View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 3:51 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Jockey Feedback question 
Selling plater

Post Jockey Feedback question
This might have been answered in the past, but I didn't see it. I am playing the American game and I had a horse extend his endurance a bit to win the Preakness Stakes, a 9.5 furlong race. In the jockey feedback the jockey said that this distance was probably far enough, but then went on to suggest that I should enter the horse in the Brooklyn Stakes, a 12 furlong race. Why does the jockey suggest this when the horse shouldn't be able to get that distance?

Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:37 am
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Jockey Feedback question
It's because the Preakness is a prep race for the Brooklyn Stakes. It's a mix up in the AI where the jockey knows the horse only just got the trip, but the way the schedule is programmed is telling him that he should suggest the race for which that race was a prep.

Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:08 am
Group 1 winner

Sometimes you just have to make your own judgement as well. Generally the jockey is around the mark - I race on Australian tracks and I get that same comment occasionally as well. Recently I had a 3yo who's best is over 1400m - it's slow to mature - I ran it over 1000m > 1200m and the jockey comment was to try a shorter distance.......my gut feel was to finally step it up to 1400m - so I did and it has won its last 2 starts over 1400m in listed company.

I know it is un-intended but sometimes this game mirrors real life where AI judgements as with humans, can be wrong :-)

Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:45 am
Selling plater

I wasn't going to enter him in the Brooklyn. I just thought it was weird. Even more so considering that the next logical race would be the Belmont Stakes, which is the same distance as the Brooklyn. Anyway, thanks for the replies.

Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:20 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]