View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:40 am

Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 What's happening in my game 
Group 1 winner

Post What's happening in my game
This is a thread for me to show some of the more intriguing happenings in my game.

After the league finished I set out on a breeding program with extra speed and acceleration being the key stats to build around. To try something different I went through all my transfers (around 300 transfers) and noted all the 5 to 6 furlong breeding indicator horses. I culled the best out of that group and started out on a long term save where I breed only 5 and 6 furlong horses. I breed my sire to every 5-6F mare in the shed. Lots of new 2yo's every year. I keep only the very best looking specimens and dump the rest.This is in save slot 1.

Next up in save slot 2 I will breed the 7 to 8 furlong horses when the time comes. Each slot will be for longer distances. Each slot/distance gets its own TTF file to help manage my transfers better and to make viewing similarly bred horses easier in the transfer pool screen.

So I'm almost ready to put the 5-6F save on hibernation for awhile as I have gathered a nice group of sprinters when a castoff of my top sprinting mare has come back to haunt me...

She walloped my beast I held onto and was geared down in the stretch. She ran a 1:22.74 seven furlongs which is the game record in a 30 year save. I want this one back...

When you play a very long save and focus your horses for a specific distance (6f) you can use times as a good gauge of who your best horses are. I watch all my races on the tab speed. Tab races usually run around 2 seconds faster than normal speed and are more realistic times for races. I haven't the patience to watch races at normal speed. So in 30 years of a save the best sprinters run sub 1:10.50 races. 1:09 races are rare even on fast dirt. The US tracks are generally the same so the times tend to be more uniform. Except Mj's Monmouth. It's blazing hot at the Jersey Shore track.

Here is one I will breed with next when I get back to the save. Lots of sub 1:10.50 races...

Here is a current snapshot of my 5-6 furlong transfer pool horses bred from only 5-6 furlong horses...

140 ratings for sprinters is almost impossible. Sprinters and mares get no respect ratings wise in this game. The most interesting horse of this group was Miss Tery. Eight wins and eight 2nd's in 18 starts. She would always miss by the slimmest of margins.

Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:37 am
Group 1 winner

Post Re: What's happening in my game
This is the filly that got beat by the castoff above. Undefeated at two in a brilliant campaign. I bring her back at three and completely destroy her record...

I prefer having my horses follow a traditional path of Maiden/Allowance/Non Feature Graded Race/Graded race. This one had the perfect progression then was beaten in her 3yo debut by another of my beasts which I will show later. Then she runs 7th! ...7th?! Unheard of with my racing stock. Then came the Test Stakes where she would finally get back on track and run a monster race. Not to be as the castoff above ran an amazing race to beat her.

The way I play I retire my horses at the end of their 4yo season. Getting an undefeated career from one of my horses is still a challenge for me. This one was on the way there but I totally ruined it.

Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:10 am
Group 1 winner

Well well It looks I may have a chance for revenge against Santo No the castoff mentioned above. She has gone on to win two more stakes to remain undefeated and is now entered in the Breeders Cup Filly and Mare Sprint where...

My current big horse is also entered. This is her final race and she is undefeated. She beat the horse in the above post to ruin an undefeated record. Santo No has the distance record for the game and looks freaky good.

Millie

The race. Who will win??? This is gonna be a race. I'm hoping they break the 1:22.0 barrier

Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:38 am
Selling plater

The only possible explanation to Mericina in regards to ran 7th in Grade 1 race is:
The "Blue Arrow" on the left hand side next to dates & Race title, indicates the horse parading a little lazily. Come through my experience, the horse perform below her best.

This only my opinion though, it comes back to their pedigree as well. Some of pedigrees are able to cope with blue or red arrow during the pre-race.

Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:05 pm
Group 1 winner

pratamab wrote:
The only possible explanation to Mericina in regards to ran 7th in Grade 1 race is:
The "Blue Arrow" on the left hand side next to dates & Race title, indicates the horse parading a little lazily. Come through my experience, the horse perform below her best.

This only my opinion though, it comes back to their pedigree as well. Some of pedigrees are able to cope with blue or red arrow during the pre-race.

