View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 6:13 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Racing tips 
Selling plater

Post Racing tips
Hi guys.

Just wondering if anyone can share some racing tips on here.

I usually just make a note of what the jockey says and race around that but say a horse likes restrained, says preference is 6f but has no stamina but is speedy, would it be preferable to race them in a 5f with even pace or race handy? Reason for this is you don't won't them to trail to far in a 5f and know that they have got no stamina.

Same as if ur racing a 1m2f horse over 1m4f or 1m5f that likes even pace. Wouldn't it be better to race it restrained or hold up so it lasts the distance? And preferably your horse will have enough quickness to pick up and make up the ground.

Just wondering if I'm thinking about things the right way so any advice would be much appreciated.

Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:35 pm
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Racing tips
Personally I keep the instructions real simple. For hold up horses all I pick is don't lead and prefer inside. The jockey will usually find the suitable place in the race. For front runners or speedy horses I give no instructions with the exception of sometimes choosing prefer inside. Again the jockey usually finds the right spot.

Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:35 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]