View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:40 am

Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 What's happening in my game 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: What's happening in my game
Hopefully you'll get more cruising burst when it turns 3 :-)

Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:42 am
Group 1 winner

The Pegasus Championship is being run for the first time in the league this season so I decided to trial at the conditions of the Pegasus...

Florida / 9 furlongs / Dirt

...to come up with a breeding pair to produce foals to win those exact conditions.

Delfinium is a Group 3 winner in the league. A weak Group 3 winner. Alarm is league quality and he may be a mid season substitute.

These are the first three foals. Pegasus Pete was a near Triple Crown winner. A better ride was needed. Siren is about to commence his 3yo season after going undefeated as a 2yo winning the Breeders Cup Juvenile to end the year. Runforyourlives just debuted winning a January maiden sprint with a 121 rating.

All I need to finish this project is a filly. Nothing but colts so far. I like to get a keeper colt and filly before I move on from a pairing. Pegasus Pete can only muster 3rd's against the trial group at the conditions so he isn't what I'd hoped for. Maybe these next two will pick it up.

Fri May 05, 2017 8:03 am
Group 1 winner

I took my competitive league handicapper Man Cave and bred him to three mares who had stats that helped compensate for his weak stats.

Note to self - Look at the sex of a horse before naming them. Northern Man just won the Arlington Million by 7 lengths in game record time. There is a third even better than these two half brother but photobucket won't load the picture. All three are 4yo's and all should retire at 5 with 140 ratings.

Tue May 09, 2017 3:59 am
Group 1 winner

A game changing (in mine at least) gamebred stallion??? I was winding down my game above that featured the sire Man Cave when I came across this gamebred sire in the breeding barn. An undefeated Dubai based 5 furlong sprinter from the first crop of horses in this particular save.

Silver Hawk was undefeated and won 9 Group 1's. Most wins were impressive showing an ability to lead and to come from off the pace. You rarely see this with a 5 furlong gamebred. He won the Dubai race in 1:10 and change in a race I didn't watch. That's a game made time without the aid of me using tab to speed up the race. That is rarified air in terms of time in my game at least.

I transferred in 6 of the best sprinter mares I have and bred away. Half of the foals had +90% potential as 2yo's. I have been trying forever to get +90% 2yo's to no avail. Finally! I got one! :) He is gone forever now because I didn't archive the save to keep breeding to him but his offspring may leave an impact. They already are as good or better than what I have already in the CK.

Mon May 15, 2017 1:33 am
Group 1 winner

The foals a day after they all ran in their career ending Breeders Cup races at the age of 4.

Mon May 15, 2017 1:43 am
Selling plater

pratamab wrote:
The only possible explanation to Mericina in regards to ran 7th in Grade 1 race is:
The "Blue Arrow" on the left hand side next to dates & Race title Refus de Crédit, indicates the horse parading a little lazily. Come through my experience, the horse perform below her best.

This only my opinion though, it comes back to their pedigree as well. Some of pedigrees are able to cope with blue or red arrow during the pre-race.

I think the race depends mainly on dy jockey because if we have a good horse and we have a bad jockey it is lost.

Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:13 pm
Group 1 winner

Like most of my horses I breed she has a laid back disposition. The sire is one of mine and is pure speed. The dam is a gamebred from the breeding pool and she was always a restrained toward rear horse.

The horse in question has gone on to win three more Group 1's without losing and is about to hit a 140 rating.

Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:31 pm
Group 1 winner

I haven't put much work into my game since the last season ended. I'm waiting for SO7 to finally make my triumphant push to the top. :?

What I have done breaks from my normal method of breeding a pair or two a game. I decided to take my best sire stats wise and breed him to every mare I have ever saved starting with the first mares I saved to the pool - these mares are from when S06 first came out so they are pretty ancient. I got a bunch bred but having a huge stable of horses and playing the manual training like I prefer leads to game burnout quickly. I have no idea how Gray manages that ginormous stable of his. I put the game aside for awhile. I expect to slide in the standings this season but I'll have some competitive handicappers for sure.

State Fair - Has the highest stats total of all my sires. He is blazing speed.

Here is a look at the current stable residents. Being top trainer is quite easy in game and can be less than satisfying after awhile but I found with all these runners finding spots for them and eventually having them face each other in big races is rather exciting.

Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:32 am
Group 1 winner

Some of the charges up close...

