View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jun 03, 2024 8:35 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Seemingly normal horse acting up 
Selling plater

Post Seemingly normal horse acting up
I've got a home bred 2 year old that refuses to settle in races. After it's first 2 races (both 2nds) I looked at his disposition thinking I'd missed something, but it was normal. Then I looked at his quirks bar and it was completely empty. WIth it being home bred, I had both parents in the breeding barn so I checked their stats and they both had empty quirks bars as well and both had normal dispositions. Have I gotten really unlucky with this or is it just a bug in the game?

Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:42 pm
Selling plater

Post Re: Seemingly normal horse acting up
Try a 3rd race as I've had horses refuse to settle in their first two races but were fine after that.

I've also had horses with no quirks or family history of not settling who never settled so I think it's just the luck aspect every now and then. Although, some of them seemed to be from NH stock that I had transferred into flat game or vice versa.

Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:03 pm
Group 1 winner

Not a bug, there are no absolutes. Sometimes it happens and as said will sometimes sort itself out after a few runs. Your other option is a pacifier.

Josh

Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:39 pm
Selling plater

Thanks guys, tried 3 more races using each pacifier and he's won all 3, even though he still won't settle. Won the RP Trophy so I definitely don't want to geld him in case he's something special.

Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:17 am
Selling plater

Seems to be quite a good horse if he can win group ones without settling. Breed him and just hope it doesn't pass down his offspring.

Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:02 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]