View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:52 pm

Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post Your Spreadsheets 
Handicapper

Post Re: Post Your Spreadsheets
Spreadsheets look great and I am going to start a new game so I can use properly!! Thanks for uploading, do you know how to change the colours slightly as the font is really dark in the coloured cells on my machine and I cant read it properly.

Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:16 am
Selling plater

Hello again :)

I've just started adding data to my updated spreadsheet but I've noticed it's no longer automatically updating my sire and dam information.

It's almost certainly a case of me messing up something during my ham-fisted attempts at moving my data to the new version but I don't know where to start in fixing it. Would you mind taking a look at my spreadsheet to see whether it is fixable? Or whether it is easier for you to correctly transfer my data to a new spreadsheet, lol.

On the main horses tab i've added lines 126 to 133 today, which is when I noticed the sire/dam info wasn't carrying over.

One thing I did have to do when moving my data across was delete the 'win%' column as that wasn't in my original spreadsheet and the extra column was causing data to paste into the wrong columns. Not sure if I've messed it all up as a result of that action.

Totally understand if it's too much time/hassle to try to fix things for me so please don't feel obligated.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5wp9jyx1a6pvgwi/Horse%20Data%203.2%20bwf.xlsx?dl=0

Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:27 pm
Selling plater

atiggerx33 wrote:
What information isn't carrying over? The Sires/Dams Pages look full of data to me. Are you saying it's not calculating properly? Or maybe I'm looking in the wrong place?

Edit: Nvm, I found the problem. It was not your fault, I should have been more clear, and I wasn't... I wasn't thinking, entirely my fault! When you transfer over pages that autofill a bunch of data for you, only copy and paste the data you had to enter, not all the data. For example on the Sires and Dams page, you should have just copied over their names, and let it autofill out their info again, when you copied and pasted everything it deleted the formulas for those columns. Again, it's not your fault, I should have been more clear on that. I had to paste everything back into a new file... I also changed your Fs and Ms (Female and Male) to "Female and "Male" that way it would actually count your male and female foal percentages. I think now that it counts the percentages you'll notice some interesting trends in some of your horses, like Marmato who after 6 foals has only thrown 1 male.

So you didn't do anything wrong by deleting the Win% column, it's designed that you can delete most columns. If you don't intend on using "Lifetime Scores" you can delete that entire page if you want, same goes for the "Scores" column on the Sire/Dam/Prospective Foal pages (since that column takes its info from the Lifetime Scores page).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hca45iwh4z78t ... .xlsx?dl=0

Nah, you probably just underestimated how much of an Excel dummy I was ;)

You're a star - thanks so much for fixing things!

For some reason, the sire scores tab has lost its colour coding now (but the dam scores tab is fine). If it's easy enough to talk me though how to fix that i'll do it at my end but if not don't worry.

Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:39 pm
Selling plater

Fixed it. Once I deleted that bottom row the others all got their colour coding back :)

Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:21 pm
Group 3 winner

I just want to say a big thank you to atiggerx33 for these great spreadsheets. It took me a while to register my horses, but it already gave me a better idea of their sterngths and weaknesses. I am looking forward to use these to enhance my breeding.

Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:14 pm
Selling plater

I know this is an old thread, but does anyone still have a blank copy of these spreadsheets? I've tried the links, and I don't think they are working any more. Thanks in advance.

Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:16 am
Group 3 winner

gsamons wrote:
I know this is an old thread, but does anyone still have a blank copy of these spreadsheets? I've tried the links, and I don't think they are working any more. Thanks in advance.

I have. But I am not very good at uploading :D .

But if you PM me your email I can send it to you.

Daniel

Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next