View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:50 am

Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 I wonder if... 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: I wonder if...
Yes! I did it. Took a winner of a seller with a paltry 43 rating and turned it into a feature race winner. The apprentice went back on and the distance was back to 1m4f and back on the turf. She drew away at the end nicely. A Grade 2 turf race is next.

Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:33 am
Group 1 winner

Tordasia was injured for the last two months of her 4yo season so I put her out to grass. The 5yo campaign started with a another graded placing this time in a Grade 2 feature. Put a line through the next race as she never picked her feet up on the soft turf. Her last race - She wins the Grade 2 Sheepshead Bay on the firm turf! Now only Grade 1 level left to conquer before I sell her at the end of this season.

Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:17 am
Group 1 winner

Here is the end of this tale. She wasn't competitive at Grade 1 level but she did manage another Grade 2 victory. Sold at auction for a hefty profit of 1.2 million. I like horses like this to play around with - A 3yo distance horse (1m2f to 1m5f) who has one bad sprint race as a 2yo who then returns as a 3yo in a seller. You can have some fun in the handicap races and even get a nice horse like this one. Thanks for reading. :D

Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:14 am
Group 3 winner

Excellent! And I love your tipsters, especially the chimp :lol:

Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:05 pm
Group 1 winner

I will post some of what's going on in my game here because I don't feel like starting a new thread. Humbug.

This is what it's all about for me in SO6. Having a beast I know will dominate the AI but still manages to lose. Manual training is a great way to play if you value gameplay. Did I get this horse beat? One thing for sure he needed a rest after his last race.

Heading Home lost his debut most likely due to me entering him in a 5 furlong race when he should've debuted in a 7 furlong race. Oh well I ain't no hall of famer. He goes on to win the Breeders Cup Juvenile. His 3yo campaign was going perfectly. Triple Crown is on the line in the Belmont. He gets his head nicely in front nearing the wire. THEN the runner up in the Kentucky Derby sprouts wings in the final yards and nails Heading Home at the wire. That my friends is racing. What this game is about.

Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:10 pm
Group 1 winner

I'm working with 3 horses right now with two of the three having just finished their careers. The retiring two couldn't beat the 3yo above Heading Home in the Breeders' Cup Classic in their final race. Heading Home had a big pace advantage.

Mr. Green Genes was fun to train because I got to hoping he would finish second or third in all of his races. I helped him in getting all those placings without a win by running him against the next horse you'll see. In the US game, in the training screen, the head lad will say "this horse prefers dirt" for about 90% of your horses. When the head lad fails to say this that means the horse probably likes turf better. Mr Green Genes didn't have a dirt comment from the head lad - thus I gave him his catchy name. He dominated the turf as a 4yo.

Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:20 am
Group 1 winner

Sound The Alarm - One of the best specimens I've bred. Potential could be better. His wins were eye catching. Surely the better of these three horses yet he was quite capable of finding ways to lose.

Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:26 am
Group 1 winner

SiriusChill wrote:
Sound The Alarm - One of the best specimens I've bred. Potential could be better. His wins were eye catching. Surely the better of these three horses yet he was quite capable of finding ways to lose.

He's one of those serious do u head in ( in between ) distance horses, not a miler and not a 1m2 horse. I only trail my horses at 1m - 1m2 -1m4 distances and so every now and again horses will fall through the cracks and be one of those in between horses. Breed him to a proper 1m2 furlong horse and if he's as good as u say then his off spring will be serious 1m2 horses. And if u want to get that cruising burst up u need to be looking for the 1m5+ horses. But it's tough to do that in the US game because of the low distances, u need to start a Uk game up and look for them.

Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3