Honor Roller - Injured in his second start after an ill-advised debut at 5fur. He missed the rest of the year. He came back at 3 and won the Withers, 2nd in the UAE Derby and Kentucky Derby then he won the Preakness. His speed is amazing.

River State - The only horse capable of getting 1m4f in the lot. Keeps getting injured which keeps the game a bit realistic

Engage - Probably the best looking of them all. I have high hopes he'll end his career undefeated. Won his debut cosily by three lengths while running green.

In Order - Forever I have been trying to get a horse with 100% Speed,Stamina and Starting. This one is close. Breed to right mare and I'll have it...hopefully.

Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:05 am
Group 1 winner

Doing some last minute breeding for the league. I expect my stable will be of lesser quality than last season.

I took my best mare stats wise and bred her to the best looking game sire in the breeding barn. The first foal was a nice filly stats wise all over except in the potential department. She has been saved to the pool and it should be easy to fix the potential deficiency. The second foal is this beast. Probably the best sprinter I've ever produced. He just ended his almost perfect career by dominating the Breeders Cup Sprint running 1:10 flat. That is a serious time.

Elusive

If you are new to the league this beast is still likely to get walloped by the top trainers sprinters. That's how tough the competition is.

Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:46 am
Group 1 winner

This is odd. I was playing around with this 5yo horse the game gave me at the start of a new save while I wait for the first foal from my transfer breeding to hit the barn.

I like to go fast with these horses (manual training) so I enter them in a race and run them, skip a month, then enter them in race a month ahead and race them, repeat, repeat. This makes the year fly by and is more entertaining than than just skipping every month just to get to the end of the year.

To make it faster and because the horse is almost always just a useful type and not a keeper, I skip the race day and do not watch the races.

This particular 5yo was undefeated going 4 for 4 in maiden and handicap races. The fifth race I decided to enter in an allowance and I wanted to watch the race. I did watch it using the tab button to watch in fast speed like I always do. The horse ran terribly and for the first time in the comments it said "The horse did not handle the turns". The head lad in the training screen said "This horse doesn't handle left handed turns". That's odd. The first four races of his career were all on left handed tracks. In fact, all the US tracks are left handed. He won all four of those races no problem.

Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:02 pm
Group 1 winner

Every now and then I like to start a new game, skip a season and then buy a cheap horse at auction and see if I can turn into a stakes winner. My usual approach is to look for a 3yo, bred for 1m3f and up, who has only had one start as a 2yo in a sprint race. These horses usually have a rock bottom rating that you can use to exploit handicaps before testing group company.

This go around I couldn't find a worthy horse after hitting every Thursday auction for five months. I finally settled on this horse. It's a 1m2f 2yo filly with one start in a 5fur race. She got a 71 rating which is a bit high for what I usually look for. I like the looks of her running line - She was 10 / 5.8 / 2.4 lengths behind at each call. She made up good ground in a race with a +0.9 standard time. That's a solid race. Let's start this journey to possible group placings. First I will go with low handicaps. Stay tuned.

Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:27 am
Group 1 winner

I gave her a month off to recoup from her previous trainers regime. She has a 1m2f stamina bar and the only suitable races for 2yo's are 1 mile races. I found a 0-90 handicap. A short field and unsuitable distance were against her but she did manage a nice 2nd. She might make group company in the end but my hopes aren't high. I'm going to wait for the 3yo season and find a 1m2f handicap for her next start.

Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:45 am
Group 1 winner

The 3yo debut was a winning one. I found a 1m2f race with a large field. She got a fast pace to rally into and showed a burst of acceleration in the deep stretch. We're moving ahead nicely. Think I'll wheel her back quickly into another handicap. I'm a manual trainer so quickly means 14-21 days rest and then find a race 14-21 days later.

Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:57 am
Group 1 winner

I thought I had something here. Maybe I still do. I found a suitable race but it was a short field. I scoped out the competition and they were mostly speed types. I put on the apprentice for a weight break. She ran a little closer to the pace than normal then flattened out in the stretch. The winner led all the way. The winner won cheekily. It had the perfect profile of the horse I look to buy at auction that I describe in my first post. It's exploiting handicaps and winning cheekily. :?

This horse looks like it could be more of a 1m1f type. That's what'll look for next. Still at handicap level.

Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:12 am
Reply to topic   [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next