different regions. This is something i have always wanted to find out but never got round to it

Maybe Thomas can fill me in

In the real world - the Cox Plate (wfa) is the yearly test for the best horse from a purest point of view.
The Melbourne Cup is the "race that stops a nation" 3200m staying test which now attracts an international field and may be the richest race in Oz and the world.
The VRC Derby and Crown Oaks is arguably the biggest race for 3yos.
The Caulfield Cup 2400m is another cracker - These races are all part of the Spring Carnival and is pretty much the main racing carnival in Oz.

For 2yos from my knowledge, The Blue Diamond Stakes in Melbourne and The Golden Slipper in Sydney are the big two - Big prize money!
I think they are the two richest 2yo races in the world.
Oh I should include the Magic Millions for 2yos too.

Outside of these races, look for
The Epsom Handicap
Australia Cup
Sydney Cup
The Metropolitan

In the game - any of the Open rich sprints 1000m > 1200m are all big races in Oz as well but they don't have the 'prestige' of the above mentioned.

Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:12 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]