View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 4:43 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 I have no idea how to play! 
Selling plater

Post I have no idea how to play!
Can someone please help me!

1, How do I auction horses?

2, How to I make a horse a non-runner when it gets injured?

3, Do the horses train without you watching the gallop?

4, Any other Tips MUCH APPRECIATED

Thanks in advance!

Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:46 am
Group 1 winner

Post Re: I have no idea how to play!
MikeeT wrote:
Can someone please help me!

1, How do I auction horses?

2, How to I make a horse a non-runner when it gets injured?

3, Do the horses train without you watching the gallop?

4, Any other Tips MUCH APPRECIATED

Thanks in advance!

Hi Mike :)

1) to do a basic auction - click on your horse and it's info will come up. You'll see the letter 'A' click on that it will then take your horse to the next auction. Next to 'A' you can type in a reserve price first and then click 'A' - either way you will still get good coin for your horse.

2) this one took me a long while to work out too! - make sure you are in your 'training screen' then click the arrow in the top right corner. Find your horse that needs to be scratched - follow its name across to the furthest right - there is a brown 'box' - click on that - click on 'declarations' then click on the race entered then unbook the jockey and remove the horse.

3) yes, if you are playing owner/trainer in easy train mode. You can play as trainer only (from memory) and you become hands on with training each horse.

4) there are tonnes of tips lol :-) buy a few very cheap horses so you can breed and sell their 2yo's (to build a bank - and don't blow your bank early) the few good performers you have - race them in grades that they will win or at worse, place. once they have aged - breed with them and see how their offspring perform - either keep or sell AND never geld a colt or stallion.

Good luck and Good Racing!

ALSO click on the online league forum - as the online league has just started - you can click on links to watch the races being run each week and if it interests you, it will give you something to aim at for the following season :-)

Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:34 am
Selling plater

Thanks a lot mate! Those were my biggest concerns at the moment!

I will definitely be back with more questions haha! Although my 3rd ever runner won at 50/1 so I must have some decent beginners luck!

Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:10 pm
Selling plater

Can you tell me why like every time I train my horse get injured?! Driving me mad!

Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:41 am
Group 2 winner

MikeeT wrote:
Can you tell me why like every time I train my horse get injured?! Driving me mad!

Are you actually training the horses yourself? I think the easiest thing to do is just to select 'simple training mode' when starting a game, it means horses are ready to run and in top shape as long as you give 3-4 weeks between races.

Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:14 am
Group 1 winner

Even in easy train mode your horses will occasionally get injured. I suppose it just mirrors the real world :-)

Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:29 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]