Blue is always good I assume. The red indicator definitely means your horse will run not to peak. The horse in question has a "Laid Back" disposition so the blue arrow is expected. But you bring up a good point - one I never considered ...does a horse with a "Normal" disposition run worse when it shows up to the race with a blue arrow? Parading lazily as the head lad says. As I said blue is always good...I think?

Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:28 am
Group 1 winner

The battle of the two horses above happened and it was a doozy...

They both locked horns down the stretch and drew clear of the rest. Santo No took the lead with Millie at her nostril. Santo No never gave the lead up and held gamely. A great race to watch. 1:23.2 is a solid time but not as fast as I thought it would be.

Santo No ruined Millies undefeated career in her last race and went undefeated the rest of the year and they retired her. I bred my stallion Mega Weapon to her and the yearling is just about to enter the yard. Here's hoping it's a beast.

Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:37 am
Group 1 winner

This one is good. Just ran 7 furlongs in 1:22.79 on a good dirt track. Missed the 30+ year game save record for 7f by .05. I can't see this one getting beat. 95% potential at 3.

I like this sire Merlin.

Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:46 am
Group 1 winner

Well the one above Alone On Top lost in the Breeders Cup Sprint to an impressive AI horse. She lost by a nose. Getting a horse retired with an undefeated record is still hard to do. I'm a manual trainer and have always manual trained my horses. There is something fun about skipping days and waiting for your star horse to recover from its last race. Some horses recover faster and some slower. Running in races close together takes a big toll on a horse and you have to give an extended rest to the horse. All this micro training with a horse is fun. I have never once tried simple training.

The 2yo colt from Mega Weapon and Santo No has hit the shed and he looks lovely 8) He looks like a record setter.

Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:47 am
Selling plater

Not really sure what you mean by laid back.
But everytime my horse has a blue arrow or light red i always put them in the field before the race. Because i know they wont run well. At first I assume blue arrow always good but when it comes to the result after the race it hurts me lol.

When it comes to red arrow, you're right it wont race up to their ability. I always imagine this game as a real horse racing, when they sweat a lot or being lazy in parade ring they wont run any good

Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:08 pm
Group 1 winner

Right now I am looking at a paddock screen. There is a horse in the race listed as "Parading a little lazily. Very fit and primed to go." I gotta believe a blue arrow is always a good indicator.

Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:56 pm
Group 1 winner

Mega Santo had an impressive career. He is by two 5 furlong parents yet he had an added stamina bar. I took a shot at the Kentucky Derby and he won in good time. Took the Preakness also so I was forced to try the Belmont. He fell short. He has nice tractable speed which he uses to get in good position. In his career finale he led wire to wire. I've got a match for him in the breeding shed. Can't wait.

I've finished up the 5-6f group for now. Next I'll trial this group I've created at 5 and 6 furlongs to see who is the real deal...

Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:20 am
Group 1 winner

I've started my 7-8 furlong transfer breeding save. My first transfer pool keeper for the group had a 1m breeding indicator and stamina bar. He went on to win the triple crown. He looks like a quality animal. I have two that I have just put the finishing touches on their careers. The first one - Openandshutcase will go down as one of the best sprinters I've raced. He ran a slew of fast 6f times including a 1:10.22 in the Breeders Cup Sprint in his last race.

The other horse Manute was a superstar at 7f but just good at other distances. His 7f times were all really fast.

Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:07 am
Selling plater

Interesting that you run your sprinters at 2 year old, I always wait until they are 3 until I run mine.

Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:55 am
Group 1 winner

I've been collecting transfers for my 7-8 furlong save. So far I have 10. This is what a typical 1st day of a season looks like in my game. Every year a large group of 2yo's hits the barn and I get to decide who stays. I think I probably sell 90-95% of these new 2yo's every year.

Here are the two keepers for this year...

Ellis Island

Kill The Cook

Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:36 am
Group 1 winner

This might be one of the best looking horses I've bred stats wise. Every stat I want to be good is high including a 92 confidence which is a rare find. I can see a lot foals coming from this one. He is bred to be a blazing front runner and he does just that. His last two races I gave the instructions of "Pacemaker/Challenge earlier/Don't trail" - He has won very easily both times. This one is a beast.

Droja

Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:32 am
Reply to topic   [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next